Then reason dictates the necessity for night vision goggles, and maybe tactical flashlights/spot lights for the inferior insurgent/militia forces assuming they can't afford or won't have access to NVG's. The maps are dark as shit, can't see a thing.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, EcchiRevenge said:

Tweak contrast/gamma...etc.

9_9........... Really? I take it this is supposed to be a realistic military shooter set in the modern era right? Do solders in the real world tweak the "contrast/gamma" of their eyes to see better, or do they use actual illumination tools like NVG's and lights? Maybe its just me, but I'm 100% certain its the latter. 

Edited by Jibroni Gibironi

Night vision for night maps is something OWI might explore into, post 1.0 full release. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

^ no.

+1 add NVG's.

^ no.

8 hours ago, Jibroni Gibironi said:

9_9........... Really? I take it this is supposed to be a realistic military shooter set in the modern era right? Do solders in the real world tweak the "contrast/gamma" of their eyes to see better, or do they use actual illumination tools like NVG's and lights? Maybe its just me, but I'm 100% certain its the latter. 

Yes, actually.

This is the IRL equivalent of adjusting gamma/contrast(maybe less powerful, but still possible):
https://www.itstactical.com/intellicom/tradecraft/navigating-the-dark-how-to-preserve-your-night-vision/ 

I'm surprised you're trying to play "realistic military shooter" yet do not know the basics of fieldcraft.

And clearly you don't have NVG right now, so you have to adapt/overcome like real soldiers do before availability of NVG and handheld sun... (and maps tend to learn toward twilight when NVG would have been a lot less useful than you think)

I would love to have some flashlights or at least spotlights on vehicles, but I'm pretty sure Squad is having trouble just rendering all the muzzleflashes(if any) at night, now imagine an additional 100 dynamic lightsources...

Edited by EcchiRevenge

On 3/5/2020 at 2:03 AM, EcchiRevenge said:

^ no.

Yes, actually.

This is the IRL equivalent of adjusting gamma/contrast(maybe less powerful, but still possible):
https://www.itstactical.com/intellicom/tradecraft/navigating-the-dark-how-to-preserve-your-night-vision/ 

I'm surprised you're trying to play "realistic military shooter" yet do not know the basics of fieldcraft.

And clearly you don't have NVG right now, so you have to adapt/overcome like real soldiers do before availability of NVG and handheld sun... (and maps tend to learn toward twilight when NVG would have been a lot less useful than you think)

I would love to have some flashlights or at least spotlights on vehicles, but I'm pretty sure Squad is having trouble just rendering all the muzzleflashes(if any) at night, now imagine an additional 100 dynamic lightsources...

xD Nice little joke website you linked there. We need night NVG's and flash lights asap. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jibroni Gibironi said:

xD Nice little joke website you linked there. We need night NVG's and flash lights asap. 

Nice try at dodging facts by calling what you can't respond to..."joke website."

In conclusion, your lack of knowledge on fieldcraft has blinded(lol) you from the reality that there is realism basis for tweaking gamma/contrast.

Is it overpowered?  yes(and it should not be possible).  Is it 100% unrealistic? no.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EcchiRevenge said:

Nice try at dodging facts by calling what you can't respond to..."joke website."

In conclusion, your lack of knowledge on fieldcraft has blinded(lol) you from the reality that there is realism basis for tweaking gamma/contrast.

Is it overpowered?  yes(and it should not be possible).  Is it 100% unrealistic? no.

:) Oh no , no, I fully understand where the article is coming from, means nothing in the end. Know why? Its very simple. For one, if I am take it seriously at all, your "solutions" it only work in a real world environment regardless, not in a 3D creation sitting behind an LCD screen. If you've actually tried it, you'd know this. For two, the customer shouldn't have to adjust his screen to see in pitch black settings, the developer is supposed to actually address it by realistic, MODERN methods, in a game that takes place in a realistic, MODERN time period, not by eye patches and "counting to ten", and other such foolishness. If you want an eye patch, then you should implore the developers to put it in the damn game where it would actually make a lick of difference, simple.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jibroni Gibironi said:

:) Oh no , no, I fully understand where the article is coming from, means nothing in the end. Know why? Its very simple. For one, if I am take it seriously at all, your "solutions" it only work in a real world environment regardless, not in a 3D creation sitting behind an LCD screen. If you've actually tried it, you'd know this. For two, the customer shouldn't have to adjust his screen to see in pitch black settings, the developer is supposed to actually address it by realistic, MODERN methods, in a game that takes place in a realistic, MODERN time period, not by eye patches and "counting to ten", and other such foolishness. If you want an eye patch, then you should implore the developers to put it in the damn game where it would actually matter, simple. 

More bs excuses.

Reality is that people do plenty to adjust their eyes to night time's lack of light

You still couldn't figure out the fact that map isn't supposed to be pitch black.

You haven't lost the ability to use eyeballs today, or maybe you have but others haven't.  Or maybe you can't count to ten???
The reality you're trying to avoid is that red light...etc. is SOP for real world militaries today. (that's why you're harping on about eyepatch and count to ten instead of rest of article)

Edited by EcchiRevenge

Just now, EcchiRevenge said:

More bs excuses.

Reality is that people do plenty to adjust their eyes to night time's lack of light

You still couldn't figure out the fact that map isn't supposed to be pitch black.

You haven't lost the ability to use eyeballs today, or maybe you have but others haven't.  Or maybe you can't count to ten???

Take a chill pill, take a dump even, let all that excess gas out,  relax, and comprehend what I stated. Your "solutions" only work if the real world environment that you live in was actually dark, not in a virtual environment behind a computer screen. Your interpretation of that article is not at all how our eyes actually work. If you've convinced yourself that eye patches work, so be it, knock yourself out. I on the other hand, prefer real solutions for the gameplay itself with the addition of NVG's and flight lights, like solders in the real world we currently live in actually use. Throwing the problem back on the customer to solve is about as sorry an excuse can possibly get, and a bad business practice at that for a product THEY are selling. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jibroni Gibironi said:

Take a chill pill, take a dump even, let all that excess gas out,  relax, and comprehend what I stated. Your "solutions" only work if the real world environment that you live in was actually dark, not in a virtual environment behind a computer screen. Your interpretation of that article is not at all how our eyes actually work. If you've convinced yourself that eye patches work, so be it, knock yourself out. I on the other hand, prefer real solutions for the gameplay itself with the addition of NVG's and flight lights, like solders in the real world we currently live in actually use. Throwing the problem back on the customer to solve is about as sorry an excuse can possibly get, and a bad business practice at that for a product THEY are selling. 

Projecting your sad mental state has never worked for you; it won't begin to work even now.

Try going outside sometime.

It's not my interpretation of that article; it's in fact *your* interpretation that is not at all how eyes actually work(not "our eyes" because yours clearly is inferior if you can't tell the difference).

I didn't convince myself, mythbusters did label it "plausible"...

Again you ignored rest of the article to continue biting hard on the eye patch thing when that's just thrown in at the end for flavor.

The reality is:
1. maps are generally not pitch black
2. NVG/FLIR doesn't exist in Squad yet
3. there is real life basis for adapting the eye to the dark(with monitor, it's adjust contrast...etc.), which I proved yet you continuously tried to dodge that fact.

It's dev's fault for allowing it to happen, but it's your fault for begging for NVG while refusing to adjust contrast to make darker maps playable.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, EcchiRevenge said:

It's dev's fault for allowing it to happen, 

:) Yep, and the argument should end right there, thanks for proving my point. Its THEIR game, so its their job to fix their ****ing shit. This is called the "feedback and suggestions" sub forum for them to do exactly that, not for us to adjust to an unfinished product WE paid for. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jibroni Gibironi said:

:) Yep, and the argument should end right there, thanks for proving my point. Its THEIR game, so its their job to fix their ****ing shit. This is called the "feedback and suggestions" sub forum for them to do exactly that, not for us to adjust to an unfinished product WE paid for. 

There was no argument; you're under the delusion that you were ever capable of arguing when in reality you were being educated on...reality.

Yes it's their game and their mess; it's on you to abuse contrast/gamma adjustment to make them pay for their errors...

Edited by EcchiRevenge