einmensch

Graphics settings -> compromise of fps and quality

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and this might be the wrong place (feel free to move me ;-) ).

I was wondering if there's a current guide out there to tweak graphics settings. I'm interested in the best compromise of fps and quality (aesthetics and spotting). Usually, you have some kind of sweet spot that still gives you relatively pleasing visuals but retains a good fps rate.

I found some guides from 2018 but I since things have changed (engine updated etc.) and I'm not sure if they still make sense.

Thanks in advance!  

Edited by einmensch

There's a good guide to AA on reddit that tends to be the go-to guide. Not /necessarily/ FPS-oriented, but may very well help: 

Posted (edited)

Use third party cheating software - Nvidia Freestyle to sharpen image, change gamma, brightness, etc
And switch off any antialiasing, because AA of any type makes your image blurry. Also set upscaling as high as possible.

You can bind a hotkey to switch on gamma when you are in vehicle to see further. Sharpening, no AA, upscaling will make you see enemies better. This game is not a milsim, but a competitive shooter, like CS. Lower graphic settings will really help you in that - less foliage, sharpening, gamma, brightness and contrast correction works well.

P. S. There is no single player, but only multiplayer and with current game meta - if you spot better, shoot better, your team will be uphand. Mostly go lonewolving to destroy enemy supply trucks (on logi runs) and hubs with 1-2 lonewolvers gives you win situation. And if lonewolvers uses that tweaks that makes much  easier to do the job. For better game performance you should go that way.

Edited by Ruplay

Posted (edited)

One thing I noticed for both Squad and PS is that the sharpening layer in beneath the TAA layer.

So basically the game is being rendered, then there is a sharping layer being applied and then TAA is on top of that.

I think you guys should flip the sharpening layer to be on top of the TAA layer.

Deep Rock Galactic, a kind of Left 4 Dead style co-op game using the Unreal Engine originally had the same kind of issues with their AA.   The community had the same access to the .ini so they tweaked it and eventually the Devs put their popular method into the game.  

So now there are a few TAA "blur/AA"  levels with an actual Sharpening Slider like in Squad.

The difference being from Squad is that the Sharpening Layer is on top of the TAA Layer, so the picture looks more clear.

Edited by Crafty

On 3/26/2020 at 1:53 PM, SCG_ErwinP said:

@Gatzby, i would like to know about SQUAD API, can you help me with it?

Not sure. We don't have an API in the sense that you're thinking, I suspect. You can access our SDK on the Epic Games Store for free.

It sort of sounds like you might be confusing us with the Unreal Engine.