Hooves

Its just too fast

Hello all, great work up until now, but as of right now (I know I know, Pre Alpha) the game is no better than Insurgency gameplay.  I just came from a game, where I put together a sqaud and we moved together and played like we play in PR.   We lost the map is about 10 minutes, becasue their team just back capped everything with no squad work what so ever all we played was chase the cap.  I hope that this turns around dramatically when we get logisitcs for fobs, but right now its too frustrating to play in any other way except run and gun, and thats NOT why I bought into this.

I understand your point but the game has only 1/100 of features implemented, gameplay will dramatically change within the next 2 years. The main focus right now is to report bug, give our opinion to the Dev on a new thing added .....

I wouldn't worry too much gameplay wise

It will definitely change as the game matures. Right now, we only have infantry combat with no real penalty for dying. Our lives mean very little, especially if there's a fob close. It will slow down as we get the wounded state & revive [revive was implemented internally] and the maps gets more spread out with vehicles. You're still talking about a game that is in its infancy compared to the target vision.

I understand your point but the game has only 1/100 of features implemented, gameplay will dramatically change within the next 2 years. The main focus right now is to report bug, give our opinion to the Dev on a new thing added .....

I wouldn't worry too much gameplay wise

i agree, well said (and im a rifleman waiting anxiously so i havent played Squad yet). the players playing right now are more like game "testers" than actual game "players" although the testers get to play the game. one vehicles are in and fobs can be built up with machine guns and such, it will be a whole new game. that Squad plays like INS right now is a good comparison and should be expected. op, plz dont lose faith, give it a few more months at least, then if youre still disappointing then well, you can at least say you gave the game a legit chance

This game is currently in PRE-ALPHA, and is far from feature complete. If you expected anything more at this point, your expectations were in error.

I'd say 2 big things should slow down the game in the future:

1) Logistics for FOBs like you said, as we won't have so many FOBs popping up all over the place.

2) Not being able to spawn on FOBs while enemies are close. NO idea if this will be implemented or not, but in PR that made things a little slower due to people needing to wait to spawn.

I'd say between those two and other things being added that the game should be slowed down quite a bit. Another thing (that I've noticed) are teams focusing all on attacking rather than defending, this I typically see lots of games end due to one side capping all the points. When players learn a bit more teamwork in the future I'd imagine that should help the speed as well.

2) Not being able to spawn on FOBs while enemies are close. NO idea if this will be implemented or not, but in PR that made things a little slower due to people needing to wait to spawn.

I never got into PR that much, did that mean one person could just go near a FOB, prone somewhere hidden and the entire enemy team wouldn't be able to spawn there?

Hello all, great work up until now, but as of right now (I know I know, Pre Alpha) the game is no better than Insurgency gameplay.  I just came from a game, where I put together a sqaud and we moved together and played like we play in PR.   We lost the map is about 10 minutes, becasue their team just back capped everything with no squad work what so ever all we played was chase the cap.  I hope that this turns around dramatically when we get logisitcs for fobs, but right now its too frustrating to play in any other way except run and gun, and thats NOT why I bought into this.

how do i get in

I never got into PR that much, did that mean one person could just go near a FOB, prone somewhere hidden and the entire enemy team wouldn't be able to spawn there?

Can't remember how many players were required to block spawning, but yes. When X amount of enemy players are within Ym of the FOB for Z amount of time, your team can't spawn on it anymore. The FOB is considered overrun, and will remain blocked until the enemy players are removed.

The gameplay will slowdown once more mechanics are added. Bipods, MG enplacments, mortars, vehicles, wounded system, suppression, non-wip weapon accuracy and sway etc will make the game more like PR.

One minor thing that really slows down the game is in PR the flags are far from eachother because you can use vehicles which are not in squad yet. It makes it so that when your squad dies you cant just run back to where you died in a couple seconds.

Its almost like this is pre-alpha.

Can't remember how many players were required to block spawning, but yes. When X amount of enemy players are within Ym of the FOB for Z amount of time, your team can't spawn on it anymore. The FOB is considered overrun, and will remain blocked until the enemy players are removed.

Ive suggested that in a thread also which to me sounds like great logic idea

BF4 has an similar system

Thanks for the civil responses, Im sure you guys are right.  I jsut hope my Alpha access it has slowed to the PR pace.  AS there are many that bought into that who have NEVER played PR.  If the curent gameplay hits the masses, it will be chalked up as an insurgency clone.  Which we all know is not the goal at all.  I am just confused as why fromt eh get go the gameplay wasnt slower.  Liek why the caps go 10x faster than they should.  Just as an example.

Two things that would help right now is to slow down how fast it is to cap a flag and to lengthen the time to respawn at a FOB.

The ability to overrun a FOB is in the game but the fast respawns make it really difficult to do so effectively without spawn camping it.

It could be interesting if they tied the fobs cap timer to the defenses (like the more defenses up, the longer it'd take to cap) but if say the opposing team blew something big up (like a Bunker/Hesco Barrier or a lot of Sandbag walls) it'd take a big dent out of the cap bar. 

I've said this once before and it's worth repeating again and again: Read up on https://en.wikipedia...ease_life_cycle and compare it to Squad's current development. I think people expect a lot more out of Squad's pre-alpha without realizing or understanding exactly what any of these stages are. The game is simply not finished. It's bare-bones infantry combat at the moment to test out critical infrastructure of the game (i.e. stress tests, server performance, client performance, hit boxes, A to B, Y to Z - the essentials in any early stage of software development). If you have any insightful, constructive suggestions, post it on the forums and let it be known. But this current stage of the game is no where near the developer's expectation of the final product.

If you are frustrated, give it time, take a break, and come back every other build. Pre-Alpha is gonna sometimes be a headache, but if you stick around long enough, you can be part of a really cool process that most people never get to experience in the video gaming realm. Pre-Alpha is a privilege you have received from donating and supporting the development team.

I've said this once before and it's worth repeating again and again: Read up on https://en.wikipedia...ease_life_cycle and compare it to Squad's current development. I think people expect a lot more out of Squad's pre-alpha without realizing or understanding exactly what any of these stages are. The game is simply not finished. It's bare-bones infantry combat at the moment to test out critical infrastructure of the game (i.e. stress tests, server performance, client performance, hit boxes, A to B, Y to Z - the essentials in any early stage of software development). If you have any insightful, constructive suggestions, post it on the forums and let it be known. But this current stage of the game is no where near the developer's expectation of the final product.

If you are frustrated, give it time, take a break, and come back every other build. Pre-Alpha is gonna sometimes be a headache, but if you stick around long enough, you can be part of a really cool process that most people never get to experience in the video gaming realm. Pre-Alpha is a privilege you have received from donating and supporting the development team.

I like you, manifest.

Problem is that mamy ppl complain about many deferent things in this early stage . Imagine how Devs feel , cant get to a 1000 places at the same time . We are testers , we play to tests how things work and report it , we are helping them to create the best FPS game ever , dont rush them let them take their time so we can enjoy the game for years to come . I tried the Lonewof role , back track and all that good stuff and your team canot win like that. The bigest problem is this . In a team u have 1 squad doing things while other 2 squads aredoing [email protected] all to help thats why u lose games . Other team works together . Not just 1 squad but 3 of them . One goes on and back track while the other 2 are attacking the next point . If u were to watch my Squad video called Bad Lead u will see how we moved well as a Squad but were not on the point and we lost the game in 10 minutes .

Infantry gameplay is the bread and butter of shooters especially in PR. Squad needs to get it right.

Yes, it will take time but it needs to be competitive with other tactical shooters before we can think about combined arms.

Infantry gameplay is the bread and butter of shooters especially in PR. Squad needs to get it right.

Yes, it will take time but it needs to be competitive with other tactical shooters before we can think about combined arms.

Battle we have to fight internally on a daily basis man, not everyone wants to spend a year just doing infantry only.

Also, regarding OP, if you are getting back capped constantly...that doesn't sound like teamplay to me, that sounds like your team doing the opposite of teamplay and the other team out playing you...so...

Sure, your squad might be working together, but if your whole team is not working together and theirs is...this is going to happen. 

I've seen it numerous times now, no one leaves people to defend flags and you are guaranteed to get back capped.

You want to know what happens when two squads work together and using bounding techniques to capture flags like Luetin and I's squad last night? You win.

You want to know what happens when two squads work together and using bounding techniques to capture flags like Luetin and I's squad last night? You win.

I love the fact that the better team wins, the control I have over the character, weapon handling and movement. I just hope RNG and arbitrary difficulty doesn't come in because the game is "too fast" or the impact an individual can have "has" to be downplayed.