Sign in to follow this  
maze2

Weapon sway: too much when moving you’re gun around

The sway when i move the camera around is too much. Never in real life and most games have this much sway when u move your weapon left and right or up and down.I say definitely turn it down. It’s feels like the character doesn’t have good grip.

btw i am not talking the sway when u sprint and tire yourself up . I am talking about when you move your weapon.Some guys get confused.

Edited by maze2

The real problem is when moving while prone/ADS.

It was faster to un-ADS and re-ADS than wait for the animation to finish.

That "sway" you're talking about is supposed to simulate weapon weight.  If you don't like it then you can move mouse more slowly.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

1 hour ago, EcchiRevenge said:

That "sway" you're talking about is supposed to simulate weapon weight.  If you don't like it then you can move mouse more slowly.

Exactly because of that. It’s too much , i should be able to do some flicks without that sway.Anybody with practice can do it but the current sway it’s excesive. I mean i could understand if were to shoot M240 or PKM from the shoulder but any other rifle shouldn’t have sway.

1 minute ago, maze2 said:

Exactly because of that. It’s too much , i should be able to do some flicks without that sway.Anybody with practice can do it but the current sway it’s excesive. I mean i could understand if were to shoot M240 or PKM from the shoulder but any other rifle shouldn’t have sway.

It's not too much because you can slow down at the end.

The reality is that you can't "flick" a real rifle as fast as you can in-game(since player turn rate is iirc not capped).
Even if you pretend real rifle is weightless, your body itself has momentum...

Edited by EcchiRevenge

7 minutes ago, EcchiRevenge said:

It's not too much because you can slow down at the end.

The reality is that you can't "flick" a real rifle as fast as you can in-game(since player turn rate is iirc not capped).
Even if you pretend real rifle is weightless, your body itself has momentum...

Well, i am speaking from my experience shooting. I still believe it has to be turned down considerably , not get rid of it completely but has to be lowered. The momentum isn’t as much as u think it is. Arma 3 sway for example is very good.

1 minute ago, maze2 said:

Well, i am speaking from my experience shooting. I still believe it has to be turned down considerably , not get rid of it completely but has to be lowered. The momentum isn’t as much as u think it is. Arma 3 sway for example is very good.

That's because your brain is trained to not notice/compensate subconsciously.

Not that you would be switching targets much on typical shooting ranges...

If you actually turn character as rapidly as you do IRL then there shouldn't be much "sway."

Edited by EcchiRevenge

49 minutes ago, EcchiRevenge said:

That's because your brain is trained to not notice/compensate subconsciously.

Not that you would be switching targets much on typical shooting ranges...

If you actually turn character as rapidly as you do IRL then there shouldn't be much "sway."

That’s right there wouldn’t that sway.At the end of the day there’s gotta be some control by the character , if it’s subconscious then it shouldn’t be in my hands to control that.  U might as well have a button for holding the weapon the whole time.U can’t get everything right in the game and and this is one those things. It’s simply overdone. By the way u are saying this i can asume u’ve had very little experience  to none handling a gun. Believe  me u can do some really fast shit  with the right practice.Again i recommend u to watch Arma 3. The weapon movement is very accurate. There are other games that get it right too . Stop insisting it ‘s “realistic” because it is overly done.

Edited by maze2

2 hours ago, maze2 said:

That’s right there wouldn’t that sway.At the end of the day there’s gotta be some control by the character , if it’s subconscious then it shouldn’t be in my hands to control that.  U might as well have a button for holding the weapon the whole time.U can’t get everything right in the game and and this is one those things. It’s simply overdone. By the way u are saying this i can asume u’ve had very little experience  to none handling a gun. Believe  me u can do some really fast shit  with the right practice.Again i recommend u to watch Arma 3. The weapon movement is very accurate. There are other games that get it right too . Stop insisting it ‘s “realistic” because it is overly done.

No there would be; just that you failed to notice/you're not fast enough.
So train your mouse hand to slow down at end to compensate.

What's overdone is your mouse movement; you're turning in-game character at superhuman speed.

Arma 3 is irrelevant as it's not the golden grail of realism you think it is(even the one added by Arma 3 post-release depends on weight...etc.); it actually has a control delay(~40 frames) that is simply bad.
What you felt is probably that instead.

You clearly have very little experience firing real guns; plastic airsoft guns do not count.  Nice try.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

1 hour ago, EcchiRevenge said:

No there would be; just that you failed to notice/you're not fast enough.
So train your mouse hand to slow down at end to compensate.

What's overdone is your mouse movement; you're turning in-game character at superhuman speed.

Arma 3 is irrelevant as it's not the golden grail of realism you think it is(even the one added by Arma 3 post-release depends on weight...etc.); it actually has a control delay(~40 frames) that is simply bad.
What you felt is probably that instead.

You clearly have very little experience firing real guns; plastic airsoft guns do not count.  Nice try.

First,training my hand to slow down isn’t an argument. Superhuman speed? Have u seen instructor zero? That guy is nuts. U need to check him to really see what the human is capable of.Flicking  really fast in real life is totally posible , if he can i can. Second , i didn’t say to get rid of it, i said to lower it because i know there’s some just not as much. Arma 3 still in my opinion, in that regard is closer to the real sway.

50 minutes ago, maze2 said:

First,training my hand to slow down isn’t an argument. Superhuman speed? Have u seen instructor zero? That guy is nuts. U need to check him to really see what the human is capable of.Flicking  really fast in real life is totally posible , if he can i can. Second , i didn’t say to get rid of it, i said to lower it because i know there’s some just not as much. Arma 3 still in my opinion, in that regard is closer to the real sway.

"I want every player in Squad to be the equivalent of someone who practices 12 hours a day to do trick shots, without any practice on their part."

This is a game where you can make a standing 1000m shot first try every time, and you think shooting should be easier!? Good players already can do anything you see high level 3 gun people do, it just takes more practice than more gamey games.

2 hours ago, Vewt said:

"I want every player in Squad to be the equivalent of someone who practices 12 hours a day to do trick shots, without any practice on their part."

This is a game where you can make a standing 1000m shot first try every time, and you think shooting should be easier!? Good players already can do anything you see high level 3 gun people do, it just takes more practice than more gamey games.

+1

5 hours ago, maze2 said:

So train harder to the point where you can "flick" your shot in game without relying on weapon inertia to reset.

4 hours ago, Vewt said:

Already proved that you can't even see 1000m target half the time without zoom.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

On 15/2/2020 at 11:38 PM, Chinchilla said:

Does no one here hold their breath to counter the sway?

That’s the sway when you’re out of stamina. I mean when u move your weapon side to side or up and down. READ.