Graphicsettings

fix Graphicsettings

fix graphicsettings  

14 members have voted

1. 1. should we fix graphicsettings?

• yes
    • no

Hello guys, first of all thanks for the great game, but unfortunately I find it unfair if the servers are played with different graphics settings.

Unfortunately, you can gain enormous advantages if you set the shadows to low and the adjacent option also to low. As a result, the night maps become bright as day and grasses disappear.

My proposition:

is it possible to make the graphic settings the same for everyone (server side)?

I lose the fun of playing like many others, but I don't want to play with outdated graphics in order to gain advantages. Why do a lot of people just play that way even though they own a PC for 1500 €.

Dear Squad Team

Please set the four graphics settings to Epic, so that nobody gets any more advantage.

Thank you, otherwise it's really a great game.

Sorry for my english, but i'm sure everyone knows what i mean.

Edited by Graphicsettings

I only agree with the shadows settings(even low should have some shadows), effects i will use them always on Low, cus that's a big performance hit when there's a lot of smokes everywhere.

yes, that's right Lio, but there are enough other points on the map if, for example, you are somewhere in the forest and you get performance drops without smoke.

But in my eyes everyone has it and it is due to the game. But if I am constantly shot and don't even see where it is going, then something goes wrong if I first have to lower my graphic to see the enemy so that I can shoot earlier than my enemy.

Rather, I believe that there are many people who lower the settings to increase their k / d because of the benefits, even though they have a gamer pc. We no longer live in the C64 era where you have to play with pixel graphics.

well, that's my opinion. I just want to ask for more fairplay.

Sometimes you get shot because you're backlit by the sky or something bright...not because someone else has lower settings than you.

Prone in grass is classic bad idea in games with big maps.

Ironically "gamer pc" doesn't run this game well either.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

It's been stated many times before that this will be looked at and addressed once optimisation has reached a specific level.

Hopefully we are nearing that as I agree that it needs to be looked at as low shadows looks awful and do give those using/abusing it an advantage.

1 hour ago, EcchiRevenge said:

Ironically "gamer pc" doesn't run this game well either.

Speak for yourself on that one. Mine runs it fine. Squad is never going to a game that runs at 100± fps at all times

Just now, Melbo said:

Speak for yourself on that one. Mine runs it fine. Squad is never going to a game that runs at 100± fps at all times

People have claimed 30fps is "fine" before.

Squad can start with not being bottlenecked by 1-2 cores. (gpu pretty much never at 100%)

Edited by EcchiRevenge

13 minutes ago, EcchiRevenge said:

People have claimed 30fps is "fine" before.

Squad can start with not being bottlenecked by 1-2 cores.

Guess what...30fps for some people is fine. Not for me but for many. 

UE4 can be temperamental for sure but some of the expectations are absurd. You're never getting your 100 fps with 80/100 player games any time soon.

Remember that the beta phase is the time where optimisation really gets attention. The engine upgrade happening at the moment will help in the future with its new profiling tools.

12 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Guess what...30fps for some people is fine. Not for me but for many. 

UE4 can be temperamental for sure but some of the expectations are absurd. You're never getting your 100 fps with 80/100 player games any time soon.

Remember that the beta phase is the time where optimisation really gets attention. The engine upgrade happening at the moment will help in the future with its new profiling tools.

Guess what...you just admitted that "fine" is an irrelevant description.

I never expected a stable 144fps game at 100players.

I expected consistent 60fps(that can be locked and stay that way at least 99% of time) on a modern cpu.
And I just know somebody will claim they get 90+fps all the time(on a particular map, in a particular spot, with less players; might even be just main menu/offlinetraining).

Edited by EcchiRevenge

1 minute ago, EcchiRevenge said:

Guess what...you just admitted that "fine" is an irrelevant description.

I never expected a stable 144fps game at 100players.

I expected consistent 60fps(that can be locked and stay that way at least 99% of time).
And I just know somebody will claim they get 90+fps all the time(on a particular map, in a particular spot, with less players; might even be just main menu/offlinetraining).

Obviously "fine" wouldn't be fine if it was running 30fps on my system. 

I've not noticed my system dip below 60 for a long time.

Anyway like I said, beta stage will bring more optimisation and the engine upgrades will just bring more in the future. 

12 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Obviously "fine" wouldn't be fine if it was running 30fps on my system. 

I've not noticed my system dip below 60 for a long time.

Anyway like I said, beta stage will bring more optimisation and the engine upgrades will just bring more in the future. 

Not noticing anything doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I can find them in random recordings(4 out of 5 videos have these dips below 60):

Even if I'm not trying to record a fps drop. (and it's not because of recording, as I have 8 cores and 16 threads, most of which remains unused in normal gameplay)

i5-8400 + RTX2070 also does it.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

3 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Just put your shadows to low for now then ^_^

Plot twist: they're already at low.

Less/no shadows -> less drawcalls -> less cpu bottleneck.  It's basically the only graphical option that improves fps noticeably.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

It seems obvious then that the shadows setting cannot be blocked at this stage of development. As Melbo said above it is being looked at.

I have a high end system from 2014... so most stuff is low or mid. I am happy with 60fps and only really suffer on top of mountains with a long view. 

I can squeeze a few shadows in and still enjoy the appearance of the game.

I'd like a settings rule that started limiting max view distance etc if you reduce settings like shadows. This would prevent high end pc's trimming settings just for advantage. If they turn down one thing it also starts to drop other things below a threshold.