Sign in to follow this  
Santini

proposal for communications - minimal change - max. efficiency

I would suggest that, like a squad leader, use the key for the commander, another key for his squad, and another key for the local ...
the same keys should be automatically resurfaced, when the SL designate an FTL their keys comunications  will reassigned automatically to:

the communication key with commander in the FTL is reallocated to communicate with his SL and other FTLs of their own squad.
the communication with the members of his FTL would be through the squad key ...
and local key remains the same ...

It is a minimum coding variation, which is added when selecting the FTL, which reallocates the keys to the FTL within a squad.

advantage :
- lower saturation of communications between SL and commander, FTL´s and soldiers, vehicles ..
- This allows, to have separated the communications in a vehicle of a squad of the rest members and SL of own squad, when having assigned the members of the vehicle to an FTL.
- That the conversations of the members of the FTL do not saturate the SL.
- The SL would keep the keys as they have key for commander, key for all members of the squad, and local key.

this part "soldiers" would be to decide: versions

1) the soldiers assigned to an FTL are reassigned the keys: the squad key to communicate with their FTL and the other members of the FTL, and not with the rest of the squad.
and keep the local key.
they could not communicate with the rest of their squad except through their FTL.
In this case you ensure that the soldiers do not saturate communications in any way to the SL except those of the ALFA section.

2) Soldiers assigned to FTL, commander key is reallocated as communication with their entire squad, squad key is reallocated as communication with their FTL and FTL members, and maintains local key.
In this case, you leave the possibility that in exceptional cases, any member of the squad communicates with all the members of his squad.

I think it would be a simple solution to nest communications without adding channels or more keys.
allowing to reduce the saturation of communications. especially to SL. and to be able to separate the communications within the vehicles without having to add more keys.

what do you think ??

Edited by Santini

FTL Commander channel coms redirected to SL and FTLs seems like a good idea.

Beyond that it might get confusing as the key used most - Squad Channel - swaps around depending on if you are SL or just a member.

I'd like to suggest another improvement:

Include the numpad keys for direct FTL coms. (for a faster response - fireteam in a vic could all hear the channel as if it is on the vic radio) Or Vics within squad could get a numpad channel automatically, it would be amazing (super immersive) to be inside another squads vic and hear their squad only coms :).

hmm....I can't think of a way to make the crossed out above work without a modifier like Shift+Numpad. 

Perhaps the command channel could go to all squad owned vics as well as the SL and FTLS. Would be a great way for vic coms to be separated from general squad coms.

I would suggest some kind in vehicle com system especially for tank,heli,IFV.

Instead of shouting in local chat or going to the sound options and tinkering with it,or spamming the squad chat. 

3 hours ago, suds said:

FTL Commander channel coms redirected to SL and FTLs seems like a good idea.

Beyond that it might get confusing as the key used most - Squad Channel - swaps around depending on if you are SL or just a member.

I'd like to suggest another improvement:

Include the numpad keys for direct FTL coms. (for a faster response - fireteam in a vic could all hear the channel as if it is on the vic radio) Or Vics within squad could get a numpad channel automatically, it would be amazing (super immersive) to be inside another squads vic and hear their squad only coms :).

hmm....I can't think of a way to make the crossed out above work without a modifier like Shift+Numpad. 

Perhaps the command channel could go to all squad owned vics as well as the SL and FTLS. Would be a great way for vic coms to be separated from general squad coms.

No problem, comunicación num pad is the same use, only for comunication between SL's..

No need changes..

3 hours ago, Bahrein said:

I would suggest some kind in vehicle com system especially for tank,heli,IFV.

Instead of shouting in local chat or going to the sound options and tinkering with it,or spamming the squad chat. 

My suggest, fix that problem,  FTL and their section FTL only can speak between them, if key Squad com reasigned to comunication inside FTL section.

The crew of the vehicle asigned to one FTL,  they only speak between them...and leader FTL is only who can with SL.. in versión 1

On versión 2 is same, but soldiers have the key commder reasigned to coms all Squad in necesary circuntances.

I prefer version 1 .. for BEST of SL's i believe

Edited by Santini