Sign in to follow this  
EcchiRevenge

Choppers are op(with video proof)

Out of 3 hits in that round, only the first one, which wasn't caught on video, visibly did damage as the enemy chopper was almost hovering(actually having trouble landing).

Bradley crew confirmed that they saw me hit the chopper as I went to rearm after the first video's shot; so it's not a clientside problem. (ping around 50ms)

Something in game mechanics is preventing detonated HEAT round from damaging chopper.

I'm assuming this is because there is some kind of collision-only hitbox for rotors.
and that the rotor "hitbox" blocked the rest of chopper from getting hit by HEAT warhead, but it doesn't take weapon damage, only collision damage, so chopper flies away safely.

Dear Squad devs, how am I supposed to make Halal terrorist chopper-kill montage if 2/3 shots turn out to do zero damage?
These are American weapons; you got no excuse.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

Well...

From the Beta 18 release:

" Helicopter Tail Rotor component currently can only take damage from collisions with the ground, statics, and other vehicles. Projectile damage to tail rotors comes in a future update. "

So dont hit the tail and you are fine. But its apparently a known issue being worked on so no worry.

8 minutes ago, Pluto is a planet said:

Well...

From the Beta 18 release:

" Helicopter Tail Rotor component currently can only take damage from collisions with the ground, statics, and other vehicles. Projectile damage to tail rotors comes in a future update. "

So dont hit the tail and you are fine. But its apparently a known issue being worked on so no worry.

I don't think I hit the tail.

I hit around main rotor area.

So it's likely that main rotor also has that kind of collision-damage-only hitbox; it's just less obvious because it's on top of chopper(and generally people fire from below/behind).

First video:
Tz3zBJ3.png
Impact is too low to be tail rotor at least from what I can see(unfortunately exact moment of impact is hidden by the scope eyepiece when I unzoomed).

Second video:
KHIqWPh.png
This is a very clean engine hit(impact effect intersects the chopper model).  At least to human eyes.

Bulletproof Stalinium main rotor working as intended, comrades. ;)

Edited by EcchiRevenge

I killed a chopper from underneath as it came in to land nearly on top of me in my BRDM. I was firing upward through the floor into the centre mass of the chopper. Killed it in one clip of incendiary from a reducing 100-50m range, it think it was a fresh one.

Can't speak for other munitions but i think BRDM scout car vs chopper is nicely balanced. Admittedly engagement range is always lower than possible range of bradley.

That makes sense since main rotor is on top; so you won't run into that kind of issue even if chopper is flying sideways.

If it's 50 rounds of 14.5mm then it's doing too little damage.

Choppers literally landing on top of enemy should be punished more harshly.

Edited by EcchiRevenge

balance and fun wins again :)

Either helicopter hitboxes are messed up and buggy, or the helicopters are simply too tanky. I agree they need to be more fragile.

59 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Either helicopter hitboxes are messed up and buggy, or the helicopters are simply too tanky. I agree they need to be more fragile.

I think it's a bit of both.

7 hours ago, EcchiRevenge said:

I think it's a bit of both.

I'm thinking that too. I have hit choppers with RPGs and rockets like a tandem multiple times where they would survive the blast. Sometimes the chopper will smoke and other times it will just get hit and keep flying like nothing happened. The only time I have taken out a chopper in one shot was with a tank round or TOW/koronet-like weapons.

I wish that someone with actual knowledge of military choppers can pitch in and explain if a chopper can actually go down from a heat rpg round or not. 

Edited by Chinchilla

All moving vehicles tend to skip damage from AT rockets and even ATGMs, not just choppers. Choppers do it move often though

Here's proof video of recent assassination of Donald Trump by Russian GRU:

Video proof that Berlin has been established by aliens: 

And a video proof that AK is made from hairs of devil:

Edited by paragonid

6 hours ago, Chinchilla said:

I'm thinking that too. I have hit choppers with RPGs and rockets like a tandem multiple times where they would survive the blast. Sometimes the chopper will smoke and other times it will just get hit and keep flying like nothing happened. The only time I have taken out a chopper in one shot was with a tank round or TOW/koronet-like weapons.

I wish that someone with actual knowledge of military choppers can pitch in and explain if a chopper can actually go down from a heat rpg round or not. 

It depends on what helicopter and what round it is. But RPG:s have been used against helicopters with success. 'Black hawk down' is probably the most famous example.