This idea comes from one of my members in the 3rd Special Forces Group squad unit, SGT Knave.

What do you guys think about the potential for an EMP style strike that makes radio comms broken and unreadable for a certain period of time?  Perhaps using the UAV, over a period of maybe 30 seconds to a minute, the UAV can point at a section of the map and anything not on local within maybe 200m becomes garbled.  Disrupting enemy communications is an incredibly useful battlefield tactic used today to prevent the potential for reinforcements, ground and air support, evacuations and more.

What do you guys think?

Sounds effective on a private server with squads who train and stuff, and play the game with actual strategy involved.

On public servers people would be relieved that coms is down for a while...and see it as a gap to go full call of duty.

Bit of a negative impression though but i believe there's truth in it. (talking about my reaction)

5 hours ago, Clayton.Q said:

This idea comes from one of my members in the 3rd Special Forces Group squad unit, SGT Knave.

What do you guys think about the potential for an EMP style strike that makes radio comms broken and unreadable for a certain period of time?  Perhaps using the UAV, over a period of maybe 30 seconds to a minute, the UAV can point at a section of the map and anything not on local within maybe 200m becomes garbled.  Disrupting enemy communications is an incredibly useful battlefield tactic used today to prevent the potential for reinforcements, ground and air support, evacuations and more.

What do you guys think?

Nothing prevents players from using discord, or TS.

So in comptetitive games that´s either going to be useless or a big advantage for players using 3rd party software.

It would probably be more annoying than anything. I can guarantee that it would probably end up causing more problems than what it is worth. When you get down to it it would just make it so you couldn't talk for a minute or so. I don't really think that it would be that much of a detriment to the team that it is being done to. I think it would be much harder for the other team to take advantage of it. There is no good way to implement it. If you make it long enough to disrupt the communications significantly, (5+ mins) it would just end up being a pain. If it is only a minute or two then it would end up being practically useless. Its a little outside of the scope of the game. It would feel out of place.