bosk

I conducted a survey with some of the playerbase and would like to share some findings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7a9_8fRsP4&t=

Hope this provides some insights to you from the current playerbase.

What I found was:

- Majority of the community attracted to Squad through Steam, YouTube and Recommendations from peers - 80% of Player-base satisfied with quality of updates (optimisation, v18 Commander, helicopters)

- 7/10 maintain that it’s a moderate to very difficult game to learn - Barriers Exist to entry for learning

- More should be done to include and retain players - Social element of the game outweighs the conventional rewards other developers use (e.g stat tracking/ cosmetic items)

- Strong sentiment that majority of server rounds include newer players

- Healthy balance between role preferences within Squad.

- Looking forward the observations made that Squad is becoming casual friendly games market can be a factor of a challenging market given similar games exist such as Arma/INS/HLL/PS/PR

- Still expectations around helicopter nerfs + optimisation + faction additions I.e optics + balancing + map additions + instant death

- Some negative sentiment towards current version regarding instant death

12 hours ago, bosk said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7a9_8fRsP4&t=

- Looking forward the observations made that Squad is becoming casual friendly games market can be a factor of a challenging market given similar games exist such as Arma/INS/HLL/PS/PR

Squad had a HUGE advantage over all those games. Had it wanted to become what it promised. 

Much cheaper and more accesible than arma and appealing to a broader audience. Not needing a clan to play propperly and PvP oriented.

Insurgency has always been less ambitious. Strategically way less inferior than what Squad has to offer.

HLL came out later and is really a ww2 game, so they aren´t really competitors.

PS is basically subsidiary of Squad, since I think 90% of buyers bought it because of advertizing related to squad.

PR was never a comptetitor. People were willing to migrate to a better/newer/shinnier version of theur beloved game for a small amount of money. The illusion was there, a NEW PR, new generation graphics and an engine built from zero to make real all those wet dreams PR devs and community always had.

So, I think they just became greedy. Which I´m fine with, I love when people make money. Still, this "greedy" product is the perfect base for things I DO want to see like ONE LIFE EVENTS, and stuff like that.

Vanilla on the other hand, is beyond redemption. It´s playing insurgency with a microphone...

believable stats. good job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias 

Did you take into account the above fact?

"
Majority of the community attracted to Squad through Steam, YouTube and Recommendations from peers "
Why do you think this is?
It's not unreasonable to say that majority of the community used to be attracted to Squad through PR forums.
Where are those people now, and why do you think that is?

Statistics can tell a story, you can even spin your own tale from them, but they don't tell the full story.

Edited by EcchiRevenge