Sign in to follow this  
Gobx

Add Holo sights to oher factions

Can we have an Option to use the Holo scope instead of the red dot. Replace it with the non scoped (or create another weapon selection) for Squad leaders, sappers, etc. It's a widely used and enjoyed scope and I'd rather have it.

For gameplay reasons, no.

Holosights in-game have way too much housing blocking precious fov to be worth it.

Although if the intent is to nerf that particular NATO faction, go ahead. ;)

Edited by EcchiRevenge

On 2/8/2020 at 1:07 AM, Geebus said:

How widely were EOTechs even issued outside of special operations?

I mean, I'm not exactly how wide widley is in your opinion but they just got out of a lawsuit with the military lol. "EOTech has supplied thousands of holographic weapons sights to infantry and special operations units that fought in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as law enforcement agencies and civilian consumers."

Holographic sights such as the 552 and 553 weren't really used too much, and were mainly utilized by special operations units. More conventional units had access to them(552's) in early to mid stages of the war, before the U.S Military dropped the contract with Eotech, and only re-established it for SOCOM use with the 553 sights.

552's were seen a little early to mid war, but it was mainly gunners who utilized them. Rifleman most commonly were seen with CCO's or ACOG's, until the ACOG's started to become the more dominant optic to be used. Some Eotech 552's could still be floating about in some units, but even then, you have a far higher chance of seeing iron sights being use, than a holosight. 

Some Nations do utilize Eotech a bit more compared to others, like Canada, which are already in Squad. But are still overshadowed by Elcan sights.

8 hours ago, Dubs said:

Holographic sights such as the 552 and 553 weren't really used too much, and were mainly utilized by special operations units. More conventional units had access to them(552's) in early to mid stages of the war, before the U.S Military dropped the contract with Eotech, and only re-established it for SOCOM use with the 553 sights.

552's were seen a little early to mid war, but it was mainly gunners who utilized them. Rifleman most commonly were seen with CCO's or ACOG's, until the ACOG's started to become the more dominant optic to be used. Some Eotech 552's could still be floating about in some units, but even then, you have a far higher chance of seeing iron sights being use, than a holosight. 

Some Nations do utilize Eotech a bit more compared to others, like Canada, which are already in Squad. But are still overshadowed by Elcan sights.

That is what I thought. I couldn't remember seeing any pictures of normal infantry units having anything other than Aimpoints and ACOGs. I knew that I had seen some pictures from the invasion but didn't know if these were common issue or maybe a few guys purchasing their own optics. I remember seeing pictures from Marines in Fallujah with Mars sights on their M16s that they used temporarily until RCOs started rolling out  more commonly. Either way, thanks for the info!