Peerun

Nerf scopes, butr actually buff them

Suggestion: Nerf scopes by moving the camera back when aiming down sights, but decrease sway on all weapons
Result: Smaller sight picture for weapons with optics(also more blur outside the scope would be needed, maybe a vignette). Less space taken up on screen, by the weapon model, for weapons without magnified optics - thus way better for cqc.

Image for illustration(90 FOV M4 Acog with increased camera distance from sight)
eQrYWx6.png

but*

My bad. 

Still, would your suggestion simply make both the iron sights and scopes worse? There were several quality of life improvements to make the sights more visible and easier to read in the past, this feels like a step back.

Maybe, but personally I think optics are a little too good in close combat because of how big the sight pictures are. There's nearly no benefit to choosing a non-magnified weapon over a scoped one.
Making the sight picture smaller, but reducing sway(blanket, on all weapons) would make scoped weapons better for medium/long distance (+zoom+accuracy) against non-magnified weapons(-zoom+accuracy) and make cqc options better at short distance(+peripheral vision+accuracy) vs magnified weapons(-peripheral vision+accuracy) <- atleast that's my thought process.

1 hour ago, MultiSquid said:

to make the sights more visible and easier to read

Obviously the actual chevrons and what not would need to be re-sized

Edited by Peerun