SomethingPlayz

High End PC Low GPU and CPU Usage

Hello SQUAD Community!

I have been playing SQUAD for a while and I have over 200 hours played, but I have a big problem. As the title says I have a High-End PC

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (stock)

MOBO: MSI B350 PC MATE

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 2400Mhz

GPU: Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti

No matter what settings I put the game on FPS is around 45 and dropping. CPU and GPU usage is around 30-35%.

I have tried everything:

Updating BIOS

Overlocking

Deleting Cache

Reinstalling Windows 10

Updating drivers

Now that when I am out of ideas I am turning to the community for help and ideas that might fix my problem. I love this game and what to keep playing but it's hard when the FPS is so low.

Dude, while your 1070Ti is no doubt mid-to-high end, your 1600, which usually pairs with 1060 this days, is most definitiely at the low end. Hell presently even 2600X, which was 20% more powerful than 1600X, could be considered mid-to-low end. On top of that, Squad is a game that depends much on per-core performance, so your 1600 just wouldn't cut it. 

Dude, while your 1070Ti is no doubt mid-to-high end, your 1600, which usually pairs with 1060 this days, is most definitiely at the low end. Hell presently even 2600X, which was 20% more powerful than 1600X, could be considered mid-to-low end. On top of that, Squad is a game that depends much on per-core performance, so your 1600 just wouldn't cut it. 

^ what the ef?  No but this game really does have some optimization problems, most likely network related, thats why when you run the game in low populated servers or offline, it runs very well, but the moment you join an 80 person server the performance drops.  I dont know whether this game is cpu or gpu dependent like the guy before me was saying, but i feel it does require alot of loading etc, and having to keep lots of loaded objects in play, most likely the game relies on good cpu and ram

First time you encounter performance problems, you should install MSI Afterburner and check this graphs:
- CPU Temperature

- CPU Frequency

- Per core CPU usage

- GPU Temperature

- GPU Frequency

- GPU usage

- RAM usage

- Pagefile usage

- Per drive (HDD/SSD) usage

That will help to nail down the problem. Squad is very CPU and RAM intensive. Overclock CPU and RAM.

squad isn't optimized, in that sense, it's usage is high on every aspect of the pc. That, combined with an engine originally based around arena style maps with 32 players.... and you'll have the same shit that all the WW2 UE4 games have that try 100 player, 4k textures and big maps. mediocre to good performance.

18 hours ago, Pharanaiton said:

squad isn't optimized, in that sense, it's usage is high on every aspect of the pc. That, combined with an engine originally based around arena style maps with 32 players.... and you'll have the same shit that all the WW2 UE4 games have that try 100 player, 4k textures and big maps. mediocre to good performance.

True, thats why when i check my task manager this game nearly runs at 10 million K memory.  UE4 has never ran flawlessly, unlike UE3 which Red Orchestra 2 ran on, and it was very well optimized