Pharanaiton

Commander in charge of rally

Only the commander can place a rally point. you and your squad need to request a rally from the commander. The rally works with tickets, 9 tickets for each rally.

Edited by Pharanaiton

Interesting, but how is this beneficial? Seems like unnecessary work for the commander to me.

6 minutes ago, DesmoLocke said:

Interesting, but how is this beneficial? Seems like unnecessary work for the commander to me.

This. There are much better ways to change the rally.

1 hour ago, Geebus said:

There are much better ways to change the rally.

Yes.

Like make it NOT PERMANENT.... 

just rally is gone after 1 minute. 5 minute cooling timer for SL to be able to place another one (10 if it was overrun)

29 minutes ago, Nightingale87 said:

Yes.

Like make it NOT PERMANENT.... 

just rally is gone after 1 minute. 5 minute cooling timer for SL to be able to place another one (10 if it was overrun)

What do you think of this? I put together a couple of ideas from people around the forums. One of the biggest problems with the rally wave spawn system is that people don't actually spawn in waves. The developers tried to make it so they stuck together a little more when they spawned but now it just ends up with people trickling in one by one or in maybe pairs. One guy came up with the idea of making it so that you would have a certain amount of people waiting for the spawn before it would start the respawn timer. The other half of the idea takes from the original rally system where there are a limited number of spawns before the rally needs to be refreshed. Instead of counting individual spawns, the rally would have maybe 3 spawn waves before it needs to be replaced.

Here is an example of how it would work:

SL places rally then assaults objective. Squad members start to die and give up. They are told to spawn at the rally. At least five of them must be waiting at the rally in order for the respawn timer to start. This repeats a couple of times. The SL then needs to replace the rally.

Problems with the system:

• It may very well encourage all the inpatient players just to spawn on a FOB instead.
  • No clue as to what the timers should be
  • There needs to be a way for people to spawn at the rally when less than 5 people have died. Maybe after a certain amount of time they will spawn anyway?

2 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

I think the idea is to give the commanders the keys to command rather than be horizontal to other SLs. It's a good idea. The SL has to rely on the commander for spawns, just as the squad members have to rely on the SL for spawns.

but given that FOBs are the baseline spawn points in Squad, any authority would be bypassed by default. So it'd effectively just another rally nerf unless the FOB side of it is dealt with.

i kept the post short because i don't take this idea to seriously myself, it's more of a way to increase the value of a rally, making players respect it more due to the communication required to make it work. It doesn't solve any of the current issues with the rally but i do  see a little balance in it this way. the fob you can build yourself behind enemy lines, and the rally witch can be put way more deep in to enemy territory but... with the "penalty" of having to communicate to place it. If your squad mates know that you can't drop the rally like an easter egg no more, they might respect it!

Edited by Pharanaiton

9 hours ago, Geebus said:

What do you think of this? I put together a couple of ideas from people around the forums. One of the biggest problems with the rally wave spawn system is that people don't actually spawn in waves. The developers tried to make it so they stuck together a little more when they spawned but now it just ends up with people trickling in one by one or in maybe pairs. One guy came up with the idea of making it so that you would have a certain amount of people waiting for the spawn before it would start the respawn timer. The other half of the idea takes from the original rally system where there are a limited number of spawns before the rally needs to be refreshed. Instead of counting individual spawns, the rally would have maybe 3 spawn waves before it needs to be replaced.

Here is an example of how it would work:

SL places rally then assaults objective. Squad members start to die and give up. They are told to spawn at the rally. At least five of them must be waiting at the rally in order for the respawn timer to start. This repeats a couple of times. The SL then needs to replace the rally.

Problems with the system:

• It may very well encourage all the inpatient players just to spawn on a FOB instead.
  • No clue as to what the timers should be
  • There needs to be a way for people to spawn at the rally when less than 5 people have died. Maybe after a certain amount of time they will spawn anyway?

I know what you mean and what you want to achieve. But devs and sope part of the community would never like to wait until 5 people die. Even if they do, gamaplay would become even more arcady as some players would basically make suicide attacks just to die and feel the "quota" needed for the rest to spawn.

My idea is.... Let´s go back to what we already know.

PR and Squad pre v10 Non permanent rallies. We have  A LOT of experience with that and with how they work. Lets work from there and if devs and part of the community want to have a faster and more arcady gameplay, well, reduce timers, overrun radius, cooling time and people needed to drop it. So they can find a sweet spot for arcady gameplay, still...at least...a bit more punishing.

Rally point should be and they are good. Because there is no way to live in Squad without them. It is too easy to kill player and there are a lot of good players (pixel hunters), unbalanced teams and lone wolves. Changes to rally points should be made only with changes in team balancing, reduction of lone wolves and better survivability of newcomers.

Rather than change the rules for how the rally works, how about just get rid of the option to Give Up?  Either your buddy resuscitates you, or you bleed out.  This would limit the ability to keep spamming players from a a rally.  Then maybe, y'know, players would use actual tactics.

All the Ritalin-soaked youngsters would hate it, though.

5 minutes ago, DualFlameBane said:

Rather than change the rules for how the rally works, how about just get rid of the option to Give Up?  Either your buddy resuscitates you, or you bleed out.  This would limit the ability to keep spamming players from a a rally.  Then maybe, y'know, players would use actual tactics.

All the Ritalin-soaked youngsters would hate it, though.

Seems pretty detrimental to me, half of the players looking at a black screen.

for ease sake, both player and developer wise, being mentioned many times, is just a rally with 9 spawns. but perhaps each spawn is reserved to a player so nobody can take your spawn.

You could also completely remove the rally from the game. and force people to play like it is almost a one life event. i woudn't mind :P 

Or with dedicated mechanization to bring you to the frontline. Replace the rally with a APC (player) going from FOB to the place you want to attack. but then tanks must have interior!

" hey commander could you drop down rally"

"dude im busy with uav" 

"commander could you drop down rally??"

"im busy throwing artillery "

"hey commander could you drop down the ****ing rally?"

"No!"

"***********************************" (because he was muted)

"hey commander rally plz" 

"im enjoying the a10 warhog"

"commander could you drop rally"

*drops rally in spawn*