Jump to content
Zylfrax791

Increase Realism.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Some ideas I have to make the game more realistic and tactical.

 

Commander Role needs to be able to demote Squad Leaders and dissolve squads completely.


Implement a pre-configured & pre-named Squad creation slot system instead of allowing users to create offensive and vulgar named squads.

 

Increase the variations of RAAS layers and completely remove the stale and obsolete old school Boomer AAS mode from the game.
 
First seat in any Armor that requires a crewman kit should be the gun to stop soloing.


Increase all Armor & Heli ticket values drastically but completely remove their respawn timers.


Implement an individual 1/2 hour cool down punishment mechanic for losing armor and helis. Gives other players a chance.

 

Return the Rally Point to 9 spawns and make it SL and two squad members in order to create.

 

Completely nerf sprinting and stamina with a 50% reduction.

 

Increase individual momentum velocity after sprinting to 2 seconds of continued forward movement after key release.

 

Implement individual sustenance and hydration requirements for survival. Your loadout will be one MRE and one canteen. Health will begin to degrade after 15 minutes with subsequent death 15 minutes later. Resupplied as build points from any FOB or vehicle. Massive lone wolf reduction.

 

Completely remove ticket counter.

 

Increase conventional built HE mortar lethality and radius by 50%.

 

Completely remove all ticket bleed in RAAS.

 

Bring back complete neutral flag blocking with the standard ratio, ergo the Rush Meta.

 

Completely remove the FOB/HAB proximity disable.

 

Increase user created fortifications damage resistance by 50% and also increase the dig down/away time by 50%.

 

Give Insurgents premade VBIED trucks and cars, anti-personel mines, and a Suicide Vest kit.

 

Add user built artillery howitzer's, mobile howitzer and an MLRS vehicle for conventional forces. Buff Militia and Insurgent rocket technical 50%.

 

Implement MANPADS into the game.

 

Autokick AFK players after 5 minutes. One server I play on already has this script.

 

Make it so unassigned players cannot see the map. Also make it so only an SL can see the actual FOB.

 

Implement the deep riverbeds/lakes/ponds like Basrah and Narva with corresponding pain/death volumes into all the maps with waterways. Add additional bridges to the maps. Any body of water will become lethal and uncrossable by vehicles or players. This would especially effect gameplay on Gorodok and Mutaha.

 

Edited by Zylfrax791
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Implement individual sustenance and hydration requirements for survival. Your loadout will be one MRE and one canteen. Health will begin to degrade after 15 minutes with subsequent death 15 minutes later.

2pox7i.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Implement a pre-configured & pre-named Squad creation slot system instead of allowing users to create offensive and vulgar named squads.

Can’t have any bad words

Edited by Thegreenzzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Thegreenzzz said:

Can’t have any bad words

Snap4_1.jpg

 

Just for the sake of communication and teamwork within the game usage of the military phonetic alphabet is a more realistic and professional than all the crude vulgarity that's typically used. I don't know how anybody could argue against that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If i where OWI, i'd probably want to see the develeopment on squad come to a closure, it's been a tough 5 years for them. All i'm saying is that it seems a bit late for suggestions about runningspeed and such.

We are going to need to wait untill somebody mods it.

 

EDIT: maybe i'm wrong about the closure thing, i hope so!

Edited by Pharanaiton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 9:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Implement individual sustenance and hydration requirements for survival. Your loadout will be one MRE and one canteen. Health will begin to degrade after 15 minutes with subsequent death 15 minutes later. Resupplied as build points from any FOB or vehicle. Massive lone wolf reduction.

 

I doubt soldiers will need to eat something so soon when the battles only last little over an hour to start with. Water, yeah, maybe they would need it, but I fail to see how that would solve any lone wolf tendencies. You should elaborate on how this would benefit gameplay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Commander Role needs to be able to demote Squad Leaders and dissolve squads completely.

Might create more problems than it solves. I've always subscribed to the idea that if you get rid of the squad leader there very well might not be any better alternative around to fill the void. It might have worked a couple years ago when the community was much smaller but not today. People that know how to squad lead and are willing to do it, not to mention good at it, are few and far between it seems at times. Maybe not for infantry squads but for vehicle assets it might work. Helicopter pilots keep crashing? Give 'em a kick. Maybe even the commander can be the person that approves whether a squad can become an armor squad or not.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Implement a pre-configured & pre-named Squad creation slot system instead of allowing users to create offensive and vulgar named squads.

I like the idea of people not naming squads anything other than their purpose. Seems more "professional" than something goofy like most put anymore. Half the time I just go with INF anyway. Maybe base it on squad type? (Infantry, Armor, Logistics, Helicopter, etc)

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Increase the variations of RAAS layers and completely remove the stale and obsolete old school Boomer AAS mode from the game.

Hopefully. I'm getting tired of doing the same thing over and over again. I'm fine with the very occasional AAS but rushing gets to be too tiresome. I'm even getting to the point that I can tell the layout of the maps on RAAS on almost every map. I hate metas in games and push for anything to get rid of them as much as possible. I'm sick of fighting over police station/ammo storage/intersection on mutahar every single match. It just plays out the same every match.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

First seat in any Armor that requires a crewman kit should be the gun to stop soloing.

Seen this a couple of times. Still don't quite understand how this affects soloing armor.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Increase all Armor & Heli ticket values drastically but completely remove their respawn timers.


Implement an individual 1/2 hour cool down punishment mechanic for losing armor and helis. Gives other players a chance.

This might work when paired together. I hate that helicopters are cheap and can be crashed with ease. Though, at least with helicopters, the flight model is so janky that I can understand the cost a bit. They really need to just completely rework the flight model so that when you go to land you don't instantly catapult yourself to 60 knots cause you touched the controls a little. The punishment mechanic would be great for the tanks and other armor. Maybe not 30 minutes but for sure they shouldn't be able just to instantly respawn and pick up the other Abrams. As to their ticket values I would for sure raise the helicopter to 15/20 tickets and maybe 25/30 tickets for the tanks. I don't think they should be raised to their old values though because the quality of the armor crews haven't gotten better, they have only really degraded as more people join. The whole team shouldn't be punished super harsh when idiots crew a vehicle. Let them be punished by other means (removing their approval as an armor squad, waiting to take the other tank).

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Return the Rally Point to 9 spawns and make it SL and two squad members in order to create.

I'd be happy to see something that limits the rally. I hate how they tried to make it so that the squad spawned in waves but that has turned into a trickle in system. It had unintended consequences. I saw a guy make a suggestion once where there would have to be a minimum of 5 or so people waiting for the rally in order to start the spawn countdown. This forces a significant portion of the squad to spawn together and work as a team. With this I'd love to see a a limit on the number like the old system but instead of individual player spawns but maybe 3 or so waves. Then it would have to be refreshed like the old one.

 

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Completely nerf sprinting and stamina with a 50% reduction.

 

Increase individual momentum velocity after sprinting to 2 seconds of continued forward movement after key release.

Agree with the movement speed. I didn't really like it when it was first added but I don't mind the stamina that we are left with. As long as the momentum of the movement feels right that is all I care.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Implement individual sustenance and hydration requirements for survival. Your loadout will be one MRE and one canteen. Health will begin to degrade after 15 minutes with subsequent death 15 minutes later. Resupplied as build points from any FOB or vehicle. Massive lone wolf reduction.

Having a canteen like Post Scriptum might be a nice complement to lower stamina. I don't really like the forced food system to get rid of lone wolves though. Squad leads just need to be a little less forgiving in their punishments. It is their fault. I know that over time I have dropped off on how often I kick people for not following directions or sticking with the squad and I really need to step it up a bit to kick some of these bad habits that are building.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Completely remove ticket counter.

This doesn't make much sense in the context of the game. In the end, no matter how much we want realism, a lot of the fun part of the game is the game parts.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Increase conventional built HE mortar lethality and radius by 50%.

Maybe. Don't have much problem with the way it is now.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Completely remove all ticket bleed in RAAS

Not sure how this would play out. As far as I understand it would make matches longer. I for sure don't want to get rid of the last cap ticket bleed. Some matches really need to end. If the enemy is capping your last flag they the team has really screwed up. It is probably due for a restart.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Completely remove the FOB/HAB proximity disable.

I hate that two guys have the ability to completely turn the tide of a fob battle. Seems kinda goofy. Though I can see why it is there. Some fobs might then take all match to take. I would much rather see an increase of the number of players required to disable to 5 so that a two man fob hunting team can't take on a fob and win. I'd rather it always take a full squad.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Increase user created fortifications damage resistance by 50% and also increase the dig down/away time by 50%.

They for sure need to be a bit more resistant to artillery and plane strikes. A 155mm would for sure damage the heck out of a hesco but I'm not sure that it would completely destroy it like it does in-game. As to the dig time, I think it is fine as is. Usually you don't have to deal with people digging into your fortifications but you for sure have to be annoyed by a arty strike that removes everything down to stakes. Maybe add some damage state?

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Give Insurgents premade VBIED trucks and cars, anti-personel mines, and a Suicide Vest kit.

I think them making the VBIEDs themselves works fine in game. Suicide vest doesn't make much sense without civilians. I do think that anti-personel mines might work though. I'd be hesitant on pressure plate/trip wire activated mines. It seems that they might get more team kills than enemy kills. I'd prefer if they were manually triggered. Smaller IEDs, MON-50s, and claymores. Insurgents get to detonate them from any range with the cell phone  giving them over the conventional forces that have to detonate them from a fixed range considering they are wire detonated.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Add user built artillery howitzer's, mobile howitzer and an MLRS vehicle for conventional forces. Buff Militia and Insurgent rocket technical 50%.

The game and maps are far to small in scale for this to really fit. Mortars are really the best fit for user operated indirect fire.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Implement MANPADS into the game.

I'd rather that manpads stayed out of the game. They just need to make the utility helicopters so they aren't flying tanks. I hope that they don't add attack helicopters but if they did, then manpads might make a little more sense. For now small arms and vehicles are enough to take on the heli threat, they just need to make that BMP actually damage the chopper to an realistic amount so that the deterrent actually makes a difference.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Autokick AFK players after 5 minutes. One server I play on already has this script.

 

Make it so unassigned players cannot see the map. Also make it so only an SL can see the actual FOB.

Honestly surprised that this hasn't already been done. No reason that players should be able to see the players on the map if they are unassigned. All that I can understand is the cap status. Everything else should be hidden to keep em from giving info to the other team. AFKs should be kicked on timer as long as the server owner gets the ability to toggle it on/off plus change the AFK timer. Don't agree with only SLs seeing the fobs. No reason that the rest of the team shouldn't know where things are.

 

On 1/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Implement the deep riverbeds/lakes/ponds like Basrah and Narva with corresponding pain/death volumes into all the maps with waterways. Add additional bridges to the maps. Any body of water will become lethal and uncrossable by vehicles or players. This would especially effect gameplay on Gorodok and Mutaha.

Water shouldn't be some magical thing. Kill where it is deep, do nothing where it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2020 at 11:15 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Some ideas I have to make the game more realistic and tactical.

 

Commander Role needs to be able to demote Squad Leaders and dissolve squads completely.


Implement a pre-configured & pre-named Squad creation slot system instead of allowing users to create offensive and vulgar named squads.

 

Increase the variations of RAAS layers and completely remove the stale and obsolete old school Boomer AAS mode from the game.
 
First seat in any Armor that requires a crewman kit should be the gun to stop soloing.


Increase all Armor & Heli ticket values drastically but completely remove their respawn timers.


Implement an individual 1/2 hour cool down punishment mechanic for losing armor and helis. Gives other players a chance.

 

Return the Rally Point to 9 spawns and make it SL and two squad members in order to create.

 

Completely nerf sprinting and stamina with a 50% reduction.

 

Increase individual momentum velocity after sprinting to 2 seconds of continued forward movement after key release.

 

Implement individual sustenance and hydration requirements for survival. Your loadout will be one MRE and one canteen. Health will begin to degrade after 15 minutes with subsequent death 15 minutes later. Resupplied as build points from any FOB or vehicle. Massive lone wolf reduction.

 

Completely remove ticket counter.

 

Increase conventional built HE mortar lethality and radius by 50%.

 

Completely remove all ticket bleed in RAAS.

 

Bring back complete neutral flag blocking with the standard ratio, ergo the Rush Meta.

 

Completely remove the FOB/HAB proximity disable.

 

Increase user created fortifications damage resistance by 50% and also increase the dig down/away time by 50%.

 

Give Insurgents premade VBIED trucks and cars, anti-personel mines, and a Suicide Vest kit.

 

Add user built artillery howitzer's, mobile howitzer and an MLRS vehicle for conventional forces. Buff Militia and Insurgent rocket technical 50%.

 

Implement MANPADS into the game.

 

Autokick AFK players after 5 minutes. One server I play on already has this script.

 

Make it so unassigned players cannot see the map. Also make it so only an SL can see the actual FOB.

 

Implement the deep riverbeds/lakes/ponds like Basrah and Narva with corresponding pain/death volumes into all the maps with waterways. Add additional bridges to the maps. Any body of water will become lethal and uncrossable by vehicles or players. This would especially effect gameplay on Gorodok and Mutaha.

 

AGREEE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

about that 5 min afk kick i mean that would you get some empty servers and almost most people joins an empty servers that might kill some of the population of the game because there is a think called seeding a server are a think and they keep people joining servers 

Edited by DarrenGaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×