Zagnaniy

Heavy sniper as in the game Project Reality

10 hours ago, nevillefknbartos said:

a marksman and a sniper are very different roles mate. 

Marksmen will almost always deploy with an infantry unit, a sniper unit will always work under the CO.

You should probably google what an L115A3 is before going further in the conversation.

10 hours ago, nevillefknbartos said:

a marksman and a sniper are very different roles mate. 

Marksmen will almost always deploy with an infantry unit, a sniper unit will always work under the CO.

Melbo was more so pointing out that section/squad marksman are sometimes required to pull out more accurate precision rifles, over their regular issued marksman rifle, if the need was there for it. I myself was sometimes required to bring the AW out, instead of my normal issued MWS 308 Marksman rifle. 

Aside from my standard issue marksman rifle(MWS 308) - I was also trained to use both the 7.62x51 and 12.7mm AW Bolt action rifles. When those rifles got replaced two years back, got my hands on the .338 MRAD and Barret M107A1 for weapons training.

You are correct, snipers and marksman function completely different. But both utilize(depending on nation) semi-auto and bolt-action rifles. In saying that, not a fan of bolt-actions being in Squad, and I hope OWI stick to their decision of not adding them.

57 minutes ago, Dubs said:

You are correct, snipers and marksman function completely different. But both utilize(depending on nation) semi-auto and bolt-action rifles. In saying that, not a fan of bolt-actions being in Squad, and I hope OWI stick to their decision of not adding them.

Wasted potential to create alternative approaches/gameplay imo,

could work if we have 50vs50 servers and limit the roles of Spotter/Sniper to certain conditions like a recon vote similar to the cmd vote or give the cmd the power to promote a small squad 2-3 ppl to get access to these roles. Solo Squads and Squad with more then 3 ppl are excluded to emphasize the task of playing passive in 2nd row and not at the front. Gather Information, Communicate hostile position /movent and use the long-range capabilities to deny certain actions like shooting a TOW/Kornet, repairing a vehicle and cover your vehicles from LAT's / HAT's.

It would be a fresh breeze to play something different from the current rush /non-stop-in-action meta, this type of gameplay is getting stale and boring tbh.

I'd rather they remove the sniper kit from Project Reality instead of adding it to squad.