ammaihuman

Aiming sucks in this game

Hi all,

Ive been playing this game for quite a while now and I have to admit that the aiming absolutely sucks ass. Its so jittery like is skips a few pixels at a time which makes aiming at a target int he distance super difficult. This isnt anything to do with breahting, its purely to do with moving the mouse to get a target on sight. Its the only game ive ever played that feels this way.

Any others find this?

Squad could definitely use a second pass on that 'first iteration' of mouse scale zoom that's for sure. I don't think there's a way to set up mouse sens where it isn't either way too high with scopes or super inconsistent between different scopes.

Doesn't feel like that to me, and I am very sensitive to stuff like that in games. But one thing I did notice that drives me insane is when I play this game on a work computer (which has lower specs than my home PC), there is def a delay when I gun a tank.

Do you find the same effect when prone or when you deploy the bipod? 

1 hour ago, ammaihuman said:

Hi all,

Ive been playing this game for quite a while now and I have to admit that the aiming absolutely sucks ass. Its so jittery like is skips a few pixels at a time which makes aiming at a target int he distance super difficult. This isnt anything to do with breahting, its purely to do with moving the mouse to get a target on sight. Its the only game ive ever played that feels this way.

Any others find this?

Maybe before your time but in v9 the M4 was like a precision laser rifle. v10 turned all classes into drunken sailors with excessive sway and now it's somewhere in between as far as I can tell.

Feels fine to me, it did have a thing when using a AR with the bipod when it was a bit weird but that seems to be fixed now 

About that I have a question.

For example, if you aim quickly from left to right. Your visor is not in the middle yet but your opponent is where your visor would be if you would wait another second. Do you hit the pointer or wherever the gun barrel is pointing?

Spoiler

agpRDig.png

Where would you hit if you fired at that moment? If you still hit the pointer, it wouldn't make sense.

22 hours ago, Chinchilla said:

Doesn't feel like that to me, and I am very sensitive to stuff like that in games. But one thing I did notice that drives me insane is when I play this game on a work computer (which has lower specs than my home PC), there is def a delay when I gun a tank.

Do you find the same effect when prone or when you deploy the bipod? 

Same for me no matter what stance, like i said, its like the aim point skips a few pixels when you move the mouse just a tad. So annoying.

21 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Maybe before your time but in v9 the M4 was like a precision laser rifle. v10 turned all classes into drunken sailors with excessive sway and now it's somewhere in between as far as I can tell.

Thing is its not the sway that does it. Its like its the actual mouse movement but I know its not my mouse settings as it does this regardless of the DPI or whatever and its the only game it happens in. Ill need to try and record it some time.

10 hours ago, Phoenixstorm said:

About that I have a question.

For example, if you aim quickly from left to right. Your visor is not in the middle yet but your opponent is where your visor would be if you would wait another second. Do you hit the pointer or wherever the gun barrel is pointing?

Hide contents

agpRDig.png

Where would you hit if you fired at that moment? If you still hit the pointer, it wouldn't make sense.

Its not even that, its the most little of movements. Its just not smooth at all, its almost like if you were to watch a video at very low FPS and the character would move across the screen in a jittery type motion. Hard to explain and ill try to capture it on video. Ive seen other people complain about it when Squad first appeared and the devs admitted it was an issue on Reddit a long time ago.

5 hours ago, ammaihuman said:

Its not even that, its the most little of movements. Its just not smooth at all, its almost like if you were to watch a video at very low FPS and the character would move across the screen in a jittery type motion. Hard to explain and ill try to capture it on video. Ive seen other people complain about it when Squad first appeared and the devs admitted it was an issue on Reddit a long time ago.

Ye, sounds like there's something sketchy going on with your game then. If you're running good hardware then the gameplay should feel pretty smooth. 

I think there is some incompatability With your hardware / software and the game. I don't notice any pixel jump although my in game sensitivity is set to 0.1 and my mouse dpi is set very high. Could you try with a super low sensitivity in the game settings and see if it still happens?

6 hours ago, Psyrus said:

I think there is some incompatability With your hardware / software and the game. I don't notice any pixel jump although my in game sensitivity is set to 0.1 and my mouse dpi is set very high. Could you try with a super low sensitivity in the game settings and see if it still happens?

I'll try that actually, not one ive thought about trying by lowering the in-game sensitivity. Thanks 

My hardware isnt an issue, im running almost top spec everything.

2 hours ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

/hid 2 posts

We really don't need any "you're bad at this or that" throwing around in this forum.

Not sure what the hidden posts were. Im not bad at aiming if thats what they said haha. I play shooters every day and have no issues on any other game. Just Squad... I love this game but the aiming spoils it for me.... I will give the mouse setting and in game setting thing a go and see if I can improve it.

7 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Done what you said and it actually helped a little to be fair, its still a little jittery as ive described but not as bad. I tried the training mission just to test with different weapons and sniper is perfect, any other weapon has the jittery kind of aiming ive spoken about. Still, better than it was works for me :) Thanks again. I never thought about lowering the in game mouse setting right down.