flappie

vehicle tickets :D

how about we make a tank cost 40-50 tickets

so we have a reason to yell at people for wasting assets and hopefully having more experienced crew take the vics instead of some new guy who treats this game like counter strike

blame OWI, they reduced vehicle ticket cost, so what do you expect?

even commander was fine with 5 ticket cost, now it's 2 only...

8 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

even commander was fine with 5 ticket cost, now it's 2 only...

Lol... I didn´t know that. I am more and more convinced that vanilla squad is not an hybrid anymore, but just a casual fps with low hp.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, flappie said:

how about we make a tank cost 40-50 tickets

so we have a reason to yell at people for wasting assets and hopefully having more experienced crew take the vics instead of some new guy who treats this game like counter strike

Increasing vehicle ticket cost won't accomplish your stated goal though. I've seen a couple of squeaker noobs have their MBT survive an entire match just by sheer dumb luck and then on the other hand the next match a couple of supposedly "experienced" clan blowhards burn through a tank, multiple other vehicles during the respawn timer and then claim the tank again only to just quickly lose it a second time.

Further reason to punish people by making them unable to claim vehicles again for a long time plus shame them by making the scoreboard show how many tickets they lost your team.

Furthermore, make the scoreboard stats persistent as well, ergo even showing statistics for people who lose tons of vehicles and then quietly just scuttle off into anonymity by rage quitting before the round is over.

Edited by Zylfrax791

Consider also that the team loses the asset for the time it takes to respawn. There's still plenty of reason to flame the Rambo-tankers, even if the ticket impact is reduced. There's a balance to be achieved between vehicle and infantry ticket loss, and their respective opportunity costs due to respawn timers. 

The problem isn't that the tickets are too low. I'd love if there was more harsh consequences for losing a tank but with the popularity of the game now and the quality of the playerbase that comes with the popularity, the tickets would just get wasted even quicker. Vehicle crews are terrible nowadays. It isn't like half the people who claim the tanks anymore even know what the ticket costs are currently and I sure as hell don't think that it would influence their decisions.

Even now the punishment for losing the tank isn't really the ticket cost. It is the cool down for it.