budder8818

Can you Pickup a Grenade on the Ground?

Should Players have the Ability to Pick Up Armed Grenades Off Ground with Ability to Throw Them Back?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Players have the Ability to Pick Up Armed Grenades Off the Ground with the Ability to Throw Them Back?

• Yes
    • No

I find myself in situations where a grenade lands next to me and I have the insight to hear it land or see it land before it explodes. Is there a way I can pickup that grenade and throw it back? I did a quick search of the forum and I couldn't find anything in history. Given Squad's attention to detail around infantry game-play, I find it puzzling that picking up an enemy or friendly grenade and tossing it back before the cook off is outside the scope of the infantry game-play. 

I think that maybe one day it could be a thing but atm there’s a million other things that need doing first! 

Would be neat but definitely not a priority. Anyway the best grenade users lob em high/far enough to detonate on first bounce :P 

I'd love it -- it has the potential for so many intense moments -- but yeah, probably not going to be a priority for a while, if it were to happen. =) It is a fun as hell idea though!

Because of the way Squad handles latency if you hear a grenade land next to you and it explodes about 1-1.5 second later, you were dead when you heard it land. The server already registers you have been killed by the time the information of a grenade landing has reached your client and the corresponding sound is played. There is no way you could possibly throw the grenade back as everything you see is delayed (and taking human reaction time into consideration as well). It's the same reason why trade kills occur, everything you see client side has already happened and you literally reacting to past events.

The devs could increase the time for grenades to explode, but that would bring more problems than it solves, the grenades would seem to take way too long to explode thanks to the delay (the information going from client to server and back). Other than that, catching the grenade in flight towards you is a possible solution that would give you a split second advantage, but it's highly unlikely to be used and thus a waste of time to implement.

In conclusion - I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I wouldn't mind the ability. It would be just like the knife. You almost never use it but every once in a while you get to use it and feel cool about it. Most of the time the grenade would just go off a second after it gets to its destination anyway. You really only notice the grenade when it is too late most of the time anyway.

As long as it doesn't show a radial type of marker to indicate where the grenade landed and as long as there isn't a PRESS F KEY TO PICK UP things i'm fine with throwing grenades back.

edit: Fine... i'll just turn off in game help in the options menu.

Edited by Pharanaiton

I think it's even more useful when some guy whiffs and throws it at a wall and it lands back at you...at least you have a chance to throw it back. 

3 hours ago, budder8818 said:

I think it's even more useful when some guy whiffs and throws it at a wall and it lands back at you...at least you have a chance to throw it back. 

Good call!