Andyq

too many hackers ruining this game

been playing this game and pr too long now and its ruined along with pr for too many hackers ruining gameplay

*** redacted  multiple lines by @invisible.nin/SINE***

these lowlifes are killing this type of gaming and its just not fair on all of the honest players who have paid a small fortune and try there best to compete in a completely one sided battle

i invested in this game many years ago when it first sought funding and since then its sold shedloads and millions of dollers into offworlds account

my question to developers

how much effort are you putting into stopping this?

will you ever be able to prevent it?

don't think ill be playing this for a while. seriously what is the point?

can i have my money back?

Edited by invisible.nin/SINE
removed cheat selling links

I have redacted your post to remove your links.

Please do NOT EVER post a link to cheating websites.

20 minutes ago, Andyq said:

how much effort are you putting into stopping this?

will you ever be able to prevent it?

There is no known currently working hack as Easy Anti Cheat is being used.

I personally just checked a few of your links and not only do they say "discontinued", but it can be hardly believed anything of it is trustworthy.

I would recommend to ask the active community leads for their experience, they are running the servers and can tell you more about real experiences with the topic.

5 hours ago, Andyq said:

the honest players who have paid a small fortune

$40... Small fortune... Drama queen much?

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

It maybe hard for you to believe but some people spend money on their PC to play a game.

There is a shit ton of cheaters in this game, im sure of it. Just got to Youtube and type "Squad hacks." There is def a problem and I have never seen any game that could actually stop ppl from cheating. 

Its hard to tell who's hacking too when anyone is capable of instantly dropping someone 200m and in at will

I’ve got over 3500 hours in squad, I’ve not seen hacker that I know of for a few years! 

Squad is definitely not a small fortune 

Just GET ON AND GET GUD 

46 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

I’ve got over 3500 hours in squad, I’ve not seen hacker that I know of for a few years! 

Squad is definitely not a small fortune 

Just GET ON AND GET GUD 

Since u never seen one that means they dont exist. ohh ok, im glad we cleared that up.

There's like one video in the last 6 months. I think you're being a bit dramatic.

6 hours ago, Melbo said:

There's like one video in the last 6 months. I think you're being a bit dramatic.

why u gotta lie like dat?

Edited by Melbo
Removed link to video

5 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Hold on... @Chinchilla & @Andyq are you one of the same? Smells like it.

I do remember we'd some Infestation of Scumbags at the beginning,not saying we haven't because they're a Clever Slimy bastardos.

I think the mystery is solved thanks to Sherlock over here. U found my alt acct, which i made 5 years ago just in case I needed to backup my accusations.  I'm such an idiot... I knew i should have used my 10-year old acct instead so that u wouldn't suspect me.

1 hour ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Hold on... @Chinchilla & @Andyq are you one of the same? Smells like it.

I do remember we'd some Infestation of Scumbags at the beginning,not saying we haven't because they're a Clever Slimy bastardos.

sorry mate but nope

13 hours ago, Psyrus said:

ok not really a fortune, but still paid for not only by me but by quite a lot of gamers who want to but can't compete on a level playing field!

one issue i'm getting at is the fact that offworld have had millions of $ in revenue from sales and can't prevent lowlife slugs from cheating!

anyone know how many copies of this game have been sold? and what revenue has that been for offworld?

Just now, Andyq said:

ok not really a fortune, but still paid for not only by me but by quite a lot of gamers who want to but can't compete on a level playing field!

one issue i'm getting at is the fact that offworld have had millions of $ in revenue from sales and can't prevent lowlife slugs from cheating!

anyone know how many copies of this game have been sold? and what revenue has that been for offworld?

You're barking up the wrong tree. Go complain to EAC. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/

EAC which is owned by Epic Games provides the anti-cheat service and they're in a continuous non-stop battle every single day against these people not just with Squad but many other games.

Do you really think all this is something new? Are you really that naive? How come an old cruster Boomer like myself thats been playing these games since 1998 can understand these simple concepts that seem to confuse you?

4 hours ago, Chinchilla said:

why u gotta lie like dat?

Congrats. You posted the one video that is under 6 months old. One which also doesn't even seem to work any more.

I've seen very few cases of cheating lately. I suspect this is just a case of getting killed in game and then the hackusations come out.

Seriously, if you want to catch hackers, just start recording your matches. Otherwise there really isn't anything the devs can do now is there?

55 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Seriously, if you want to catch hackers, just start recording your matches. Otherwise there really isn't anything the devs can do now is there?

Guan what the heck is wrong with you buddy? Why can't you simply understand OP's logic? I mean after Sweeney and Newell get their cut plus Trump and Trudeau's taxes the devs still have extra millions lying around, "shedloads" in fact. They need to be paying EAC way more extra to get a handle on these egregious hackers, that's totally obvious to me. I mean even if comes down to it and the devs need to all sell their Ferrari's down at Carmax tomorrow to stop these out of control hackers then so be it. Something must happen immediately if not sooner. Sacrifices must be made.

After quite a lot of hours in squad i would say that the problem with cheaters are not that big. In most game its very obvious when people are cheating but i havent got that feeling in squad. Squad is also much less rewarding for cheaters since noone is going to care about your score so there is very little to gain from cheating.

I dont doubt that there are players cheating, but i cannot say it have affected my gameplay experience in any way.

9 minutes ago, Pluto is a planet said:

After quite a lot of hours in squad i would say that the problem with cheaters are not that big. In most game its very obvious when people are cheating but i havent got that feeling in squad. Squad is also much less rewarding for cheaters since noone is going to care about your score so there is very little to gain from cheating.

I dont doubt that there are players cheating, but i cannot say it have affected my gameplay experience in any way.

The only imposible to prevent kind of cheating is people who switch teams and report enemy position of habs and nme. Or even people who are online using discord with somebody on the other team.

There are some matches in which you just can´t believe how "LUCKY" the enemy is at finding habs at the most bizarre places. And its funny because they find 3 or four consecutively in the same round. Then some other rounds...its all normal.

8 hours ago, Andyq said:

Sorry if I was a bit harsh with my previous comment, but the entitled indignation of the original post set me off a bit. This point here is worth answering.

Due to the way computers work with memory, graphics apis and whatnot, there will be a never-ending stream of new ways to exploit an engine or game that the devs or anti-cheat developers have to stamp out. It's just not possible to say "impossible to cheat on" unless you control the operating system layer as well, at which point I'm guessing some smart person will put it on a virtual box and still be able to read memory to work out a way to at least do ESP-esque cheats. Basically if the offword team sold an OS that would only run squad and nothing else, and you had to boot into it, then maaaybe it would be harder to have cheats run in the game.. but let me guess, you don't want to have to restart your computer every time you want to play squad ^_^

It's a game of cat and mouse, luckily when cheat developers are dumb enough to publicize their work on places like youtube and advertise them... it's easy enough for the anti cheat teams to buy/download the cheat, reverse engineer and patch those holes. But then the next hole is found. 

I pose the question to you... how is it 2020 and yet Microsoft with all their billions can't stop people from pirating their OS? Because some things are simply not feasible if you want ease-of-use for the consumer. 

There's cheaters in every online multiplayer game - There's not one single permanent solution to completely stamp out cheaters. @Psyrus explains it perfectly. It's a constant game of cat & mouse. All that can be done, is to reduce the amount of cheating by getting on top of new cheat builds being released. 

Squad doesn't really have a large amount of cheaters, those days passed 3ish years ago where there was a mass influx of cheats from multiple sources - But EAC stamped that out pretty quick. In the past 3 months, I've only banned four accounts for cheating on the server I admin. Two of the accounts were the same person;  So a total of 3 cheaters.  Not too long after, EAC had also slammed their steam accounts with bans - So it's definitely doing its job.

Squad is a game where you can get shot from multiple angles, and at times it's like ghosts shot you - Especially when there's really good players who know the maps, and have great shooting ability. All in all, Squad is relatively 3rd party cheat free. People ghosting is a completely different story, but that's up to server admins to try squish those players.

The biggest cheaters i currently hate is admins using the admincam to check on enemy positions, and that's up to the server owners to deal with..