Sign in to follow this  
spandex

Mic not working?

I have just got squad, completed the training and tried to get in to a game but my mic in not working.

My mic as the only enabled recording device in Windows. Under security and privacy I have squad in the desktop apps and it even tells me that I am currently using it. 

In steam I have tested it and I can hear myself in my headphones. On the servers when I get in to a game I am greyed out with a skull (new so maybe I should be) but there is no little speaker icon and no one can here me. I have been trying for a long time now, frustrating!

Thanks

On 12/28/2019 at 9:37 AM, spandex said:

I have just got squad, completed the training and tried to get in to a game but my mic in not working.

My mic as the only enabled recording device in Windows. Under security and privacy I have squad in the desktop apps and it even tells me that I am currently using it. 

In steam I have tested it and I can hear myself in my headphones. On the servers when I get in to a game I am greyed out with a skull (new so maybe I should be) but there is no little speaker icon and no one can here me. I have been trying for a long time now, frustrating!

Thanks

- Does the Speaker Icon light up when you hit the local or squad voice command button? Are you sure you're using the right one? I.E. if you're dead and use the local comm, no one will hear you. 

- Do you have push to talk enabled in the game, in steam or another software that controls it? If so try disabling it. 

- What headset and microphone do you have and does it work in other games? 

-  Open Squad and minimize via alt tab, If you right click the speaker icon in Windows tray, Go to open sound settings, click "App volume and device preferences" does the input list your microphone? Can you change to it if not and restart. 

These are some of the things i would look into. I have had the same problem with other games on steam (Insurgency Sandstorm) and after playing around with the settings in windows it started working. 

Here is a few other things to look into: 

https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/221596087-Troubleshooting-Audio-Issues

Hope this helps

Make sure you allow your microphone in antivirus settings if you have it