lurky

Constant Crashing

Hey guys,

I've recently come back to Squad after a few months away (last played in V16), and every time I try to play, it will always crash to desktop after a few minutes. It's happened at various points while playing: when running, when shooting and when flying. The game will freeze for a couple of seconds and then crash. I can't get any more than ten minutes out of the game...

CPU: i7-8700 @ 3.2Ghz

GPU: GTX 1080ti w/ 11GB VRAM

RAM: 16GB

I've done all the usual troubleshooting stuff: uninstalled mods, verified game files, checked drivers, deleted cache and reinstalled the game. Still no success.

Is it something to do with V17? When I last played it all worked fine.

I used to play at 1440p with high settings and no supersampling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, now i'm back home for Christmas i'd really like to play Squad!

3 hours ago, oTec said:

Recently done any windows updates?

Yeah I think there was one a few days ago. Hmm, I could try rolling the OS back to an earlier date...

Edit: Turns out there was no update... So no, I haven't

Edited by lurky

One thing I forgot to do was reset MSI Afterburner (I got rid of it entirely, just to make sure), and so far so good. Will continue to test and report back!

1 hour ago, lurky said:

One thing I forgot to do was reset MSI Afterburner (I got rid of it entirely, just to make sure), and so far so good. Will continue to test and report back!

Alright, could have been the problem.