Sign in to follow this  
Jibroni Gibironi

The Insurgency Force

Is the most useless force in the game thus far. Just a bunch of turban wearing hillbillies with nothing but tin cans for assault vehicles against artillery, war planes, tanks, etc. They don't even belong in the game, totally out of place. If they just have to stay in the game, then they could at least make them interesting and fight like real insurgents. Can we use caves and tunnels? Can we at least get some scopes on those rifles to make them more useful in ranged combat? How hard is it for an insurgency to find a scope for petes sake? 

You're either delusional or playing a totally different game than I have for over 3 years and 5000 hours.

INS is well balanced against all faction matchups and totally has distinct advantage over the British on Basrah and Kamdesh.

Won plenty of games as the insurgents. Yes they're outmatched in any even battle, but their playstyle is completely different, this makes up for it.

Well yesterday i had a REALLY close game of INS vs brits on mutaha invasion... it lasted 1 hour and 50 minutes and they held their ground even when being bombed by arty and ran down by A-10's, not to mention the 2000 iq squad leaders on both sides. ''Outmatched'' lol

your post is irrelevant 

Edited by flappie

3 hours ago, Jibroni Gibironi said:

Just a bunch of turban wearing hillbillies .....then they could at least make them interesting and fight like real insurgents. 

You pretty much answered your own question.

Nothing wrong with insurgents, you either don't know how to play the game or had stacked teams.

I enjoy Insurgent gameplay 

Brits is my least favourite for vics by a long way. I currently tend toward the Bulldog just to waste all the enemy ammo. I would much rather a tin can techie simply because of mobility.

On 12/16/2019 at 2:45 PM, Jibroni Gibironi said:

Is the most useless force in the game thus far. Just a bunch of turban wearing hillbillies with nothing but tin cans for assault vehicles against artillery, war planes, tanks, etc. They don't even belong in the game, totally out of place. If they just have to stay in the game, then they could at least make them interesting and fight like real insurgents. Can we use caves and tunnels? Can we at least get some scopes on those rifles to make them more useful in ranged combat? How hard is it for an insurgency to find a scope for petes sake? 

They're missing mechanics from PR that made them actually function differently like VBIEDS and civilians. As it is now, you play insurgents as though you got stuck with an optic-less kit on Blufor.

Like most people have said, the problem isn't that they are underpowered but that they are played wrong. If you play thinking that you can use them just like the conventional forces then you are bound to get stomped. Play to their strengths. Maybe a few layers could be balanced out a bit in terms of vehicles but seeing that Al Bahsrah and Mutaha layers are the most common they seem to work really well. Urban maps are the best for insurgents. There their double habs can really grind down those enemy tickets.

One of the big problems that everyone points to is the lack of optics for the insurgent rifles. Just giving the insurgents all sorts of optics because "it would be more balanced' seems really cheap. It would just wouldn't feel authentic. Even the Russians don't have that many optics in service. I'd hate to see the game go down the route of "balance for game reasons". Just my two cents, but I don't see having an optic make much of a difference in whether my team wins or loses. Seems like coordination is really all that matters.

Fighting without optics is also not that big of an issue. It just requires you to be a bit more patient and use your binos and also to try to get close enough to negate the advantage of having optics. in CQB optics are more of a burden so you have to use that if you have iron sights. Even at for ex Kohat there is no problem to fight with iron sights, in combination with binos you can still kill people 2-300m out and if you are a bit clever and use the terrain to conceal yourself you can kill an enemy with a scope long before he finds you. But its the same with all weapons, find their strengths and use them. And an AK or FAL with iron sights will beat an M4 with ACOG at close ranges so then you make sure you can get close enough before the fight starts.

They're insurgents, most of the time they will be lacking in technology aspects and have disadvantages against national armies.