Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Commander your cost upate

Could we get a running total reminder for the commander of  their cost to the team. Had a commander that died 13 times 65 tkts. Think would be good to have a gui reminder on their screen.

Dont believe a commander would as an intentional destroy his team chances.

Just a thought.

I agree. I pulled our Commander up the other day after running directly into the front line and dying 5 times in a row, he had no idea it was costing us 5 tickets a pop.

Why stop at just the Commander's ticket costs for the team? Most of the statistics displayed at the end of the match are completely trivial and meaningless anyway within the context of whether an individual player was an asset or a liability to the team.

I'd personally like to see a complete overhaul of the end of action report that removes K/D, points etc. and replaces it with a simplified system that shows how many tickets you were responsible for during the match; negative or positive plus still retain medic revives.

As it stands now ticket wasters are mostly shielded from exposure for their inefficiencies and players that did real work during the match don't get the recognition they deserve beyond their K/D.

For example, this is especially apparent for a locked two man squad that rolls a BTR82 the entire match and never loses it, kills 35 enemy, downs another 27 and destroys countless MATV's, Logistics Trucks and finishes off the occasional Bradley none of which show as tickets taken.

This is ridiculous to rewards slackers and griefers and don't give credit where credit is due. So duderino goes 15/10 and you think "oh that's not so bad" but upon further examination you investigate and see that along with those 10 deaths was a corresponding high ticket value vehicle asset loss as well. Plus then the dumbo builds a mortar right next to the back FOB and gets shot off it and essentially loses the 10 tickets for the FOB too.

Wasnt meaning end of the round. It's just a reminder for the commander. End screen that's a different conversation. But can understand where your coming from.

33 minutes ago, Smee said:

Wasnt meaning end of the round. It's just a reminder for the commander. End screen that's a different conversation. But can understand where your coming from.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from but considering there are knuckleheads frittering away your teams tickets without a care in world maybe an onscreen UI widget of gains/losses for everyone wouldn't be such a bad idea either. Plus displayed in the tab scoreboard as well.

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Why stop at just the Commander's ticket costs for the team? Most of the statistics displayed at the end of the match are completely trivial and meaningless anyway within the context of whether an individual player was an asset or a liability to the team.

actually Zylfrax, i think this is a good idea, if not aligning exactly with Smees' - but both together ...

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I'd personally like to see a complete overhaul of the end of action report that removes K/D, points etc. and replaces it with a simplified system that shows how many tickets you were responsible for during the match; negative or positive plus still retain medic revives.

Smee: an on-screen counter sounds like a great idea.