Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dauqs

Logi trucks, tires, and lone wolves.

Recommended Posts

Anyone else feel this is a big problem? Slows down the game, one person can kill your teams chance of winning. So many trucks that can't be used for the whole game because they are derelict in middle of nowhere with blown out tires and no combat engineer is going to fix them. You get some squad that wants to set up a fob behind enemy lines and loses all your trucks trying to do so. Gets to the point you team has 1 or even 0 trucks to use. I have a few solutions to consider.

1) Logi should be equipped with a set of spare tires anyone can change. ("Change tire" in radial menu?)

2) Bulletproof glass so the driver isn't vulnerable to small arms fire?

3) Trucks with destroyed tires should have a "self-destruct" timer?

4) Bring back the small vehicle repair station logi's could drop in Project Reality, but it's only good for replacing tires?

 

We can go back and fourth on a few arguments here.

Argument: Logi drivers should be more careful and not drive into hostile territory!

Response: Everywhere is hostile territory and there could be (and usually is) a loan wolf meandering about hoping for a cheap kill anywhere.

 

Argument: Just switch to combat engineer and go fix it?

Response: Chances are someone already has that kit and is not willing to help, even when you can get it you will get no help and just die trying to get to the truck yourself.

 

Argument: Just go blow it up yourself.

Response: Even if you can get your hands on a weapon capable of doing so, and can get close enough, you're costing your team tickets and it just doesn't seem fair.

 

Argument: Its realistic! Its a strategy!

Response: This is a video game. If you wanna be that way lets remove respawning. You die and you gotta wait till the next map or change servers. You got shot? No quick patch job you gotta go sit in a virtual hospital for a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crewman kit should be always available from the vehicle, even if it has no ammo left.

For purists, giving no weapon ammo and useless smoke is absolutely fine, no one asks for it

b17 release developer notes had planned changes described to the current state of your problem though

Edited by paragonid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know you can pick up a crewman kit from any truck and repair it yourself, right? Not needing a Combat Engineer!

 

Besides, losing assets is part of the game. That includes reckless driving. Intentionally feeding assets to the enemy team is however not part of the game.

 

The developers have mitigated some of the problem by assigning squad numbers to the claimed vehicle. This helps identify squad leaders, or squad members repeatedly leaving assets in the field.

 

95% of the time, this issue can easily be solved by requesting the responsible squad to retrieve those assets or risk being kick from the server for leaving the assets and hampering the team’s mobility on the map.

 

If you read the latest patch notes “future features coming to squad” you will find that squad will introduce “self-destruct mechanic” for all vehicles.

 

At the end of the day, take care of your assets and they will take care of you. Repair your vehicle when needed, always check bridges for mines, learn how to play safe and aggressive, when stationary do so in cover, learn the map, stay out of villages.

 

Ignore those aspects of the vehicle gameplay and you will quickly find yourself with no vehicles at all ;). Simple!

 

 

Edited by BatSithCrazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, paragonid said:

Crewman kit should be always available from the vehicle, even if it has no ammo left.

For purists, giving no weapon ammo and useless smoke is absolutely fine, no one asks for it

b17 release developer notes had planned changes described to the current state of your problem though

This,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your entire post is irrelevant, crewman kits can fix logis.

 

I've done it countless times where I walk in, grab a crewman kit off a truck,fix truck, drive back to base.

 

Secondly, don't abandon your logis in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Comm@ndo said:

Your entire post is irrelevant, crewman kits can fix logis.

 

I've done it countless times where I walk in, grab a crewman kit off a truck,fix truck, drive back to base.

 

Secondly, don't abandon your logis in the first place?

This...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BatSithCrazy. said:

You know you can pick up a crewman kit from any truck and repair it yourself, right? 

Wrong. You can't pick a crewman kit from a truck without ammo inside it. Unfortunately, I've seen too many people resupplying from any vehicle including 50 ammo caring tanks, cause lol who cares.
 

12 hours ago, BatSithCrazy. said:

Besides, losing assets is part of the game. That includes reckless driving. Intentionally feeding assets to the enemy team is however not part of the game.

What do you even mean by "part of the game"? In a way that "it never happens"? Well wrong I can show you how I intentionally feed assets whenever you want, any doubts?
 

12 hours ago, BatSithCrazy. said:

The developers have mitigated some of the problem by assigning squad numbers to the claimed vehicle. This helps identify squad leaders, or squad members repeatedly leaving assets in the field.

 

95% of the time, this issue can easily be solved by requesting the responsible squad to retrieve those assets or risk being kick from the server for leaving the assets and hampering the team’s mobility on the map.

Besides BS stats 95% of the time which you took out of nowhere and obviously wrong, this is about involving subjective admin opinion in the case. If you don't understand, how basing game mechanics on such things is bad, then it's actually not worth to continue discussing it.
Just because I claimed the vehicle as SL and somebody drove it somewhere I didn't ask him to, doesn't prevent vehicles being abandoned anyway. 1 man squad can do it anytime.

I mostly came to come here to say that all people quoting something and typing "this" are worst types of timewasting timewasters. Great, no insults given

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine dumping vehicles in the middle of no where without any protection and then complaining on the forums when someone disables them.

 

This game has gone to the dogs. The new player base wants there to be no consequences for tactically ridiculous decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, paragonid said:

I mostly came to come here to say that all people quoting something and typing "this" are worst types of timewasting timewasters. Great, no insults given

This...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 1:39 AM, Vewt said:

Imagine dumping vehicles in the middle of no where without any protection and then complaining on the forums when someone disables them.

 

This game has gone to the dogs. The new player base wants there to be no consequences for tactically ridiculous decisions.

Completely agreed. It's very frustrating when you hear a post like this; don't commanders have the ability to spawn a truck now anyways for tickets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×