Hey guys,

I think I might have a rather important suggetion here: Air breaks on jets.

This could make dogfights much more interesting and it might make for example bombing a bit easier because you can regulate your speed better.

I personally think this is a VERY important thing missing in PR currently and I think this would be AWSOME to see in both games.

Nice idea, I would love it. But liek... we are thinking WAY ahead of hour heads here cus we do not know how the jet handling is going to be, like for example we are assuming there wont be air break.

Nice idea, I would love it. But liek... we are thinking WAY ahead of hour heads here cus we do not know how the jet handling is going to be, like for example we are assuming there wont be air break.

True, but better to be safe than sorry. (if that makes any sense)

also assuming that there will be jets, devs are still undecided on this.

Air brake are called spoiler on an aircraft at least for commercial aircraft

That's incorrect. Air brakes and spoilers have different purposes. The spoilers on commercial aircraft work by changing the wing shape, and reducing the amount of lift produced (they also act as air brakes in the process). Conventional air brakes on the other hand are used to slow the aircraft down by increasing aerodynamic drag (and are usually not placed on the wings, so they don't alter the lift by a significant amount). Stuff like this for example.

But yeah, jets are a long way out, and if they ever get implemented I'd expect them to be done properly anyway. :)

Spoilers on commercial aircraft are uses for high roll rates but mainly for decelerating the aircraft during descent and during the roll out at landing.

Spoilers on commercial aircraft are uses for high roll rates but mainly for decelerating the aircraft during descent and during the roll out at landing.

Yeah that's because you want to kill some lift after touch down or you'd be bouncing. I don't imagine killing lift to be very useful during dogfights or bombing runs. And I don't imagine commercial aircraft to do much of dogfighting or bombing either.

Yeah that's because you want to kill some lift after touch down or you'd be bouncing. I don't imagine killing lift to be very useful during dogfights or bombing runs. And I don't imagine commercial aircraft to do much of dogfighting or bombing either.

Indeed