Beard

Avoid SAM and TLR servers

hi,

as a relative new player with 161hrs played since the recent free weekend I just wanted to put it out there to any other new player.

avoid the SAM and TLR servers at all costs, they are rude, toxic and will frequently kick you for not listening to them and forcing you to play the game you paid for they way they want it. that mostly applies to the SAM server but the TLR server is VERY toxic indeed I have played only a handful of games on it yet almost all have been arguments among SL's who are members and an overall poor experience for anyone just wanting to hop on and have fun playing a game they enjoy.

I played a game just an hour ago on the TLR server and around 5 Squad leading members of TLR were arguing among themselves, I made a suggestion of not flooding comms with toxic chat and the reply I got was "if you don't like it leave" 

standard fun times over at TLR server. 

AVOID. 

@Beard

Squad server's aren't democracies you know? As long as they uphold the terms of the server licensing agreement they can pretty much run their personal tree forts any way they see fit. Trust me, in NA we have one server owner in particular that is extremely verbally abusive to the point of making hundreds of monetized videos of himself micro managing, verbally degrading and then banning ordinary players for his personal enjoyment and satisfaction.

That said, as a normal player that wants to just have fun and play the game you bought you are an asset not a liability. Vote with your presence somewhere else where you're treated respectfully and these knuckleheads will just sit around in their empty servers whilst in Discord begging for donations in exchange for whitelisting.

I find it hard to really think this game could propel its self to any further then beta, a mass online fps game that has very little player anti abusive systems in place.

instead relying on server admins and owners to deal with you in any toxic way they can, servers are like the wild west and this makes no sense to me at all.

why should new players like me or any player really invest time into this game if it can be spoiled so easily by such little effort?

I feel its a clash between players just playing and those who want to pretend they can make it to some big contest, by which you have to be harsh and a d@ck to gain entry to. 

iv had my fair share of toxic dirt bags on overwatch, which I had mentioned a few times on this forum, that's fine I mute them, but the way in which playing the game can lead to kicking and bans purely because you don't play a certain way is by far the most stupidest thing iv seen in a game in ages. 

12 hours ago, Beard said:

I find it hard to really think this game could propel its self to any further then beta, a mass online fps game that has very little player anti abusive systems in place.

The concept of the game and the creative effort that's went into it thus far is absolutely incredible but relying on private franchises to be the front end or the actual face of the game so to speak has not only stifled growth but it's turned thousands upon thousands of people away. That's not my opinion either, it's a simple fact backed up by statistics and negative Steam reviews. People love the game but hate the servers more often than not..

instead relying on server admins and owners to deal with you in any toxic way they can, servers are like the wild west and this makes no sense to me at all.

why should new players like me or any player really invest time into this game if it can be spoiled so easily by such little effort?

Well, the game itself is enjoyable on several different levels so just overlooking the negatives and simply playing without drawing too much attention to yourself is probably the best way to approach it.

I feel its a clash between players just playing and those who want to pretend they can make it to some big contest, by which you have to be harsh and a d@ck to gain entry to. 

IDK, you'll find such behavior in any game of this type honestly.

iv had my fair share of toxic dirt bags on overwatch, which I had mentioned a few times on this forum, that's fine I mute them, but the way in which playing the game can lead to kicking and bans purely because you don't play a certain way is by far the most stupidest thing iv seen in a game in ages. 

Most servers require you to stay in the AO and play the active flags. That inherently isn't a bad idea on the surface however booting folks out because of micromanagement seems a bit silly to me unless it's blatant griefing.

Edited by Zylfrax791

10 hours ago, Beard said:

Zylfrax already told you. Vote with your presence in some other server.

It´s imposible to legislate your way through life. So there is nothing the devs can (and should) do in order to stop that "abuse".

There is no system other than just leve and go somewhere. It Works like this...

If what you said you experienced in that server is true and is that aweful, then most people will eventually feel the same and they will leave. Nothing like a post is necessary and even if you take your time to write it, it won´t be useful. 

12 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Vote with your presence somewhere else where you're treated respectfully and these knuckleheads will just sit around in their empty servers ...

What you experienced is not a videogame reality or issue, it´s a life and human relations issue. So you don´t solve it with a videogame tool, but with human procedures.

You will get no better advice than what Zylfrax already told you.

On the other hand,...

The most played videogames have the most toxic communities. They are successful, they make loads of money, and the communities are disrespectful, childish and extremely toxic. 

So one could argue that having a toxic community is either a cause, or a consequence of a successful big community.

Had the same experience over at TLR, very unwelcoming of new players to the point of screaming and rage kicking. If you are a new player, definitely avoid as it's not a very good first impression of the game. 

Quite a regular player playing squad leader in TLR server. I DO kick players in my squad and here are the reasons. 

1. Player being unresponsive with mic check.

This is usually done at the beginning of a round where new squads are formed. If you can't respond to instruction via virbal means, you can't call for contacts nor replying instruction. There is no way to coordinate with SL and squadmates via typing, which mean YOU are the liability to the squad.

2. Player do not follow spawn instruction

This is less destructive but still bring SLs headaches. Striking windows are usually narrow and require a full effort from the entire squad. When YOU are playing your own game, which means the squad is 1 man under. If you are medic or AT, you deprive the squad's capability even more. 

3. Player that argue with the SL on everything 

If you think your SL is running the squad to the ground, you can leave the squad and form a new one. You can bring those in your squad and agree with you too. Don't get yourself into an argument with a stonehead SL. Be the SL that you think you should do.

4. Player who refuse to retreat or disengage

Similar reason to 2. If you refuse to follow your squad, YOU will be left behind. If you go rage about it, you will be kick. Just that simple.

5. Player with low trigger discipline. 

A successful attack to enemy HAB or point dependent on the element of surprise. You shoot the enemy and the whole world know YOUR squad is here and the move is blown by YOU.

I have taken players who is in 14 and players who has no experience in squad. It is your discipline that will keep you in or out of the squad. If you want to play your own game, you take the consequences.   

My friends and I avoid playing on TLR as it's a extremly toxic environment, in most cases ending up in harassment and verbal abuse over mic from TLR, until you are forced to leave or kicked. 

The TLR server environment is governmend by fear, in fear of being attacked if you make a mistake or silenced, if you have an different opinion or playstyle other then TLR members, they instantly become agressive if you do. Its either their way or the highway mentality. 

As you can read above its a control freaks dream server to play on. And that my friends does not come without power hungry stfu, stfu, stfu, kick, kick, kick play the way I tell you to or ales...

Edited by BatSithCrazy.

2 hours ago, BatSithCrazy. said:

My friends and I avoid playing on TLR as it's a extremly toxic environment, in most cases ending up in harassment and verbal abuse over mic from TLR, until you are forced to leave or kicked. 

The TLR server environment is governmend by fear, in fear of being attacked if you make a mistake or silenced, if you have an different opinion or playstyle other then TLR members, they instantly become

agressive if you do. Its either their way or the highway mentality. 

As you can read above its a control freaks dream server to play on. And that my friends does not come without power hungry stfu, stfu, stfu, kick, kick, kick play the way I tell you to or ales...

I take my time before I pass judgement on a server, since there are many people and I always put it down to my own bad luck that the ones managing the server while I´m playing are the "control freaks".

Still, what I can say is that I was surprised yesterdey when I wnet back to SQUAD after months, that TLR was half empty. Then I remember this post, and imagined that there is some "cause- consequence" effect and that time has a way of showing the truth of things.

I play on the SAM server most of the time since some time ago. My experience so far is pretty good, giving that sweet immersion boost of arabic speaking players when playing with insurgents, who btw don't have a problem speaking english for a non arabic player. To me any bullshit or toxicity doesn't stand out more then any other public squad server.

Edited by Pharanaiton

1 hour ago, Pharanaiton said:

I play on the SAM server most of the time since some time ago. My experience so far is pretty good, giving that sweet immersion boost of arabic speaking players when playing with insurgents, who btw don't have a problem speaking english for a non arabic player. To me any bullshit or toxicity doesn't stand out more then any other squad server.

It’s crazy how big of a difference there is between server cultures, where you got the extreme end of the spectrum TLR, and then you have SAM with a relaxed, chilled vibe, playing squad for the fun of it, and majority of the time if you don’t break the server rules, normal stuff (tk, toxic language, or hate”) SAM admins let you just enjoy the game.

I mean you can have a disagreement SAM admin, but they still treat you with respect. They don’t fester utter bitterness like on TLR where they are out to get you, making your stay on their server a living hell.  

Edited by BatSithCrazy.

I've had nothing but great experiences on TLR. Yes the comms sometimes are toxic but its the mentally of the players who want to win and who have experience with game. But never have the TLR members threatened with bans etc