Sign in to follow this  
paragonid

Ability to display flag capture radius

Different AAS flags have different capture radius, often confusing and unclear where is it exactly.
Ability to display flag capture radius will simplify knowing what exactly to fight for.
It could be hidden via map settings for people who doesn't want it

Edited by paragonid

Could you explain what a flag capture radio is? I'm a little confused. Are you referring to the radius of the area you need to be in in-order to capture the point? If so, this would be a great addition.

1 hour ago, paragonid said:

Broken English. Meant radius.

With a few exceptions the diamond icon on the map pretty closely matches the spherical volume typically used in the SDK. That said, it would be nice if eventually they were all switched to square or rectangular trigger volumes that followed the edges of compounds or buildings exactly but honestly is it such a big deal?

On the other hand though, I personally would like to see some verticality added in the form of flags being at the tops of the taller buildings so you actually need to go up and clear the upper floors.

been trying to get a radius circle in my Cap+PSP for long time now, just about to get into it trying again today in fact. the circle bit is the only bit i have left to fix before it's a working thing.

since i've already done a couple of things elsewhere and then the Devs have stepped up way later to actually add it/them (vehicle abandon, for one) and spent rather a lot of time pulling hairs from my head trying to get other things to work (cap circle), as well, i'd really appreciate a Dev popping in and confirming if this feature will be added or not - i don't see the point in wasting time stumbling about when the Devs will impliment them anyway.

@Zylfrax791: the more things change .... ? lols ;)

Edited by LaughingJack