Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OoziePrime

UI QoL for Multiple Monitors

Recommended Posts

I play squad on a second monitor with better first person shooter qualities that is not my main "monitor". Every time I open squad, it starts on my main monitor in borderless, which I then have to exit to drag the game window to the monitor I play on, then re-enable. I have not found a monitor output option in the settings. First world problems I know, but a drop-down for monitor selection in graphics settings(that is persistent between launches) would be greatly appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be wrong on this but I imagine that squad opens on your primary monitor. In the windows settings there is a way to choose which monitor is considered the primary monitor. If you change that then it might fix your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 4:08 PM, Geebus said:

I might be wrong on this but I imagine that squad opens on your primary monitor. In the windows settings there is a way to choose which monitor is considered the primary monitor. If you change that then it might fix your issue.

You are definitely not wrong. The issue is that I only use my first person shooter monitor for like 15% of my computer usage. Having the other 85% start popping up on the wrong monitor would be a bigger annoyance than my current predicament. Also switching my main monitor in settings between play sessions would definitely get tiresome, as well as pretty much defeat the point. I'm not by any means saying this feature should be top of the to-do list, it would just be a nice one to see. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OoziePrime said:

You are definitely not wrong. The issue is that I only use my first person shooter monitor for like 15% of my computer usage. Having the other 85% start popping up on the wrong monitor would be a bigger annoyance than my current predicament. Also switching my main monitor in settings between play sessions would definitely get tiresome, as well as pretty much defeat the point. I'm not by any means saying this feature should be top of the to-do list, it would just be a nice one to see. =)

Well looks like you might be out of luck at least on the windows side. I'd look around a bit and see if there is some third party software that allows you to choose what monitor your programs pop up on. I'm sure that there is something like it out there somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×