Sign in to follow this  
Rawfoss

Add a squad creation phase before regular staging phase

There could be a short period of 30-60 seconds where squads can be created, but nobody can join squads or spawn.

I think it's an unfortunate reality that lots of potential squad leaders are people who load in quickly and join the first one or two squads and then don't look back, not considering whether they're needed as SLs. Similarly, having everyone join once all the squads are opened with goals in their names (Vehicle, offense, defense, etc - squad descriptions when?) would cluster people in a better way rather than people who might be willing to do the job of a newly created squad already sitting in an earlier created squad, clinging to their favorite kit.

This might be extended by more streamlining of the pre-game phase, like not making the best hardware the deciding factor in claiming assets etc. Since most of the preparation is done by SLs anyway, the time for this new phase can probably be subtracted from the existing staging phase.

+1 for a very good idea. As a frequent squad lead it would be nice to have a little more time to organize before people spawn in an start grabbing kits/vehicles. It can be chaotic at times.

I really like the idea of this one. This would be a great quality of life style improvement. A time for squad creations would be great. Like you said, most people just start joining whatever squad pops up first, then the rest of the squads might end up with people who didn't want to squad lead being forced to create one.

I'm a super big fan of the idea of a time where people can not spawn in. I hate when I'm trying to coordinate with other squad leads but I am forced to listen to 20 or so people screech and mic spam music in local comms. Games are won and lost in the planning phase. This is especially the case with the way the commander vote system works. Most of the time I see the commander get assigned towards the end of the staging phase making it almost impossible for the commander to help assign objectives.

The existing system seems more than adequate to me. You simply lock the squad before you create it and then invite who you want when you want during the planning phase. Even if the server has some minimum number before you can lock certainly nobody is going to typically say anything until the planning phase is finished and the match starts and then you can just boot them as necessary.

Zylfrax I think you have a valid point but see the posts above by Geebus and Rawfoss. Having specific people in your squad isn't the issue we're discussing.

I've personally done exactly what you've described and I agree that the system works perfectly in that regard.