Sign in to follow this  
BatSithCrazy.

Mobil HQ for Commander

aSnjHab.jpg

Hi Everyone!

So, I’m chillin my mancave. And… all of the sudden I have an epiphany. We should add unicorns to squad. No wait, that wasn’t it! :P

We should add… add… hm… I had it on the tip of my tongue. Apologies, my brain hasn’t hit level cap 60 yet, it’s struggling a bit, I think I need to go back into Squad and grind out the xp needed to finish my train of thought. Wait! I remember, we should add “Mobile HQ vehicles” for the commander.

A mobile Command HQ solves a great deal of issues. First of all, the inconvenience of being static as a commander. As the battle lines shift up and down on the map, the command will have an easier time to reposition, and serve the needs of the team on the go.

We already have vehicles in Squad. So, take a Truck, remodel it, and a few lines of code, convert it into a field HQ, add an extension to the vehicles ability’s, which states that the HQ vehicle needs to be deployed in order to be used by the command.

And… Voilà! You have created a secondary objective on any map, for any game mode in Squad. Once the mobile HQ is destroyed, the commander can always fall back on any HAB.

I think this creates a more flexible alterative, keeps the game moving, and opens up opportunities for new and interesting gameplay. Don’t want to over complicate things, I rather keep it simple. But, maybe in a future updates we could dive deeper, and create a network, linking the HAB radius to the mobile HQ.

So, when a radio takes damage the power grid to the mobile HQ is cut off and needs to be repaired in order restore a new uplink. The cooldown timer on the command abilities doesn't reset, when this happens, all it does is that the commander goes offline, until repairs can be made, and the cooldown can start where they left off.

This is just a cool idea, I wanted to throw out there, and just find out what sticks on the wall. I think that a HQ vehicle creates a dynamic objective on the map, for any game mode in squad. And at the end of the day, its about having fun and adding value.

Thanks for checking out my idea!

Leave a comment! What do you think of the mobile HQ and if you like to see it in Squad!

Edited by BatSithCrazy.

You miiiight be interested in this recent through from our designer, Fuzzhead, where he talks about some of his intentions for the future, especially for commander. A command tent/other strategic buildings certainly aren't off the table: 

The entire point of having the commander near the HAB is to encourage teams to create HABS that are strategic. It suppose to add more importance to the HAB in a game where the buddy ralley and infinite rally spawn system has devalued the HAB already. 

What you are suggesting is lazy and sends the game further down the arcade style game play. Let's not create care packages; I like the HAB requirement for commanders. 

11 hours ago, budder8818 said:

The entire point of having the commander near the HAB is to encourage teams to create HABS that are strategic. It suppose to add more importance to the HAB in a game where the buddy ralley and infinite rally spawn system has devalued the HAB already. 

What you are suggesting is lazy and sends the game further down the arcade style game play. Let's not create care packages; I like the HAB requirement for commanders. 

So positioning and defending a mobile “cache” is Arcady huh, maybe shooting a gun is too, having more than one player sounds pretty Arcady to me

17 hours ago, budder8818 said:

I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this. But the commander is not set in stone, it’s an evaluation process so any preconceived notions you might have about how things should or should not be is irrelevant on the bases of change in a BETA.

If you haven’t been fallowing events, and read up on patch notes, Buddy Rally is being discontinued and will not be part of future of HAB equation. So, I’m not fully understanding, how you draw that link between RPs & HAB devaluation after RP is removed.

Now to the “lazy part.” There is nothing lazier then having a commander, afking at a HAB for the duration of the game. And there are no bases for your argument that giving the commander a mobile HQ an arcade style game play, neither throwing call of duty references to care packages.

Please refrained from throwing around sullenness assumptions, partially if they are baseless and unproven with a tint of passive-aggressiveness to them. Its rather useless way of communication, as there is no value added.

Edited by BatSithCrazy.