Covalent

Please tell me Arty isn't final.

After watching numerous videos of the new amazing artillery and other options implement in Beta 17, please tell me it's not final.

The range on damage they do is absolutely not enough.  Infantry can seemingly run away while these big ass rounds are landing around 40 feet away from them.

I'm no military expert, but, doing a small amount of Google'ing and multiple sources - 50m kill radius(150 feet) and 100m casualty radius(300feet)

Yet the artillery in this game, people can run around just fine and no shrapnel, seemingly nothing seems to affect them.

The only way people are affected are if they are smack dab right next to where it lands or within 5 feet of it.

It reminds me of the MORTAR situation, as well as the HE on vehicles that still isn't fixed.  I've seen and heard multiple complaints that HE has hit people and done no damage.

Yet i still managed to catch shrapnel to the face from 150m out.

Just my luck i guess.

I'd be pretty hesitant in yet making any calls about buffing the artillery strike. In the games I've had, it's several times now changed the tide of the game by allowing a difficult-to-take point and HAB be bombed and then rushed.

1 hour ago, oTec said:

Just my luck i guess.

This seems to be me as well..

Edited by tzaeru

1 hour ago, oTec said:

Just my luck i guess.

Are you sure it was arty. I stood 25m next to explotsion multiple times, I'm sure there's no outside of that area damage

In any way, I ran through the explosion/dust couple of times with less than half health damage, which is nonsense

Edited by paragonid

43 minutes ago, paragonid said:

Are you sure it was arty. I stood 25m next to explotsion multiple times, I'm sure there's no outside of that area damage

In any way, I ran through the explosion/dust couple of times with less than half health damage, which is nonsense

Yeah, i was SL and the commander got the TK.

He didn't get how i got hit while being out of the circle by a clear margin.

it can't be realistic, it will always need to balance within the game environment because fun is more important than anything else...obviously.

i'd be quite happy to have some larger radius damage models but would also like these to be shaped rather than just circles. eg a star like shape which can kill but might not.

Create fear without changing balance significantly. Charging through artillery should be stupid but not impossible.

Nope! It's open for tweaks -- this is just the first release, so be sure to keep the feedback coming! (We'll likely have a survey soon too, so keep your eyes on the in-game announcement box for that as well.)

Also to add in the fact that people can still fire effectively while these shells are landing within 50-100 m of them, the suppression needs to be through the roof from the fire support artillery.  No way should people be able to pick off infantry advancing on them while these shells land near them, you would barely be able to aim your weapon from rounds like that landing near you.

Edited by you ok