budder8818

100 Player Servers

100 players is still the goal...

Optimisation work is on going, and more testing towards 100 players will commence when some major systems are implemented.

Expect a more detailed news post about those exact systems when they are closer to being completed, it involves decreasing server performance costs from all sorts of sources, a big one being the minimap .

1 minute ago, fuzzhead said:

Optimisation work is on going

Thank you!

Even at LOW, small freezes occur;

All amount of VRAM is consumed;
The loading textures makes the game run at 5 FPS.

I hope that "settings" work as expected.

My best wishes!!

20 minutes ago, fuzzhead said:

100 players is still the goal...

Optimisation work is on going, and more testing towards 100 players will commence when some major systems are implemented.

Expect a more detailed news post about those exact systems when they are closer to being completed, it involves decreasing server performance costs from all sorts of sources, a big one being the minimap .

Thanks for the information. 

Erwin, there's 2 fronts there on optimisations - Client and Server.

Client side performance effects what happens on your individual machine and your frames only.

Server side performance affects all players connected to a server (usually measured by ticks per second or TPS). The lower the TPS, the more each connected player feels desyncing and "rubber banding".

Players in Vehicles are exceptionally affected by low TPS.

Client side optimizations don't really help towards getting to 100 players, but they are very important to fix nonetheless, especially for players with low RAM and VRAM.

VRAM maxing out is a client side problem, we have alot of gains to be made in the environment side of things, especially materials and foliage. Hoping we can make this ebig gains soon as help players out that have these small freezes, as we know that makes for a very bad impression.

I’ll say it again upgrade your potato’s 

we’re suffering because of this 

there’s way too many people with low end pcs moaning about getting low frames!!! Low end pc = low frames 

3 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

I’ll say it again upgrade your potato’s 

we’re suffering because of this 

there’s way too many people with low end pcs moaning about getting low frames!!! Low end pc = low frames 

Well some of us aren’t able to buy the ultimate master race machine, and client side optimization will help you get even more frames on your rig, higher frames=better

1 hour ago, Thegreenzzz said:

Well some of us aren’t able to buy the ultimate master race machine, and client side optimization will help you get even more frames on your rig, higher frames=better

@ZXD_Leeis right you know. The game has been around for over three years now. A hobo could have literally collected a dollars worth of cans a day and have an i9-RTX2080ti by now.

36 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

@ZXD_Leeis right you know. The game has been around for over three years now. A hobo could have literally collected a dollars worth of cans a day and have an i9-RTX2080ti by now.

You only telling me this now?!

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I agree, I9+2080Ti is cheap, everyone can buy it easely! Lee and YOU are hyper right!!

;)

55 minutes ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

I agree, I9+2080Ti is cheap, everyone can buy it easely! Lee and YOU are hyper right!!

;)

That depends where you live, it's not cheap when a 2080Ti it's your 2 months salary...

SPOILER ALERT: Not everyone lives/works in the US.