Sign in to follow this  
Dunnock

Types of Squads?

So I stumbled onto a guide that has a list of squads that people play. Is there a more comprehensive list or could you just name some more that isn't on this list? 

It also seems some squads don't need to be full. Logi support, or chopper transport for example.

Grunt squad - A general squad

Scout squad - Scouts out possible enemy positions

Vanguard - "Tip of the Spear" a squad that puts the most pressure on the enemy objective

Logi Support - Makes sure FOBS are supplied.

Commanding squad - Defends our most forward flag and build structures, while commanding other squads.

Quick Reaction force - Jumps to squads that are under fire and supports them until threat is neutralized and then goes onto the next battle.

Squads I thought of while writing this

FOB Seekers - Behind enemy lines disrupting enemy FOBs. Probably could be done as a Quick Reaction Force squad

Chopper support - Works with other squads to move them around the battlefield swiftly. Also transports supplies

I think a comprehensive list would help newer players or maybe even experience players takes steps to becoming a SL or just understanding what's going on within the squad you joined.

In Squad AAS there are only two types of squads; squads with members inside the flag and squads with members outside the flag.

This is because as a game Squad AAS not only incentivizes but it actually lures players off the flag to do all kinds of wacky side missions that have little to no bearing on the actual outcome of the match. Certainly these things can be fun but Squad AAS always favors the team that avoids these diversions and instead focuses on surrounding and capturing flags at any cost including having little to no medics and basically just constantly respawning and flash mobbing the flags.

Until the BP is actually removed and an exponentially progressive respawn timer for giving up is implemented Squad AAS will essentially remain sequential TDM with side quests.

That was the beauty of Joint Operations AAS. It actually incentivized the entire team to stay focused on capturing the position because once your team took full possession it became a spawn point and ammo resupply. In this sense JO AAS was a much more shallow game because you didn't typically have people off scattered across the map doing mortar/tow fobs, fob hunting or any number of other dubious endeavors.

I think the typical squad lineup is more like:

Tank

Heli

Noobs without a SL

Dubious Endeavours 1

Dubious Endeavours 2

Dubious Endeavours 3

But I put myself in or create Dubious Endeavours 4 because that is where I win matches.

On 12/2/2019 at 8:00 AM, suds said:

I think the typical squad lineup is more like:

Tank

Heli

Noobs without a SL

Dubious Endeavours 1

Dubious Endeavours 2

Dubious Endeavours 3

But I put myself in or create Dubious Endeavours 4 because that is where I win matches.

Noobs without SL is less common if you choose a good server.