Sgt.Hiccups

Actual FOB Overrun mechanic

I came across this post on a reddit subject, all cred for this Idea goes to that person. I will leave a link to the discussion below if you want to read more.

Personally, think it would have been a much more sane feature if they treated it like a mini capzone with enemies having to outnumber by 1 or 2 in the radius. That would make the hab actually “overrun”

I wanted to make sure that more people saw this because i think its a really great Idea to fix our current not actually overun problem. Also it feels more fair being actually overrun rather than exploited by a vehicle rush for example.

My own thoughts,

With this idea implemented, extend the radius from 30 meters (2 players) to 50 meters (3 players). This will make it so that attackers might have an easier time to disable the FOB but it would also make it easier for the defenders to defend it. A good outcome of this is that you are fighting for control over the area and the HAB rather than just the HAB.

To eliminate the risk of a meat grind like we have seen previously you could keep a hard disable if an attacker enters the interior of the HAB.

If you are worried that the meat grind might reappear consider this. If the FOB is actually overrun like suggested, the spawn is disabled. If an attacker sneaks in to dig down the FOB whiles defenders are present the FOB is not actually overrun and defenders can react to a possible FOB takedown within 50 meters. If the defenders tries to camp inside the radius to let teammates spawn the FOB gets disabled when an attacker enters the HAB. 

In short, could be implemented without the reappearance of the meat grinder.

What do you think? Is it good already, prefer that the devs focus on other areas?

Do you like this idea, hopeing to see it being implemented?

Let me know in discussion below.

Link to Reddit post:

Edited by Sgt.Hiccups

10 month old Reddit (v12) this has been/supposed to be - fixed. over-run HAB causes Disabled Spawn. no meat-grinding spawn-raping farmers anymore - or am i wrong?

@Zylfrax791: thought this was interesting (bolded) ;)

22 hours ago, Sgt.Hiccups said:

Personally, think it would have been a much more sane feature if they treated it like a mini capzone

22 hours ago, Sgt.Hiccups said:

With this idea implemented, extend the radius from 30 meters (2 players) to 50 meters (3 players). This will make it so that attackers might have an easier time to disable the FOB but it would also make it easier for the defenders to defend it. A good outcome of this is that you are fighting for control over the area and the HAB rather than just the HAB