Perhaps this could be a post 1.0 release feature, but a big part of games these days is the ability for players to stand out (by paying money) without any gameplay effects. Skins is how this is accomplished in many games, and Squad is already planning to have the Founder ones working by the time of the official release. I suggest adding certain small actions for different factions executable when you're playing as part of that faction. For a small price (say $1.99), as the Insurgents, you could perhaps raise your right or left arm in the air, shout something in Arabic (or Pashto if they're from that area, idk), and fire rounds off from your AKM (or whatever you're using) for maybe 5 seconds as like a victory stance. Different factions could do different things as well. This wouldn't have any balance effect and a long timer can be placed on it (like 15-30 mins) to prevent spam.

Although this feature isn't absolutely necessary, and certainly doesn't add much to gameplay, it's a cool distinguishing feature I think a lot of people would enjoy purchasing and it wouldn't be hard to animate a few small actions like these. The return on investment for the company could be pretty big.

New voice-overs in B17 are fantastic btw and I can't wait to see what other CO abilities will be added as well.

Get ready to get a lot of crap for this post. I'm sure a lot of people are gonna hate this one.

As to my opinion of this, this doesn't add anything to the game. Nobody. Absolutely NOBODY wants micro transactions added to this game. Even if they were added to the game without a paywall, it still isn't one of those things that I would want to be added.

For the emotes that you specifically mentioned, what is stopping you from doing them in game already? There is nothing stopping you from shooting your gun in the air and screeching on mic. Even with the timer given to prevent spam, it still only serves to annoy others. I, as well as many others, can't stand the call for medic button that was added recently. It happens at least once each game where a few people are dead and a medic rolls up and starts patching people up, then some idiot starts spamming the button trying to get the medics attention. Although I would love for as many players to be able to play, If you don't have a mic or don't want to talk, get one or move on. This game is communication focused.

One of the major reasons that I have been drawn to Squad is that it is a game like no other. Any addition like this only serves the purpose to make it more like all those big games that everyone is trying to get away from. Its the same thing as all the people that ask for character customization, or weapon skins (other than the one promised to the backers). Like I've posted time after time, this game isn't about the individual. Its about the team as a whole. If you can't play the game without the little things that set you apart from others, this game isn't for you. People have been spoiled by all the crap modern games add in to keep people interested.

Also, if you want some way to support the devs, recommend the game to friends or buy copies for others. The developers are not hurting for money when you keep in mind all the sales that happen every few weeks. I bought this game once and expect that the only time I will be spending money on it is if I'm getting it for a friend.

I think there should be hand signals.

Like pointing, or waving your hands across to a friendly that might be shooting at you by mistake.

You could also hold your hands up in a cross and try to "wave down" a logy from driving over a mine or something.

I know people use voice, but I think it would be fitting edition.

also, think of the MEMES.

On 28/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, therealduplex said:

a big part of games these days is the ability for players to stand out

exact oposite of the Squad ideal.

On 28/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, therealduplex said:

it's a cool distinguishing feature I think a lot of people would enjoy purchasing

sorry mate but you appear to have seriously underestimated the Squad community (or the majority thereof).

as cool and distiguishing a feature that people love purchasing, just like all those other games that have exactly the same rip-off sh17 in them?

do you have any idea how much this stuff is hated in games? or are you a student of Marketing.

@Geebus 100% correct and could not agree more with you <TwoThumbsUp>

15 hours ago, Crafty said:

I know people use voice, but I think it would be fitting edition.

also, think of the MEMES

coz that's what voice is for. period.

and: MEME's ?!! waaat! Squad is not a MEME generator so i hope you were just joshing around with that comment.

On 11/29/2019 at 3:18 AM, Geebus said:

Get ready to get a lot of crap for this post. I'm sure a lot of people are gonna hate this one.

As to my opinion of this, this doesn't add anything to the game. Nobody. Absolutely NOBODY wants micro transactions added to this game. Even if they were added to the game without a paywall, it still isn't one of those things that I would want to be added.

For the emotes that you specifically mentioned, what is stopping you from doing them in game already? There is nothing stopping you from shooting your gun in the air and screeching on mic. Even with the timer given to prevent spam, it still only serves to annoy others. I, as well as many others, can't stand the call for medic button that was added recently. It happens at least once each game where a few people are dead and a medic rolls up and starts patching people up, then some idiot starts spamming the button trying to get the medics attention. Although I would love for as many players to be able to play, If you don't have a mic or don't want to talk, get one or move on. This game is communication focused.

One of the major reasons that I have been drawn to Squad is that it is a game like no other. Any addition like this only serves the purpose to make it more like all those big games that everyone is trying to get away from. Its the same thing as all the people that ask for character customization, or weapon skins (other than the one promised to the backers). Like I've posted time after time, this game isn't about the individual. Its about the team as a whole. If you can't play the game without the little things that set you apart from others, this game isn't for you. People have been spoiled by all the crap modern games add in to keep people interested.

Good points. Just an idea off the top of my head tbh. One of the reasons I bought Squad initially was specifically because it had no DLC I had to buy along with it, so I see what you mean. And I agree with the medic call thing btw, it seems extremely superfluous (I only use it when I wanna hear some shouting in Arabic). However, character customization and weapon skins are not the same as say what an emote would be, as those wouldn't be encountered in real life. Maybe something like an emote isn't the way to go, but the avatars in Squad just feel very stiff. Maybe more idle animations? Just throwing ideas around, no need to agree.

@Geebus & @LaughingJack Spot On...

I mean I'm not against having some sort of awards 'Like Medals' I think this was spoke about in our Forums. Medals for "Medics"i.e  (Most Saves), "SL's"Top Squad, "SL's/His Squad Most Points/Caps or "Squad" Most Armor Destroyed etc.

Now coming from DF:/JointOps I do miss my "BoomHeadShot Count"... ;)

But I'm to Old to Care about this anymore... Ooh my Bones...