BatSithCrazy.

v1.7 is worse than v1.6 (Hotfix solved) Thanks Devs :)

Version 1.7 of Squad brings with it a lot of good and bad.

Some of the issues I have noticed is fps drop, lag and stuttering. Audio quality drops like a stone in the water at times. Mic issues, overall the smoothness of 1.6 has drastically decreased, its noticeable and I’m at a point where I am having second thoughts whether to play Squad in such a state.

I stopped playing in 1.7 public testing, and went back to smoother experience 1.6, because of the poor state 1.7 was in. I’m really surprised that the developers decided force thru this patch, making the overall gaming experience less than it was.

Every game I joined, I ask people is anyone having quality (lag) issues ingame and everyone agreed that the ball has been dropped in one way or another.

Getting massive spikes in frames and lag when flaying helicopters when there wasn’t any before, ground combat is even worse, when ppl are clustered together in capture zones, it becomes a fps-drop-fest, Its not fun. 

Is anyone ales in the community experiencing problems? Are you having a issues with frame drops, lag and stuttering!? Let me know below...

Edited by BatSithCrazy.

Huh. I have the opposite experience. v17 runs and looks better plus best of all doesn't crash at every map rotation. The lighting changes have completely changed the look of all the maps I've seen so far and the trees on Goro & Yeho don't look like they're from the Lorax forest anymore.

Plus the Commander role which I was really skeptical of is actually adding a cohesive element to all the matches I've played so far. I will say the airstrikes and such look & sound badass but are very flaccid in their effects. I'd ratchet that way up. No survivors.

can confirm massive, dangerous stuttering while flying in helicopters on full servers!

trying to fix it right now on my end!

Frame drops, lag and stuttering on some maps/layouts, not all. E.g. one of Talil Outskirts RAAS is terrible. Restarting game helps a little, not much. Being in vehicle feels like worsen it.
I think I actually had it only on 2 out of 8 map/layouts I played, other than that no difference than a16

Edited by paragonid

the other day I was playing on Skorpo. Framerate at many different parts of the map was like 20 FPS. This is ridiculous since I have a RTX 2080 and didn't have this issue before. And on basically every map there is micro stutter and lag. I thought it was the server lagging then noticed it was happening on different servers. Updated my drivers in Nvidia and still same issue. Its pretty bad.  

yeah there’s micro stuttering every now and again in V17

all this will be sorted out in the next few months 

the thing is squad is the only game actually worth playing so it’s not like you can go play anything else!!  I tried once!! I didn’t play squad for 4 days and I tried to play one of the many other games I’ve got and it was terrible 

so instead of moaning GET ON SQUAD AND GET GUD!!!! 

Called in a UAV as commander and the green extra button came up with the time before it came active.

As soon as it arrived the button dissapeared and i couldn't enter my UAV ;/.

Great first encounter. Franticly clicking my screen in hope of getting in.

16 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

the thing is squad is the only game actually worth playing so it’s not like you can go play anything else!!  I tried once!! I didn’t play squad for 4 days and I tried to play one of the many other games I’ve got and it was terrible 

so instead of moaning GET ON SQUAD AND GET GUD!!!! 

since you are damn right, this stuttering is an even bigger issue! it makes especially flying almost impossible!

you would probably tell me to upgrade my gtx970 but frames and game run smooth wouldnt there be this new stutterissue!

so instead of moaning:

help the communitysupporter to gather some intel on your specs!

Edited by gshAT

Reddit **** reddit 

cant stand reddit 

yeah a 970 was a great card but is probably at the lower end for squad 

i dont like it either ... but since this forum somehow died and even developer responses are much more frequent over there i decided to switch there last month after 3 years only beeing here!

and yes it might be on the lower end but it still runs smooth on low settings, even on some mid-to high settings. it just doesnt look great.

Edited by gshAT

37 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Reddit **** reddit 

cant stand reddit 

I have a gtx 970 and just recently learned it doesnt have 4k ram. Its torturous playing squad half the time. I was geting the same bad performence in battlefield 5, however when I activated next frame rendering in nvidia control panel it cleared a lot of that stuff up. Thats why i opened a new thread about Next frame rendering in general discussion just a few minutes ago.

51 minutes ago, gshAT said:

since you are damn right, this stuttering is an even bigger issue! it makes especially flying almost impossible!

you would probably tell me to upgrade my gtx970 but frames and game run smooth wouldnt there be this new stutterissue!

so instead of moaning:

help the communitysupporter to gather some intel on your specs!

I have gtx970, how much regular ram do you have? Looking for tips on reducing stutter.

What about all amount of VRAM being consumed?

This was happening also in V16 (I didn't play previous versions as a bought Squad recently).

IMO, this could be "part of the opera".

I suggest all of us run hardware monitor such MSI Afterburner to try to figure out what is happening in you own system while running Squad.

As I am insistently saying, no matter which graphic settings I set up, I'm getting VRAM struggling, frame drops like hell (even in a ~25ms server), stutters, etc.

can anyone confirm if a cleared cache or deleted folder can reduce this?

I really struggled last night but had not yet reset things.

<- Low end...but always at 60fps before b17. With smoke I can easily drop to 20 now.

well after updates i would always do it once ... it always felt better afterwards althoug this time the stuttering is stubborn.

Yup, I also experienced an increase of heavy stutter and fps drops especially on Tahil Outskirts RAAS, but also Gorodok dropped again badly. I'm not sure if it was Squad v17 or the latest Nvidia drivers which I have installed at the same time. Have to investigate further.

Beside that the new lightning is a joy to watch.

The game last night for me barely felt playable and was not enjoyable with these problems. I think the devs need a hot fix for this as its a major issue. I dont think ill play it if it stays this way.

Edited by warrior6

Thanks, guys, for sharing your experience, it’s good to know it’s a common occurrence. What it tells me, is that there is an optimization error and not a hardware issue. Seems that v17 graphical update to squad, is a hit on the performance stuttering we are all experiencing.

All maps have stuttering or lag to some degree, its more noticeable when you are in a vehicle on larger maps like Thail Outskirts and Gorodok these maps stand out, the most.

With more people talking about problems openly, it will shine some light on difficulties with v.17, which is a positive for everyone, other then being told off. 

If you find any other maps, that are problematic more then others, do share it here.

Cheers for your feedback!

4 hours ago, warrior6 said:

The game last night for me barely felt playable and was not enjoyable with these problems. I think the devs need a hot fix for this. I dont think ill play it if it stays this way.

Yeah, I'm gone take a break and come back to it, when they solved these issues, the stuttering is just too noticable to have a enjoyable playthrough without being aggravated by the lag, crashing or being the cause of death ingame.

Edited by BatSithCrazy.

13 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Reddit **** reddit 

cant stand reddit 

Damn right,Agreed....

V1.7 Just Frazzled my GPU... O.o Where do I make a Claim? :D

I've not had any issues (or not more as normal) with v1.7 on the preformance side.

Barely notice a difference between v1.6 and 1.7 except for some minor lighting.

I do reset my cache manually evrytime there is a major or minor update.

1 hour ago, oTec said:

I've not had any issues (or not more as normal) with v1.7 on the preformance side.

Barely notice a difference between v1.6 and 1.7 except for some minor lighting.

I do reset my cache manually evrytime there is a major or minor update.

Same here, until this point all runs fine.

Not sure if it was the latest nvidia driver update or a reinstall of the game that i did but last night i uad a very smooth experience. I have an RTX 2080 if anyone is wondering. I installed the new driver from scratch after uninstalling the old driver and it was fine last night. 

Edited by warrior6