Pharanaiton

Add ability to put weapon on safe.

Lot's of people accidently wounding people while reloading at the ammo crate.

This would also contribute a little to immersion. When you are hanging out on a cap or fob, there can be a very at ease and relaxed atmosphere.

Putting the weapon on safe would just add to that feeling.

(with a seperate key bind, scroll wheel should remain cycling between semi/auto)

I could see it being one of those things that very few people would ever use. Maybe if it tied into another system that made it a little bit more useful. Possibly when switched to safe the weapon goes into that lowered state and you get a slight speed increase?

It would also be useful when you are SLing and you want to sneak onto the point. The number of times I've had lads negligently discharge their rifles and give our position away is countless.

I play on my laptop and sometimes I accidentally press my touchpad. This would be a great easy feature to avoid that. I would also suggest that you could turn off the safe mode by left mouse click similar to standup from prone pressing space. Problem is still all the keys to bind tho, but I’d welcome this as a option.

17 hours ago, Geebus said:

Possibly when switched to safe the weapon goes into that lowered state

yep, or when going into lowered state, the weapon auto-safes - have to 'raise' the weapon with an ADS-click, before being able to fire (very quick to do, i think).

12 hours ago, Sgt.Hiccups said:

... sometimes I accidentally press my touchpad.

sometimes i do to ... in public ... can be rather embarrasing. but seriously i'd like lappy makers to give the option to disable touch pads either per-program or as a permenantly off/on 'switch' - not just for gaming either.

You really think if the developers would put it in game,that people would use it.

I am sure guys would still fire while resupplying at the ammo crate.

When i resupply i switch to knife. 

The menu is interrupted when someone blocks your access to the crate.

A solution would be to remove this blocking.

OR

Just stand closer to the crate.

7 hours ago, suds said:

The menu is interrupted when someone blocks your access to the crate.

A solution would be to remove this blocking.

OR

Just stand closer to the crate.

because it's a "look-at" thing, as you prolly know, you loose LoS you loose connection - would be good if the menu was persistant after initial Look-At until exiting the menu completely. standing closer won't help a lot as peeps might still block your LoS.