Dufflespud

Cyber Monday is Coming... Time to Upgrade GPU

Playing Squad has given me a good reason to upgrade my graphics card, and since Cyber Monday is next week, I figured now would be the perfect time to start looking. This is the card I've currently set my sights on:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Z8fhP6/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-6-gb-windforce-oc-video-card-gv-n166twf2oc-6gd

I figured that this was a quality card for the price, but I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. I'm on a very tight budget and this is actually a little more than I'd like to spend, but I figured since Cyber Monday is coming up I could probably find a good deal. I'm not a big shopper, so I wanted to ask around and see if anyone knew where I could get a good bang for my buck.

Hey @Dufflespud, 1660 TI is slightly better than 1660 Super and cost 30US$ more.

So, you could go with Super to better fit with your wallet.

I would say that Squad is hungry for CPU performance. That said, what is your rig?

@SCG_ErwinP

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-core

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB OC

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000

I run squad off of an M.2 SSD

I'm thinking about overclocking my CPU at some point as well, it can get to around 4.1GHz IIRC.

Edited by Dufflespud

Okay, you have a decent rig and I believe that some of 1660 series will add more power to your machine!

Buy that can fit your wallet as said before.

Hi,

just a suggestion: you might want to consider used 1070 GTX if you can get decent deal. These card are still good. 1660 series might have better bandwidth but fillrate is still high on 1070.

You can compare specs here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units#GeForce_16_series

I have one and it performs very good in squad. You can't go wrong with 1660 but check out also local used market for GPU cards.

Nice! There you go!

I have asus turbo 1070gtx and I can recommend this one. Stock fan is silent but i went to custom one (arctic cooling). It wasn't really worth it but i like to keep my hardware cool and silent. If I brought it again, I wouldn't do anything to it.

Sorry to hear that Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX :(