Silly_Jolly

Script for ''View range of Grass''

Hey guys,

Recently, in our community, we had a heat discussion on a Script which is used to adjust '' View range of grass''' in the game.

The developer of the script claims that the script helps people with low FPS to gain more FPS in the game. However, the problem comes, some guys without FPS problem are using the script to obtain advantages in the game, According to the script, It can decrease the current grass view range by 60% percent which makes it impossible for someone to hide in bushes. To make things worse, FOBs & HUBs become ''naked'' in long range. Plants are removed by the script.

Our server administrators are getting headache by the abuse of the script(The fact is, many streamer use this script and gets the attention of server admins.). and EAC seems not detecting this script.

So, what do you guys think of it? Should this being banned in the future?  If you are the server admin, what will you do?

Sounds pretty good, already googling to get my free kil.. I mean more fps

Also pls don't forget "scripts" to reduce fog, color evened enemies pink and increase sound of radios

Squad seems to have minimal security. E.g. "fixed" remote revives by medics, or Rallies spawn people in different time instead of in a wave, which make me believe a lot of stuff is clientside and not validated by the server. Such is the game

Edited by paragonid

2 hours ago, Silly_Jolly said:

Hey guys,

Recently, in our community, we had a heat discussion on a Script which is used to adjust '' View range of grass''' in the game.

The developer of the script claims that the script helps people with low FPS to gain more FPS in the game. However, the problem comes, some guys without FPS problem are using the script to obtain advantages in the game, According to the script, It can decrease the current grass view range by 60% percent which makes it impossible for someone to hide in bushes. To make things worse, FOBs & HUBs become ''naked'' in long range. Plants are removed by the script.

Our server administrators are getting headache by the abuse of the script(The fact is, many streamer use this script and gets the attention of server admins.). and EAC seems not detecting this script.

So, what do you guys think of it? Should this being banned in the future?  If you are the server admin, what will you do?

There needs to be something put in place to ensure fair gameplay.  If someone's rig isn't strong enough to play the game then they need to upgrade. Allowing people to essentially cheat so that under spec rigs can play is stupid. 

More people will leave due to unfair gameplay than the amount of people the community will gain from low spec rigs joining. 

An advantage gained from editing files is cheating.  It is like saying it is cold where im at,  my hand might shake at times when playing,  so using an aimbot is just balancing out my disadvantage from being cold.

44 minutes ago, Thr34t said:

There needs to be something put in place to ensure fair gameplay.  If someone's rig isn't strong enough to play the game then they need to upgrade. Allowing people to essentially cheat so that under spec rigs can play is stupid. 

More people will leave due to unfair gameplay than the amount of people the community will gain from low spec rigs joining. 

An advantage gained from editing files is cheating.  It is like saying it is cold where im at,  my hand might shake at times when playing,  so using an aimbot is just balancing out my disadvantage from being cold.

The biggest problem is not the people with a low end rig the biggest problem are guys that have great rig and still play on low so they can have the advantage.As the moderator wrote.

I do not know anything about programming and all but if it would be possible to make if you play on low end rig or high end rig with low settings make view distance fogy or something instead of taking the grass off make the player not able to see further. This is an old problem we talk about for months now.

Some thing needs to be done about that.Instead of just adding new content so developers can earn more profit.

And yes i am one of thous players that stoped playing the game since August because i do not to be a guy that crawls thru thick grass (in my eyes) and get killed easily like i was running thru it.

Edited by Bahrein

3 hours ago, Bahrein said:

The biggest problem is not the people with a low end rig the biggest problem are guys that have great rig and still play on low so they can have the advantage.As the moderator wrote.

I do not know anything about programming and all but if it would be possible to make if you play on low end rig or high end rig with low settings make view distance fogy or something instead of taking the grass off make the player not able to see further. This is an old problem we talk about for months now.

Some thing needs to be done about that.Instead of just adding new content so developers can earn more profit.

And yes i am one of thous players that stoped playing the game since August because i do not to be a guy that crawls thru thick grass (in my eyes) and get killed easily like i was running thru it.

That is a symptom of the problem.  People with under spec rigs alter files for more frames. Alterations give an advantage. Now people with great rigs need to alter files to balance out advantage.  People that don't know about it are at a disadvantage and the game will feel like bullshit to them since concealment appears to be meaningless to them while unable to spot others. 

Just guessing here but they must have simply added the foliage view distance entry back into the default ini file that used to be an editable setting in the video section of the menu.

If this is the case then the only logical conclusion is that nobody bothered to follow up with EAC to make sure this and other UE4 settings can't be added back into this game file.

for Grass concealment: was mentioned/suggested ages ago about having soldiers 'blend' in by way of a solid shading effect, applied to the distant player while they are "behind" or occluded by grass but outside the rendering distance of said grass.

seems to be 'a thing': from another game having the same issues - "they could use shader and hide people at distance like jo:tr did, it did not require foliage at distance to be drawn it just blended them in to background color, made it very hard to see them, especially when they were prone and not moving"  

- ** "background colour" was actually the terrain colour, they inherited the underlying terrain colour.

Take off the script for now until the developers find a better way to fix this.

Its pure and simple ,if cheating, hacking or game exploit is not sanctioned or worked on to fix it the small amount of players will grow to all players doing it.

Why would i play fair and 110% with ought any cheats or game exploits and have high moral and honor standards just to get shoot from someone that is cheating freely with no fear of any type of punishment.And getting frustrated for getting killed like that.

I don't agree with this so-called 'script'. I don't agree with any script or assistance which is not published by OWI. The official offered the adjustable options for big-scale computers which have different performance on Squad, but if any player uses additional method or 'script' or something like that, it will be unfair to those who don' have. Hard device difference problem can solved by adjusting graph option which is an official way, but 'script difference' can't. If the anti-grass script is admitted by OWI, then it should be an option in graph-configuration.  All you need to do is click this option, do not use DIY scripts. I don't think any 'DIY scripts' is acceptable even though they don't contain any 'evil contempt'

It's kinda funny how people safeguard these sorta things as if it's some sort of a treasure. If you want a problem fixed quickly, you should spread it like wildfire to get everyone's attention. 

10 hours ago, [IN3]=4=ever said:

I don't agree with this so-called 'script'. I don't agree with any script or assistance which is not published by OWI. The official offered the adjustable options for big-scale computers which have different performance on Squad, but if any player uses additional method or 'script' or something like that, it will be unfair to those who don' have. Hard device difference problem can solved by adjusting graph option which is an official way, but 'script difference' can't. If the anti-grass script is admitted by OWI, then it should be an option in graph-configuration.  All you need to do is click this option, do not use DIY scripts. I don't think any 'DIY scripts' is acceptable even though they don't contain any 'evil contempt'

Please remove your videocard drivers, I disagree with them. thank you

10 hours ago, paragonid said:

请删除您的视频卡驱动程序,我不同意它们。谢谢

I will remove mine unless you remove yours too. That is balance and fair.  If you use this 'script', please tell OWI to update Squad and contains it in game.

1 hour ago, [IN3]=4=ever said:

I will remove mine unless you remove yours too. That is balance and fair.  If you use this 'script', please tell OWI to update Squad and contains it in game.

ok, let's try it again.
Amount of "any script or assistance which is not published by OWI" (including non published by OWI video drivers) which affect how image is displayed, which might result in advantage, is uncountable and uncontrollable. This is how current computers work. Same for gamma manipulation, rapid fire scripts, turn your turret 180 degrees immediately script. You either create your game with mechanics which ensure minimization of such things, or accept it existence.
Nobody cares if you agree or disagree with them. They will be used, produced and shared unless they aren't giving advantage.

3 minutes ago, paragonid said:

ok, let's try it again.
Amount of "any script or assistance which is not published by OWI" (including non published by OWI video drivers) which affect how image is displayed, which might result in advantage, is uncountable and uncontrollable. This is how current computers work. Same for gamma manipulation, rapid fire scripts, turn your turret 180 degrees immediately script. You either create your game with mechanics which ensure minimization of such things, or accept it existence.
Nobody cares if you agree or disagree with them. They will be used, produced and shared unless they aren't giving advantage.

Have you ever heard of a "script" or a "driver" which could turn the whole game graph into an abstract image, and it is more easy to find someone on your screen because the "player model " is unrendering and just simple geometry shape. It has been used in many FPS games and just ruins those games. If you think this is fair enough, then no curious that you agree with those 'anti-grass scripts'.
OWI offered the device requirements. If your device is below than that and you use the script I mentioned above, you can gain huge benefits in game. 

Grass can't be removed because it is just a 'hidden mechanism' in game. If you use scripts to remove it, you just get benefits which makes the whole game changed. 

If you think grass could be deleted, then I will think the clothes could just be red and black and without texture. HD is also unnecessary, let’s just play pixel Squad. 
If your device can't reach the lowest of the requirement just change your device or leave this game. Any of these scripts could be an 'excuse' and break the basic balance or fair. Finally, it could be abused.

BY THE WAY, 'I don't agree or I agree ' is just my opinion and this is a forum, we both can show our opinion. The word ’Nobody cares if you agree or disagree with them. ‘  is not friendly and just offend my right to express. 

Hope you have a good day and less anger and arrogance.

19 minutes ago, paragonid said:

Nobody cares if you agree or disagree with them.

False statement, since OWI added anticheat service - EAC. OWI cares about cheaters, there are several players in this thread that discuss issue and cares too. All is needed is an answer from OWI developer is such software counted as cheat. If it is a cheat, it should be counted as a cheat by EAC and/or patched in game to prevent it usage. Otherwise, such software is whitelisted to use. The silence from OWI may be caused by "low-priority" category. They should mark it as "high-priority", since they are unable to check if players use it, some/most of tournament players may already use it. I am sure that if you @[IN3]=4=ever post a video or clip from twitch streamer to show the difference with/without. That surely move it in "high priority" category for OWI. Since I expect it gives a huge advantage over other players.

24 minutes ago, Ruplay said:

False statement, since OWI added anticheat service - EAC. OWI cares about cheaters, there are several players in this thread that discuss issue and cares too. All is needed is an answer from OWI developer is such software counted as cheat. If it is a cheat, it should be counted as a cheat by EAC and/or patched in game to prevent it usage. Otherwise, such software is whitelisted to use. The silence from OWI may be caused by "low-priority" category. They should mark it as "high-priority", since they are unable to check if players use it, some/most of tournament players may already use it. I am sure that if you @[IN3]=4=ever post a video or clip from twitch streamer to show the difference with/without. That surely move it in "high priority" category for OWI. Since I expect it gives a huge advantage over other players.

I don't have spare time to replay this ‘difference’ and unfair but it obviously exists.  I am just a normal player. What I can do is just post some opinions in this forum.  If anyone who sees this reply and have spare time to make a video to show the big difference, please do it. Thanks!

Just now, [IN3]=4=ever said:

I don't have spare time to replay this ‘difference’ and unfair but it obviously exists.  I am just a normal player. What I can do is just post some opinions in this forum.  If anyone who sees this reply and have spare time to make a video to show the big difference, please do it. Thanks!

Provide a link to this "script", please.

Just now, Ruplay said:

Provide a link to this "script", please.

In Chinese communities, there are several 'Club' or 'Team' start to test those scripts. But it hasn't been provided in a public. Those teams and clubs run the servers so they can rule the rules. I think they will make a video to compare these scripts and decide whether it is ok to use the scripts. I will post the link of the video after they finish the compare.

2 hours ago, Ruplay said:

Right, logic exercise, let's go! 
"nobody cares" is almost always false in the current state of society, as nobody can verify for everybody, I agree
"OWI added anticheat service - EAC", so "nobody cares is incorrect" is incorrect. Just because someone adds something, it doesn't mean that they care, unless you have some special definition of caring always validated by such action, which I wouldn't agree with

>OWI cares about cheaters, there are several players in this thread that discuss issue and cares too.

OWI can not care or not care in "human caring way" meaning, so you probably use 2 different definitions now, still didn't define any of them. Also stating that someone cares who is not you, is similar to "nobody cares" pretty much impossible as you can not prove it.

> Otherwise, such software is whitelisted to use.
It's not how whitelisting works. So it's false. In short, whitelisting requires clear statement that something is allowed and nothing else. Neither such system is ever in use for computers and public gaming (but tournaments do), nor lack of statement that something is banned makes it whitelisted.

> <snipped unproven assumptions>
Those don't matter and nobody cares about them. Until technical implementation is present to restrict use of any scripts, any scripts will be used freely.

In other words, you either uselessly argue about the words, or get to the meaning of the message instead.

Edited by paragonid

3 hours ago, [IN3]=4=ever said:

Have you ever heard of a "script" or a "driver" which could turn the whole game graph into an abstract image, and it is more easy to find someone on your screen because the "player model " is unrendering and just simple geometry shape. It has been used in many FPS games and just ruins those games. If you think this is fair enough, then no curious that you agree with those 'anti-grass scripts'.
OWI offered the device requirements. If your device is below than that and you use the script I mentioned above, you can gain huge benefits in game. 

Grass can't be removed because it is just a 'hidden mechanism' in game. If you use scripts to remove it, you just get benefits which makes the whole game changed. 

If you think grass could be deleted, then I will think the clothes could just be red and black and without texture. HD is also unnecessary, let’s just play pixel Squad. 
If your device can't reach the lowest of the requirement just change your device or leave this game. Any of these scripts could be an 'excuse' and break the basic balance or fair. Finally, it could be abused.

BY THE WAY, 'I don't agree or I agree ' is just my opinion and this is a forum, we both can show our opinion. The word ’Nobody cares if you agree or disagree with them. ‘  is not friendly and just offend my right to express. 

I have never discussed moral side of the thing, rather mocking others for doing it. I don't think that screaming "CHEEEEATING" or discussing it will stop people who use it from using it or spreading it. I'm rather stating that it's either solved technically within game, or not solved at all. And well, you idea that I can only use things whitelisted by OWI is not friendly and just offend freedom of action. 

Edited by paragonid

4 hours ago, paragonid said:

OWI can not care or not care in "human caring way" meaning, so you probably use 2 different definitions now, still didn't define any of them. Also stating that someone cares who is not you, is similar to "nobody cares" pretty much impossible as you can not prove it.

Obviously that is a language barrier, since you do not understand meaning of foreign words.

Right, logic exercise, let's go! 

"nobody cares" is almost always false in the current state of society, as nobody can verify for everybody, I agree

Those don't matter and nobody cares about them.

False statement that you agree with, but still use in the next paragraph of the same post. Absense of logic. You are done.

We're aware of the script and will be investigating its use. I would not recommend using or sharing it in the meantime if you enjoy playing Squad. =)