Sign in to follow this  
GeneSimmons32-31

Revamp Russian Ground Forces

Alright, so we see when it comes to the British, Canadians and the Americans, they all have the latest vehicles and all in their arsenal. When we look at Russia, they are using BRDMs and T-72B3. Yes they are still in service but for BRDMs, they are almost phased out by Gaz Tigrs and even Iveco LMV. The T-72 is slowly being phased out in favor for T-90s and in recent times, the T-90M. As well, the Ural trucks in the game, though still widely used aren't their latest trucks as they now use the Kamaz 4310s as their newer trucks. Yes, the vehicles used in game are in service, to a degree (BRDM has been heavily modified and no longer looks like the one in game.) What I propose is to update them to what is now being marked as the serial production vehicles.

BRDM 2 --> Gaz Tigr with all the variants to match to the US M-ATV

BMP-2 --> BMP-2 with Berezhok

T-72B3 --> T-90M

Yes, they would be. I know AAA haven't made the game fully yet, so I can wait on those, but for sure AK-12 would be a another nice addition. BMPT would make a nice fit as well. I feel though some things are just outdated on the Russian faction and could be made up to date on what is really used now by the Russian military.

The BDRM in my opinion is superior to the MAT-V in almost every way. Not only is the crew under full armour cover. But the armament is also more powerful. The 14.5mm machine gun is more powerful than the .50 BMG(Almost double the ft-lbs of muzzle energy) plus it has a coax as well, and the gunner can't get sniped by a guy running around in flip flops and an SKS. The Spandrel BDRM is also much superior to the TOW MAT-V as well. You can fire off 5 rounds without having to load every shot and you are under armour cover the whole time. I'll keep my BDRM if you please.

Edited by tmpwhore

I think the T-72B3m is fine, it was introduced around 2010, the t90m only started production a year ago. The BRDM could certainly be phased out for the tigr but the btr fills the transport role for the russians. The BRDM is a light scout car which is unique to the russians and I would hate to lose that.

4 hours ago, Sparcany said:

I think the T-72B3m is fine, it was introduced around 2010, the t90m only started production a year ago. The BRDM could certainly be phased out for the tigr but the btr fills the transport role for the russians. The BRDM is a light scout car which is unique to the russians and I would hate to lose that.

This. It is important to keep in mind that much of the newer Russian military equipment is in very low production due to Russia having a very small economy. Upgraded Soviet era gear still makes up the vast majority of Russian stocks. I definitely don't want to see the things like the AK-12 added into the game seeing that it isn't standard issue and won't be for many more years. A better way to give the Russians an upgrade would be to add in their airborne troops. Although the basic infantry weapons aren't much different, vehicles would have a wide variety to choose from and uniforms would look different as well.