Sign in to follow this  
Zylfrax791

Weird Bugs

I've been noticing these QOL bugs for quite some time now.

1. First one is whatever class you first pick you get stuck with that character model in the 3rd person view for the rest of the match unless you completely disband the squad. So for example I choose SL pilot, fly a bit then change to SL or SL crewman and I still look like the SL pilot with the visor helmet etc. Sometimes it works the other way too. My sons see it both ways on their screens too.

2. Anytime I get out of a Logi an ACOG and another attachment are suspended the air about 10 feet up in the air in front of the truck. Also whatever the Russian optic is too btw. My sons also see this. Only seems to be the SL ACOG though. It is persistent as well so if I pass by the same place a little later it's still there. This only happened a few time but I've also got out and all the sudden there is an entire giant 10 foot long M4 suspended in the air.

3. A lot of times when I exit any type of vehicle out on the battlefield I hear this random fully automatic staccato burst of gunfire super loud in my right headphone. At first it was a bit disconcerting but I've become accustomed to it now. Sons don't hear it at all.

4. Anytime I'm driving the normal trucks in pretty much any faction if I turn my head all the sudden I'm looking down inside my empty character model body.

5. Stuck in the F radial menu. Sometimes when entering/exciting vehicle or using the menu to move supplies or ammo it gets in this persistent stuck version where it just sits there in front of my screen and I can't do anything. That's why I always drop a rally because only respawning fixes it. Also can manifest itself whilst switching seats as well.

6. A lot of times when I open the command map and then close it my green movement line and everyone else's blue movement lines still display on the screen after closing the map. Quickly opening and closing the map fixes it.

7. Starred favorites in server browser go bye bye as soon as you close the game.

None of these bugs are terribly overwhelming or anything but I thought I'd mention them at least and see if others are having similar experiences. And btw, to this day you can still clip into the top of the tallest buildings on Narva.

1. 3rd person model - Yes easy to replicate
  2. I think some weapon elements from inf always get left as you enter a vic.
    In the BDRM if i get in and drive backards the ammo racks on each side stay in place.
  3. Not had this audio bug
  4. I can turn to see inside model from first person but it is not unexpected.
  5. Stuck menu, i have had this for SL and vic enter. Fixed each time with death or using an ammo crate. Perhaps needs to reset after every use even when it does not successfully appear.
  6. not had this arrow bug
  7. I dont use this feature

Adding 8. Stuck in ragdoll aftering being run over by enemy or friendly vic. They are not parked on top. Example was being behind a BDRM and it reversed over me. It tried to kill me after but could not hit my ragdoll :P

Edited by suds

On 23/11/2019 at 9:43 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

1. First one is whatever class you first pick you get stuck with that character model in the 3rd person view for the rest of the match unless you completely disband the squad. So for example I choose SL pilot, fly a bit then change to SL or SL crewman and I still look like the SL pilot with the visor helmet etc. Sometimes it works the other way too. My sons see it both ways on their screens too.

OMG! so it's not something i broke, then.  w00t!

i made a bunch of changes and thought i'd broken something (as it happens, in just the way i wanted it to :P) when i started modding the roles and stuffs.

i wanted soldier(clothing kit) to 'stick' for the match or until going back to the Role screen and changing "Role"(clothing kit), and to then use the Deployment screen for changing loadout(kit) independant of clothing kit - works great for what i want but i can see how it would be considered 'broken' in Squad (would toment the SL's, no doubt).

So your boys both saw the same effect on their sceens, as well? - if so, good for me as it confirms replcation of the error(feature) - orsim!

Also: are you guys also getting spud-level character textures in the Role screen for "Team 2" (Ins/Mil)? i noticed Karmakut also had them in his new How-to-Squad type vids.

i'm still at whatever version the SDK is atm.

Edited by LaughingJack

On 28/11/2019 at 12:36 AM, suds said:

@LaughingJack You may have broken it for everyone. ... and now the pandas are dying.

hahahahahahahhahhhaaaahahahaaaah !!!!! ;)

Since the bug have been there a while, they are not bugs but features or so a "wise man" once told me

That said, if there is a simple error in a video game that has been completely known about for over two years and not fixed at some point the only rational conclusion user's could come to is that it isn't actually considered an error but a feature.

16 hours ago, Jevski said:

Since the bug have been there a while, they are not bugs but features or so a "wise man" once told me

Cherry picking a snippet related to what you consider an "exploit" is irrelevant. Everyone else understands the difference between bugs and exploits. Getting stuck in a radial menu would never be considered an "exploit". The game allows me to TK six people and then autokicks me at the seventh one. Were those first six TK's a "feature"? Of course not.

With use of sandbags and ladders you can crawl into the windows of buildings that have full interiors but are otherwise inaccessible from the ground floor. Whereupon you can put ATGM's in elevated positions or simply drop new FOB's. So is this considered a "bug", "error" or "exploit" or am I simply smartly  using tools provided by the game as a "feature"?

On the other hand if you truly believe a FOB placed under a water plane is an exploit then why is it impossible to get an official acknowledgement of that fact in any patch notes over the entire timeline? Not only that it's already been discussed ad nauseum here and not a single official ruling was ever made.

Better yet, you're a server host so go on Discord and ask them point blank, "is it an exploit or is it a feature to put a FOB underwater?" and then copy/paste it here. If they say yes then logically ask why it's been allowed to exist for so long.

57 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Getting stuck in a radial menu would never be considered an "exploit".

Funny enough, if you are SL and going to put FOB or HUB but gets killed. But since you are stuck in radial menu, you still able to to put. I had it once. Since you know how to get stuck, that is looks like an explot.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Better yet, you're a server host so go on Discord and ask them point blank, "is it an exploit or is it a feature to put a FOB underwater?" and then copy/paste it here. If they say yes then logically ask why it's been allowed to exist for so long.

Also ask them is it an exploit to put FOB inside rocks. Common feature on Gorodok map.

9. Pressing crouch or prone and nothing happens immediately, press it again and find that I have crouched then stood up or gone prone then stood up.

Usually causes death from the enemy fire I am trying to avoid.

Poor server connection might cause this ( i get variable ping 40-60 or 60-100) but maybe someone can confirm.