zyco187

8gb ddr3 ??

hello long time pr player here and i have a pc with

Processor: AMD FX 8350
RAM Corsair 8GB DDR3
Motherboard Asus M5A97 2.0 EVO
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64bit
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB

is anyone else running this game with 8gb ddr3? i have tried to load the game but most maps are too laggy for play! i hope the 1060 3gb i just bought is going to work for this game bc i bought it only for this game and it was not cheap! i hope the only thing i have to upgrade is the ram to be able to play this game. any suggestions?

I have the same processor and the same amount of RAM (ddr3), but I'm using Win 10 Pro, 1050 TI 4GB and running from SSD

I am playing with everything at medium and AA off and it works well at 40 ~ 60 fps most of the time.

Every 10 minutes after loading the map, the game gets laggy, I don't even try to go into battle because whenever I point at an enemy, the game freezes, but after that, the game starts to run smoothly.

My suggestion is

Try to run the game on a SSD or install Win 10 Pro x64 (i think it manages better the resources of your machine, making it more powerfull)

Edited by DoppelGangerBR

1 hour ago, DoppelGangerBR said:

Try to run the game on a SSD

This. I run a 960 2gb with an FX 6300 and 8gb of ddr3. It chugs a bit at times but tends to work well enough for my tastes. A SSD is the game changer. Based on your specs it will run decent not well. If you can tolerate mid 40s to high 50s then you'll do fine.

Yeah I wouldn’t recommend any the fx chipset or a 1060 3gb! Maybe 1060 6gb and at least 16gb of ram 

here’s the thing having really low end pcs like this that are less powerful than a console slows down development time because they’ve got to try and cater for low end pcs 

this isn’t a dig at you guys but just fact! 

And having low end pcs it just gets worst as games develop 

ive been playing squad for 4 years with over 3500 hours and if I had 30 to 60 FPS i would definitely not have that many hours of enjoyment it would have ruined it for me 

Edited by ZXD_Lee

4 hours ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Yeah I wouldn’t recommend any the fx chipset or a 1060 3gb! Maybe 1060 6gb and at least 16gb of ram 

here’s the thing having really low end pcs like this that are less powerful than a console slows down development time because they’ve got to try and cater for low end pcs 

this isn’t a dig at you guys but just fact! 

And having low end pcs it just gets worst as games develop 

ive been playing squad for 4 years with over 3500 hours and if I had 30 to 60 FPS i would definitely not have that many hours of enjoyment it would have ruined it for me 

im trying really hard not be triggered by this comment. 

try be a little more mindful to those not willing to spend 4+ grand on a pc that they play 5 months of the year when the weather is shit. 

squads a big game and needs the help of a better pc to run sure, but when the dev's own minimum requirements are as you say "low end" you shouldn't really be pointing fingers at anyone about supposedly hindering game development. 

take red dead redemption 2, awful awful optimisation so bad in fact those with 5 grand rigs were struggle to get 30 fps constant. I have a ryzen 5 1600, 8g ddr4 and a 1060 6g. the only thing wrong there in the dev's eyes is the 8 gig ram.

its a big game but not a graphically demanding one, personally the only time my game suffers is when you have lots of fobs and built up objectives. 

I have an I5-6400 CPU that runs at about 3.2Ghz, a GTX 970 4Gb and 24GB DDR4, (upgraded from 8GB) plus an SSD and i can run the game at decent settings and still get good frame rate. For now Skorpo is a nightmare for the system but every update have been a significant improvement in performance and now i can run with must settings at high or epic plus Vsync etc. Supersampling is still bordeline. 1.25x works but the hit on frame rate is significant. The RAM doesnt seems to be a major issue, i could play with 8GB too.

But if you dont have the game on a SSD that should be no 1. If you have an extra slot for RAM it is both cheap and easy to install another 8GB so i see no reason not to.

8 gigs of ram wont suffice. Even with 16 gigs your system still falls beneath the minimum PC specs (steam page). It won't be a great experience.

4 hours ago, Beard said:

try be a little more mindful to those not willing to spend 4+ grand on a pc that they play 5 months of the year when the weather is shit. 

squads a big game and needs the help of a better pc to run sure, but when the dev's own minimum requirements are as you say "low end" you shouldn't really be pointing fingers at anyone about supposedly hindering game development. 

take red dead redemption 2, awful awful optimisation so bad in fact those with 5 grand rigs were struggle to get 30 fps constant. I have a ryzen 5 1600, 8g ddr4 and a 1060 6g. the only thing wrong there in the dev's eyes is the 8 gig ram.

its a big game but not a graphically demanding one, personally the only time my game suffers is when you have lots of fobs and built up objectives. 

you can build a whole pc system which surpasses the steam page recommomended specs for less then 600€ NEW.

Thats german prices, add ~20% € for down under, subtract ~10% € for the us.

Parts used: rx580, r5 2600, 16gig 3000mhz ram, b450 board, 550w 80+ gold psu, 500gb sata ssd, budget case

Get the important parts used (gpu, cpu+ram+board), use leftover parts from your old system (case, psu and hdd) and it drops to more like 250€.

Results in nice and smooth (as smooth as squad can be) gameplay at [email protected] medium settings with ssaa off.

The very same system will be running rdr2 medium settings 1080p at 60+ fps and high/ultra settings 1080p at 30+ fps.

Whomever convinced you that you need to spend 4-5 grand in pc parts for a smooth experience in any game was straight up lying. I'd recommend not paying these people any attention.

Edited by moeppling

thanks for the tips guys. i have done some more researching this issue on the squad support website and it may be caused by the freezing/stuttering issue squad is currently having. i was able to play this game without issues on one occasion and didn't have my fps setting turned on so i couldn't see how many frames i was getting but i didn't notice any drops at all on 1080p medium settings :) 

On 23/11/2019 at 11:59 AM, Beard said:

Yeah that’s pretty much a Minecraft pc 

I get 80 to 100 frames on rdr2 in 1440p on high settings and my pc isn’t 4K 

look at the second hand market there’s some great deals 

I just get a 9700k £250 

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/21046180

nice 

I would def suggest at least 16gb of ram. If it's not too late, i would return the 1060 and get a RX 570 (used on Ebay for $80). You can use the rest of the money to get the new Ryzen 5 1600 + mobo from microcenter for around $110 for both (u get -$30 if u buy the Ryzen with any mobo from Microcenter). Black Friday and Cyber-Monday is prob your best times to do these things.

With this setup u can play on high with 60+ FPS at 1080p.

Edited by Chinchilla

On 23-11-2019 at 5:43 PM, moeppling said:

8 gigs of ram wont suffice. Even with 16 gigs your system still falls beneath the minimum PC specs (steam page). It won't be a great experience.

you can build a whole pc system which surpasses the steam page recommomended specs for less then 600€ NEW.

Thats german prices, add ~20% € for down under, subtract ~10% € for the us.

Parts used: rx580, r5 2600, 16gig 3000mhz ram, b450 board, 550w 80+ gold psu, 500gb sata ssd, budget case.

Stop describing my pc reeee.

I actually build that exactly in the start of this year, 860 euro total in belgium.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/rfcYcf

Switched the 1050 Ti for a RX 580 Aorus 8GB later down the road, 200 euro.