Sign in to follow this  
budder8818

Anti personal Mine for Irregulars.

In PRBF2 there were deployable Bouncing Bettys for a few factions. They functioned just like AT mines and had to be marked on the map to be avoided by friendly infantry. Some suggestions I have:

• Include a minefield deployable for FOBs
  • Grenade traps for unconventional factions (similar to PRBF2)
  • Give combat engineer a smaller minefield deployable

Just a few ideas, would need to be expanded upon.

I think mines should definitely hurt friendlies. If you stumble into a marked minefield that's on you.

Edited by Dufflespud

It would be kinda nice to see things like this added. The irregular factions could use anything that they can get to help set them apart even more. The big problem I could see is them being too common or too rare. If it is placed in a dedicated kit then they may never get used in any useful way, much like how AT mines get placed in the middle of nowhere. If they are too common, such as adding it to a limited rifleman kit, then they might end up being placed everywhere and clueless teammates might end up running into them themselves.

For the irregulars I would imagine that they would be tripwire/pressure activated where they can be place and forget while the conventionals might get claymores or mon 50 that are manually detonated.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:44 AM, Thegreenzzz said:

You would need a way to remove it, and should it hurt friendlys?

Easy. Shovel removes it and prone you can't set off the mine. A careful person can prone, crawl up to the mine, and shovel it away.