Gobx

Trenching & Portable HMGs

Can squad leaders give the ability to construct trenches (similar to sand bags but a dirt hill that you can always dig out for cover) this doesn't need any building supplies supplies and is often used in combat. 

I'd also like to see a portable HMG + ammo loaded in each vehicle that can be unloaded by squad leader and broken down and reloaded into a vehicle (if destroyed you must go restock them from base) This also keeps mraps, and other non logistic weapon mounted vehicles to work with their squads.

The use of portable HMG's and Trenching can add some very interesting fire fights and gives squads more of a tactical way to put pressure on certain choke points in maps and also gives squads more protection from armor, mortars, and other HMG locations, while effectively setting up fire bases on mortar locations etc. With artillery coming, that should wipe out trenches, hmgs, etc.

Edited by Gobx

Having to literally remove a part of the map to make the trench fit, and having it plop back in in case of it being dug down or destroyed is unlikely to be implemented into the game

Mobile HMGs are something that I've wanted for ages. At the very least for INS/MIL should be able to somewhat covertly set up HMGs in buildings or on hills without the need of FOBs, it could really help sell their guerrilla ambush tactics.

1 hour ago, flappie said:

Having to literally remove a part of the map to make the trench fit, and having it plop back in in case of it being dug down or destroyed is unlikely to be implemented into the game

I think he was suggesting that you can just build a mound of dirt:

2 hours ago, Gobx said:

...(similar to sand bags but a dirt hill that you can always dig out for cover)...

I feel that the rifleman's sandbags already fill that role and adds a bit of extra value to the rifleman class which would be lost if the SL could do it.

I was thinking a 3ft by 6ft patch of dirt that can be dug by any one anywhere as long as squad leader orders it. Riflemen can still place sand bags on top of them to further fortify and even stand up or crouch if needed. This way you can trench out a good 40ft if needed to move across a ridge

edit: in fact it would be cool if riflemen dig up trenches, machinegunners dig up sand bags, engineer does mines, and razor wire. All free and off FOBs. Fortifying certain positions is tactical warfare especially under supply routes etc. 

Edited by Gobx

building a machine gun platform so you can raise the barrel a bit. Now you can't place it on certain roofs because of the ledge. Talking about the low profile static machine guns.