Smee

Staying alive bonus " Overtime bonus for Infantry "

Trying to think of a solution to the age old problem of people giving in and just respawning. How about this. 

Over time bonus for infantry to stay alive.  With stars to indicate how long they managed to survive that round. 

So first star 10 mins with return of 1 ticket to the team , second 20 mins 2 tickets , third 40 mins 4 tickets  , fourth 50mins 8 tickets, and final fifth  at 70 mins 12 tickets.  Of course if you die your timer gets reset and you start again, you only get the ticket reward once, but you keep the star mark.  I know it seems like a gimick but hey who don't like a star for being a good little solider.  And of course they reset on next round. Once seen on the end screen you may find more people trying to stay alive.

dastardly-and-muttley-in-their-flying-mamedia.nl?id=5011952%26c=515692%26h=8dedb

With a whole squad doing the spectacular and surviving your looking at 9, 18, 36, 72, 108 based on a whole squad these may look high but how many maps go beyond 60 min mark and if your doing that well your side wont really need the tickets. 

These are just some thoughts. Whats your thoughts

On average my squad would be getting 50 to 70 tickets a round with a 4-5 man locked (serious game) squad.

This is a pretty good idea. I like it.

Interesting idea, but I think another system on top doesn't solve the issue. Also depending on game mode like Invasion this will only apply to one side.

When I think back in v10 and v11 people gave up a lot less because with limited 9 seat rallies, and the nearest FOB miles away you had any reason to wait for a medic. Nowadays the next entry point is usually just around the corner. Also if I remember correctly I sometimes had to wait a lot longer before I was allowed to reenter!? in v16 I think never waited longer than 90 seconds before I could rejoin.

Also in almost all cases you are quicker back in the game if you give up and join again. That's a huge misconception.

The easiest solution or at least improvement would be to set the time to reenter to at least the amount of time you could have waited for a medic on the battlefield + maybe a fixed penalty for giving up early.

Or you know, go back to the PR fob and rally system refined over the course 13 or so years.

20 hours ago, hades said:

Or you know, go back to the PR fob and rally system refined over the course 13 or so years.

I don’t think this would solve the problem that the thread was written for

Great idea in theory. However, your average low IQ Steam drone only wants to get back into the action as quick as possible and would care less about gold stars.

That said, how about instead the exact opposite in the form of an exponential punishment system that actually increases your spawn time after every time you don't wait for a medic? If you wait the full bleed out and nobody bothers to revive you then no punishment but after each time you give up a minute gets added to your next respawn time.

5 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Great idea in theory. However, your average low IQ Steam drone only wants to get back into the action as quick as possible and would care less about gold stars.

That said, how about instead the exact opposite in the form of an exponential punishment system that actually increases your spawn time after every time you don't wait for a medic? If you wait the full bleed out and nobody bothers to revive you then no punishment but after each time you give up a minute gets added to your next respawn time.

+1

Increase spawn timer every time somebody clicks the GIVE UP button. +15 seconds every time. 

PR did something like that some years ago. Increasing respawn timer eveyr time you died. Just instead of doing it every time you died, do it eveyr time somebody clicks the GIVE UP button.

In general I´m for the increasing punishment instead of increasing reward. The reward should be alreayd that you´re playing a videogame. 

Meanwhile though... The 15,000 lbs. elephant in the room still exists. Here we're talking about mitigating the effects of ticket loss due most times to someone being downed with small arms and that's great and everything.

However...

What about the entitled shitlords losing mutiple choppers and getting to claim them again and again, over and over because "our squad is named "HELI"?

This is total garage that the game is now essentially rewarding mediocrity. Has everyone forgotten the hard coding of personal vehicle claiming cooldown timers in previous versions of the game already?

Remember this punishment? It was linked to you and your whole squad and when you lost a big ticket vehicle you couldn't just bebop back to Main and grab another one. Let's bring that back and give other's a chance.

Better yet, exponential spawn timers and vehicle claiming cooldown timers need to be in Squad but I've got the ultimate built in punishment game mechanic idea that would be the icing on the cake.

So just like the game is hard coded to automatically kick you from the match at a set amount of team kills how about also it now kicks you for losing the team a set amount of tickets regardless if they're give up deaths or vehicle tickets?

30 sounds about right.

Display ticket loss on scoreboard vs cost to enemy. It will have the same psychological effect as KD.

For the bonus idea, I appreciate the idea but it would reward an afk player more than a player who is working hard for the win.

Eg I try to rescue assets like logi trucks a lot, this smashes my KD but it helps the team far more than the loss of a few lives if successful.

I'd go for equal ticket pool per squad per game as a percentage of the factions tickets, allocated during staging.

Squad leader carries say 18 tickets, replenishes them at HAB as long as his pool grants him tickets, while commander can re-allocate tickets to depleted squad pools, when it makes sense.

Tickets are granular, so you move them like ammo. Tickets can be restored into HAB when you despawn there. 

Squads would learn to save lives in a combined effort rather than the usual "meh" when your buddy calls for help. In real combat, wounded soldiers are a real burden that the entire squad has to deal with. It would reward "saving your men" - actions, evacuations etc. Just to save the tickets. At the moment, a bit of ammo is worth as much as a trained soldier. 

Also would it give the game way more coherent movement, because you cannot easily reallocate large forces. If you encircle an enemy force, it cannot suddenly pop up somewhere behind you because one guy and his buddy made it through and spawned an army. 

Right now, the basic tactical maneuvers like encircling, flanking etc. are of limited use, as is evading and shifting to avoid being encircled or flanked,because allocation of troops happens somewhere in hyperspace. 

2 hours ago, suds said:

Display ticket loss on scoreboard vs cost to enemy. It will have the same psychological effect as KD.

Yes. Instead of K/D the first two columns heading of the scoreboard should show a ticket icon with a + sign and then another one with the - sign. This way at the end of the match you'll be able to see who actually won or lost the match for your team.

Just make the respawn timer for people who give up frequently get longer.

For example:

If you've given up 2 times in 5 min == 120 sec respawn, 4 times == 240 seconds, etc... 

Edited by heckler

On 11/21/2019 at 4:23 AM, Nightingale87 said:

+1

Increase spawn timer every time somebody clicks the GIVE UP button. +15 seconds every time. 

PR did something like that some years ago. Increasing respawn timer eveyr time you died. Just instead of doing it every time you died, do it eveyr time somebody clicks the GIVE UP button.

In general I´m for the increasing punishment instead of increasing reward. The reward should be alreayd that you´re playing a videogame. 

So if my squad gets wiped out and the point we were defending gets capped, we are all penalized for attempting to help the team defend the next point as quickly as possible

18 minutes ago, Thegreenzzz said:

So if my squad gets wiped out and the point we were defending gets capped, we are all penalized for attempting to help the team defend the next point as quickly as possible

Well if there is a medic nearby yes. If no one is nearby and you have no chance for revive I would say giving up is a valid option without any penalty but timer should still be at least equal to your time until bleed out. Dying should have consequences and  the other team should have a benefit in form of a time advantage if they wipe out your whole squad.

I really enjoyed the value and disadvantage of death In older Squad versions. Nowadays you just give up and respawn at the rally within at max 1 minute.

13 hours ago, Thegreenzzz said:

Yes. You don´t get penalized for helping. You get the consequences of being defeated. 

If you defend the point. You orginize the defense, fight, and if you are overmatched, you retreat. YOU RETREAT.

Nobody ever retreats in Squad. You even didnt consider it a possibility when you posted that. That is because the gameplay makes is useless and pointless to retreat. 

People in Squad fight suicidely to the death. edeath is not  really a punishment, just a few seconds delay from the next pew-pew moment.

A game in which you actually need to take steps to withdraw form a fight you are losing in order not to lose all your SQUAD is a game SQUAD is not right now. This is one of the reasons some see it as a ONE-SHOT KILL VERSION OF COD WITH SOME BUILDING ELEMENTS IN BIG MAPS. And that´s it.