Just though I can start a topic and see what you guys think about any new nations you guys would like to see. Reasons why I think my chosen nation would work well in Squad is: Vehicle models in game can be used for it, weapon models, appropriate maps work for it, and the conflict it’s  are in today. And vehicles that are still used by it today.

1. Ukraine Army

Vehicles:

Tank: T-72

IFV: BMP-1, BMP-2
APC: BTR-80, BTR-82, MT-LB (NSVT and PKT Version)

Scout Car: BRDM-2

Anti Tank: BRDM Spandrel 

Anti Air: BMP-ZSU

Logistics- Zil-131

Transport: Zil-131

Heli: Mi-8

Weapons: 

Automatic Assault Rifle: AKM, AK-74, AK-74M, AKS-74, 
LMGs: PKM, RPK-74, RPK-74M

Carbines: AKS-74U

Sniper: SVD, SVDM

Pistol: PM

Anti Tank: RPG-7 (with and without optic) RPG-29

Grenades: F1, RGD-5

Knife: AKM Bayonet

Heavy Machine Guns (Stationary) : DSHKA, NSVT

Anti Tank Weapons (Stationary): SPG-9, 9M133 

Combat is still happening where Ukraine fights (War In Donbass). Can be used on maps like Yehorivka (based in Ukraine), Gorodok, or Belya (for alternate history) 

Opponents: Russian Army, Irregular Militia

What Nations do you guys they should add?

ukr-modern-army-5.jpg1SeWapT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f2843998aa49be774bedbbfd51cab8ba1.jpg

Edited by daniboyrulez
Added extra

Still waiting for an eastern based coventional or another unconventional.

Prefferably with other weaponary.

imo Ukraine would be too similar to Russian forces. Basically just a slight re-skin. In other words, offers very little to the game in its current form. Like you said all of its equipment already exists in the game. By all means, create a Ukrainian army mod

A conventional army (for example MEC or some other (can be fictional)) to rival the current ones would be a better addition, 'cause right now it's still only the Russian army fighting against the other 3 (conv. army vs conv. army).

I think it might be a nice addition to the game. It could give us the possibility to see some of the older versions of the T-72 or maybe even a T-64 or a T-80. For most of the other vehicles only a reskin would be necessary. There are quite a few different paint schemes that I've seen that could set them apart from the Russian ones.

Luckily the uniforms in Ukraine are much different to the Russian flora. For those that don't know the newest pattern is more of a digital tan.

I'd really love to see some of the nations that never show up in any games represented and squad is a great place to do it. With this I doubt we will be seeing it any time soon though. The game really needs another OPFOR conventional force. Right now everyone is up against the Russians all the time.

Something OPFOR. The MEC from PR are a good example. It's a fictional but familiar military with a different feel to how they play. Adding something like them would be a big change if not just for the fact they have battle rifles (G3 variants) as their standard issue gun.

More specifically for a named military something like Iran would be cool because they have a mix of Eastern and Western equipment.

Also, China. I've posted a few times before how China would be a great faction because they have a very large inventory of Chinese designed and produced equipment making them different from just another Russian-equipped faction.

MEC, China, Germany, France,Scandinavian faction are the factions i want to see most due to that most of these variate so much from each other and what we already have.

Edited by zarenx

Some sort of 2nd/3rd world army would be nice. Adding another Western faction doesnt improve the game. US/UK/Canada are all very equal. Im thinking something between the conventional forces and milita. Mainly older weaponry but still access to helicopters etc.

On 2019-11-18 at 4:09 PM, Agris said:

imo Ukraine would be too similar to Russian forces. Basically just a slight re-skin. In other words, offers very little to the game in its current form. Like you said all of its equipment already exists in the game. By all means, create a Ukrainian army mod

A conventional army (for example MEC or some other (can be fictional)) to rival the current ones would be a better addition, 'cause right now it's still only the Russian army fighting against the other 3 (conv. army vs conv. army).

Id like to see Turkey. 

Look at the grand example in wargame Red Dragon and there are plenty to choose from for Redfor.

E.g. China, Finland, North Korea, Yugoslavia, etc

Hello everyone!

Recently I had a fun time thinking about a new factions into the game as well. I prepared a few of these into a small spreadsheet with full equipment for each roletype and role. Do you think I should post them into this thread, or start a new one for each faction? I'm new to this forum and I would not like to annoy some mods from the start so I'm asking first :).

3 hours ago, Moosehead_Ctira said:

Hello everyone!

Recently I had a fun time thinking about a new factions into the game as well. I prepared a few of these into a small spreadsheet with full equipment for each roletype and role. Do you think I should post them into this thread, or start a new one for each faction? I'm new to this forum and I would not like to annoy some mods from the start so I'm asking first :).

Yeah go ahead and add it in this thread