neilJ80

Squad keeps freezing my computer

Ok guys, just bought a MSI PS63 Modern 8RD  to try to get started on Squad. I enter any type of gameplay, including the training map, and my computer completely freezes to the point I have to do a hard shut down. I have tried turning down everything and problem still continues. 

8th Gen Core i7-8565U

GTX 1050Ti

Completely new to computer gaming and do not know much about computers in general. If anyone could give me some helpful advice, it would be greatly appreciated. And thank you in advance for any help.

3 hours ago, neilJ80 said:

Ok guys, just bought a MSI PS63 Modern 8RD  to try to get started on Squad. I enter any type of gameplay, including the training map, and my computer completely freezes to the point I have to do a hard shut down. I have tried turning down everything and problem still continues. 

8th Gen Core i7-8565U

GTX 1050Ti

Completely new to computer gaming and do not know much about computers in general. If anyone could give me some helpful advice, it would be greatly appreciated. And thank you in advance for any help.

- Is it in evry game or only squad?

- How much ram does your system have and what type?

- Is squad installed on a ssd?

- Is your gpu a 4gig model? (Don't know much about laptop models).

- Have you tried reinstalling your drivers? Do a complete removal with DDU and clean install of gpu drivers.

Yours specs are similiar to my previous pc (i7-4790 , MSI GTX 1050Ti GT OC (4GB DDR5) , 12gb DDR3 1600), so you should be able to run Squad at low @1080p.

Edited by oTec