Atlan

I'm giving up on this game.

Squad has its flaws. Although its not a major issue, the concept and development of the game is just to my liking. I'm a competitive player, and grasp various games quick, and become very good at them in a short amount of time. I' have tried countless servers, to play competitive. I have both tried the normal servers that don't require high end, but people are just really bad at the game.

I have tried high end servers, high end gameplay, where the admins enforce high end, but don't really enforce it, and let bad players ruin it. The major issue is squad leads that have no idea.

I'm no wizard, and I am no military guy, but when helicopters were added to the game, my mind was set on helicopters being used for frontal/quick attacks, /Quick habs behind enemy lines. This is the correct way to use them, but when you have squadleads with more than 3000+ hours, that use helicopters to build defence, and useless tow guns, and the admins say they enforce high end play, but do nothing I find it highly embarrassing to waste my time, and competitive spirit. 

And they let logi trucks do the frontal assaults, and habs behind enemy lines, that's not high end play. I think the major issue with players thinking they're good in this game is that they're good at shooting people, good at getting kills. And therefore to them they're the best players. Quite often that is their argument, but they lack logic, sense, and tactical approaches. 

As with many other games, its not the games that are bad, its the people that make the game bad. 

If anyone knows of a real competitive server, that have multiple people actually advancing with tactics, great tactics, who communicate, are ready, and speedy, giving up to date info, planning together, then tell me.

Because as of this point, I can't the stupidity, and ignorance of the playerbase ruined this beautiful game for me.

I totally understand you and can even relate to what you are saying.Most of the time i was in game i was switching servers because of this things and i saw it in my mind as a waste of my time to play on some servers where team switching to the wining side was ok so ok that the loosing side could not get out from the main base couple of games in a row.

However since i got into a clan,a team or however you want to call it it got a lot better for me its a lot more fun a lot more interesting when you have guys from your team that actually want to play and want to win not just mess around and stuff.

If you are not in one i would suggest you to get into one maybe.

6 hours ago, Atlan said:

I have tried high end servers, high end gameplay, where the admins enforce high end, but don't really enforce it, and let bad players ruin it. The major issue is squad leads that have no idea.

giphy.gif

What is a "high-end" server and how would one enforce high end gameplay?

Edited by oTec

Join a clan dude it way better!! Just playing public servers when you’re in a clan is way better, then you’ve got the clan v clan matches a comps 

Yup, you may wanna join a clan, do some squadops.gg events if you are in their timezone, and last but not least try out different servers. Daytime and servers make a huge difference. Also eventually even without joining a clan you gonna get to know a few people and know who is a good squad leader, or at least a squad leader that shares your view of tactics. 

Beside that, even on a "this will go awfully wrong" server if you are playing as squad lead yourself you can influence a lot how you enjoy the game. Play predictive, lead by example, fall back to caps if you know a flag is lost and there is no chance for a double neutral. Communicate and help other squad leaders, and even if you don't have a chance to win the game you can usually enjoy the tons of micro stories and battle encouters every Squad game has to offer.

Last but not least please don't be the kind of squad mate that doesn't want to lead but knows everything better. This totally ruins immersion for the whole squad.

40 minutes ago, oTec said:

What is a "high-end" server and how would one enforce high end gameplay?

Well, that's are Servers where all player plays the most efficient way possible without wasting time at all.

Most commonly found in top tier tournament matches, but to be honest these games are all but fun.

You can see by mainly comparing the weight of the 2 most crucial factors to win matches.

Communication and Skill are the key components here and skill just outweigh communication by a long shot.

Any team with good skilled players and lack of communication will outplay any opponent with less skilled player even if they have superior communication.

This is my biggest critic of the game including public-and competitive play because that playstyle already got repetitive, stale and kind of bored (crushing others isn't fun and getting crushed isn't fun as well and close matches are pretty uncommon) but necessary if you want to be efficient.

25 minutes ago, Pharanaiton said:

Glad to see some arrogant players leave the game to be honest.

That's just rude. All I can see is a very enthusiastic person who wishes that more people in this game have situational awareness and communicate with their team.

Quote Atlan

"If anyone knows of a real competitive server, that have multiple people actually advancing with tactics, great tactics, who communicate, are ready, and speedy, giving up to date info, planning together, then tell me."

The Purple* one is the biggest flaw in the current gameplay design, it leads way too often into unenjoyable rounds/matches.

* Insert Rush B meme

4 hours ago, Phoenixstorm said:

That's just rude.

True...

Hopefully the commander role brings a little coherence between squads. squad 1 waiting for squad 2 to be in position kinda stuff.