doubleDizz

REDEPLOY function (getting players back in the fun fairly)

Suggestion

REDEPLOY button in Command Menu that lets players respawn without a ticket penalty

Purpose

• get players back in the fight after becoming stranded, especially on large-scale maps
  • eliminates players becoming victims of unrealistic metagaming

Conditions

• Countdown to Spawn timer same as Respawn function
  • Only available if there are...
  1. no enemy within X* metres (this should be a large enough number to reduce cheesing, 200 metres for example. The enemy check would be similar to the rally check. *X indicates a number to be determined.)
  2. no friendly HAB within X metres (this should also be high, whatever distance a 4-5 minute run is for example)

Reasons for Consideration

Players often become stranded after....

1. their vehicle is destroyed, or
  2. they are left behind

Being left behind is unrealistic for obvious reasons, but lets look at point 1...

E.G.: Destroyed Vehicle 

If one vehicle is destroyed by another, it is unrealistic for the victors to leave enemy assets in the AO. But this often happen in Squad after an enemy vehicle is destroyed. As a result, players are left stranded.

Realistically, in either scenario, infantry stranded would be out of the engagement and would radio for exfill to safety. While we now have helicopters, they are extremely limited and getting an exfill is highly unlikely.

Summary

• REDEPLOY button is the virtualization of a vehicle extraction.
  • It cannot be used if there are enemy or friendly HABs within a specific distance
  • It removes the unrealistic action of fighting vehicles leaving enemy infantry in an AO
  • It puts more infantry in actual engagement zones more frequently, increasing the intensity of the firefights each match
  • It does not penalize multiple players for the choice made by one other player
  • It reduces overall downtime for general infantry players between engagements

Edited by doubleDizz

You and I, sir, have a very different taste and visión for SQUAD.

This game is trying to please us both. That doesn´t please me (I haven´t played in 5 months). If they keep turning towards the kind of gameplay you want to see I will stop hoping.

a good team will collect stranded inf if it can affect the outcome.

Vics abandoned should penalise the team as they do.

Lol... Go back and read the Kickstarter where doing dirty tricks like disrupting enemy reinforcements and supply lines which results in stranded players on the other team is not only condoned but it's encouraged as part of a strategy of victory. No warm tummy rubs and a trophy for people with no situational awareness please.

f3a8dc48d03805ba0d671ce1a73988ca_origina

"no enemy within X* metres (this should be a large enough number to reduce cheesing, 200 metres for example. The enemy check would be similar to the rally check. *X indicates a number to be determined.)"

Pls stop with the magic enemy detectors

Nobody is more grateful when i make a detour with my vehicle than an abandoned player.

Don't take that out of Squad. It's part of the experience.

14 hours ago, suds said:

a good team will collect stranded inf if it can affect the outcome.

Vics abandoned should penalise the team as they do.

This very rarely happens in public matches.

12 hours ago, paragonid said:

"no enemy within X* metres (this should be a large enough number to reduce cheesing, 200 metres for example. The enemy check would be similar to the rally check. *X indicates a number to be determined.)"

Pls stop with the magic enemy detectors

How do you think the rally check works...?

16 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

You and I, sir, have a very different taste and visión for SQUAD.

This game is trying to please us both. That doesn´t please me (I haven´t played in 5 months). If they keep turning towards the kind of gameplay you want to see I will stop hoping.

If you haven't played in 5 months why are you browsing the forums? Seems like you have ulterior motives.

13 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Lol... Go back and read the Kickstarter where doing dirty tricks like disrupting enemy reinforcements and supply lines which results in stranded players on the other team is not only condoned but it's encouraged as part of a strategy of victory. No warm tummy rubs and a trophy for people with no situational awareness please.

f3a8dc48d03805ba0d671ce1a73988ca_origina

Destroying a vehicle and leaving the infantry stranded instead of killing them as well doesn't adhere to the "realism" objective of the game either. It is also imo one of the factors this game can't increase its player count.

6 hours ago, doubleDizz said:

If you haven't played in 5 months why are you browsing the forums? Seems like you have ulterior motives.

Maybe because I still hope the game goes back to v12 gameplay. Maybe because I really care and support this Project. Maybe i´m one of those who just stop playing after this game started becoming more arcade (for instant action loving crowds) but I stick around so the devs don´t forget who backed them in the first place. 

Maybe my ulterior motive is that I REALLY support what SQUAD originally was.

Besides. I haven´t played vanilla in 5 months. I stick around because of ONE LIFE EVENTS.

9 hours ago, doubleDizz said:

This very rarely happens in public matches.

you can do it. i do.

my -public- team gets more options and capability and often wins

if i am playing vics and lose one i will always drive a stray vic back to main to eat into my vic respawn timer. everyone should do this.

9 hours ago, doubleDizz said:

100% this

Edited by suds

14 hours ago, doubleDizz said:

How do you think the rally check works...?

I don't think, I know how it works. Why do you think I wrote I message?

If a player becomes stranded to bad decisions on their part or good decisions on the part of the opposing team they should be punished. When capturing an objective and preparing a move to the next flag, I always encourage my squad to disengage and leave those people behind. Every enemy that is still at their previous objective is a person that isn't defending the next. Of course this doesn't work if they can recap the objective but is super important on game modes like invasion where tickets are limited and everything counts.

These are the kinds of suggestions that the veterans of the game see as a serious threat to the game's unforgiving nature.