Noobgamer

Make "suppression" logical again!

So here's what happens in the game: you have two riflemen started shooting each other at a range greater than 50m at the same time. A, an experienced and calm player, fired controlled and well-aimed single shots hitting B first, while B, like a noob he was, fired automatically in panic and naturally missed every shot. Suddenly, A completely forgot that he wasn't injured like B and had far more rounds left in his magazine, and simply went panic as well throwing off his aim. Just as that happened, B landed one lucky head shot after missing tens of shots, thus coming out of the fight victorious. Basically, the game taught you that if you fired in pure panic, getting hit first and missed most of your shots, you would survive because logic!

To avoid such stupidity, suppression only comes into effect on a player if:

He was getting shot at by players whom he wasn't already shooting at;

or

He got hit first, in which case his returning fire would have zero suppression effect on the enemy who shot him until he can later land a shot as well.

Also: Between two players shooting each other, the one that missed more shots should panic first and basically "suppress himself".

Edited by Noobgamer

Just remove suppression from anything that isn't a machine gun or higher. No more rifles/pistols etc.

MG's, GPMGS and up.

Would make things alot simpler.

Edited by oTec

I would not mind if when the player get's shot, you get a sort of cramp forcing your gun to sway down or something for a second. It really feels stupid when you shoot somebody in the groin twice but that last bullet of his spray taking you out. I have this problem allot when an enemy pops up close in front of me. Just something to indicate pain, audible as well.

When somebody shoots me twice in the groin and i take him down in total panic i kind of feel great though...

3 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

So here's what happens in the game: you have two riflemen started shooting each other at a range greater than 50m at the same time. A, an experienced and calm player, fired controlled and well-aimed single shots hitting B first, while B, like a noob he was, fired automatically in panic and naturally missed every shot. Suddenly, A completely forgot that he wasn't injured like B and had far more rounds left in his magazine, and simply went panic as well throwing off his aim. Just as that happened, B landed one lucky head shot after missing tens of shots, thus coming out of the fight victorious. Basically, the game taught you that if you fired in pure panic, getting hit first and missed most of your shots, you would survive because logic!

To avoid such stupidity, suppression only comes into effect on a player if:

He was getting shot at by players whom he wasn't already shooting at;

or

He got hit first, in which case his returning fire would have zero suppression effect on the enemy who shot him until he can later land a shot as well.

Also: Between two players shooting each other, the one that missed more shots should panic first and basically "suppress himself".

Suppression has nothing to do with people getting hit. 

What you want is reaction to getting hit. That´s a different mechanich that should be implemened somehow.

Suppression is at decent place right now, desires of TS have nothing to do with logic.

20 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

What you want is reaction to getting hit. That´s a different mechanich that should be implemened somehow.

The point of my argument was that the one firing more effectively, i.e., firing well-aimed single shots hitting the opponent first, might lose due to suppression-induced RNG.

The suppression does not exist in Squad. Unfortunately

It is so low as to be unperceivable

Edited by Tmac

8 minutes ago, Tmac said:

The suppression does not exist in Squad. Unfortunately

It is so low as to be unperceivable

Suppression is very much so in Squad. Someone recently made a video showcasing it

The problem is, people are expecting a single rifle to send the enemy into a seizure, which Squad suppression isn't intending to do. It's designed around rate of fire, caliber and volume, to make people work together while also giving use to higher caliber support weapons. For example three rifles shooting fully-auto at a single person, has similar suppression to that of a single support weapon shooting at someone.

An issue I see all the time is - An LMG lies prone on top of a hill or building, then sprays at enemy 300m away to suppress them. Sits in the same spot sky lining, then gets one tapped. I can guarantee the people he was shooting had quite hefty suppression effects slapped down on them, but all they had to do was reposition 10m outside of the impacts for the suppression effects to not apply to them anymore, and then they just lined up the LMG and tapped him.

23 hours ago, Nightingale87 said:

Aim punch, if you get hit would be quite nice to be honest.

For Supression i have mixed feelings because somtimes it works and at other times it won't.

3 hours ago, Noobgamer said:

The point of my argument was that the one firing more effectively, i.e., firing well-aimed single shots hitting the opponent first, might lose due to suppression-induced RNG.

I get your point. But what you´re sayig about suppression is unrelated. Supression Works fine, what the game needs is a reaction to getting shot. 

Just going to the crouch position with a cry of pain would already be something, with a second of gun sway.